"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
    Well, I'm a few days late on reading this, but I must say, YES! I was getting really angry for a second there that a show I just got into might be cancelled... that would have been bad.
    I'm happy for the fans, but i stopped watching yonks ago - mid S2 I think.

We need old-style Tyr over at the SGC...
    he growls, you know
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

This is good! The show is pretty much crap but the last few episodes is getting better. I hope season 5 will get even better and actually have good stories. WHoo hoo! I hate cliff hanger endings.
      "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Woo hoo!

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I hate seeing them end like that.
        *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

I tried watching andromeda, but I couldn't get into it....

In any case, I'm glad that you people are happy....allthough I really must know what you people are doing away from your stargate dvds...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            ok i watch andromeda every now and tehn and think its pretty cool but i dont watch it enough to know everything. so i have a question for someone that knows more. i was watching tonight and they keep talking about the crew but the only people on the ship are the main cast so what crew are they talking about?
            Ever since they found the remnants of the Commonwealth (on Terra Zed I think it was), including Rhade's descendent, they have had a full crew. But you only get to see various extras running around the ship in a few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
              Yes but did the show ever say exactly what Trance is?
              Originally posted by Champos

I seem to remember hearing something from the last TV series about how she had been created by someone or something to act as a bridge between time and space, kind of a Messiah-like figure who'd save the world
              Dillon is the Messiah-like figure, Trance is "the light" the way the abyss is the infinite darkness. And she is a watcher of sorts, helping to guide the messiah (of sorts) on the right path. But I missed two eps this season so I'm not sure if that changed seeing as they have a habit of changing fundamental elements of that show from time to time.
              Last edited by zebrok; 17 May 2004, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone see the first part of the season finale? I saw it over the weekend and am unsure about how I feel about it.

Comment

I missed it, everyone wants a piece of my action (or at least my time )....I will probably catch it on Sci-Fi Friday.
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

HELP!!! Can any of you good people give me the title of the Andromeda epi with Peter Deluise and Anne Marie Loder? I missed it, and I want to watch for it in the listings. Thanks for your help

Kate of Texas

Comment

Hi there!

I think it was the episode called :"Trusting the Gordian Maze".
                      ...Osiris will return...
                      ...and the rivers of the Earth will run red with blood

Comment

Thanks Teronia, I'll write it down.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok
                          Dillon is the Messiah-like figure, Trance is "the light" the way the abyss is the infinite darkness. And she is a watcher of sorts, helping to guide the messiah (of sorts) on the right path. But I missed two eps this season so I'm not sure if that changed seeing as they have a habit of changing fundamental elements of that show from time to time.
                          Ok, to end the What or Who is Trance debate.

Trance is from a species of "people" who are very old - billions of years older than any other of the races. She and her "people" are AVATARS of stars (suns) - Trance is particularly an avatar of our sun.

However, here is the kicker, she and her people can see all possible possibilities in the universe(s). They are here, there, and everywhere to bring light to the darkness.

OMG! I can't believe I know all this gobiligook. I have just outed myself as the "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinare".
                          Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                            Anyone see the first part of the season finale? I saw it over the weekend and am unsure about how I feel about it.
                            I've seen it. Dylan is a god/angel-figure. Utopia is found. Love Happens. Things get broken. Blah, blah, blah. Wait till you see the second part. They are never going to be able to explain away what ocurrs when they come back next season. Kudo's to them if they can make it believable. I've placed a precis of the two ep's somewhere, I just can't find them; that or I'm too darn lazy to look - you pick.
                            Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
                              OMG! I can't believe I know all this gobiligook. I have just outed myself as the "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinare".
                              There, there (reassuring pat on the back), we know. Never mind, it can happen to the best of us...
                              sum ergo cogitum
                              I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                                It was rather strange. I'm waiting to see what happens in part 2 before I decide.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X