"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Champos
    There, there (reassuring pat on the back), we know. Never mind, it can happen to the best of us...
    LOL, I know, sometimes I suprise even myself with all the useless knowledge I carry around.
    Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
      There, there (reassuring pat on the back), we know. Never mind, it can happen to the best of us...
      Don't reassure that geek! He's an outcast!!!

Oh wait....we're all geeks too
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
        makes me sad. they should be spending the money on something better... heheheh... well, at least the chicks are good looking...
        ..and the boys can hold their own in that department as well. Kevin Sorbo is absolutely gorgeous!
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

(SPOILERS for the Andromeda Season Three finale ...)

DID anyone else think that finale sucked. I could not believe the crew was wiped out by the magog. It was sad to see dylan retreating thru the route of ages. When are the good guys gonna get to win the big fights. It seems as if their is no hope of the universe getting better. Trance having to sacrifice herself to stop the worldship. The commonwealth turning on dylan. maybe hopeful the writers will bring back the vedrans to help dylan save the galaxy. IT is time dylan gets more allies to fight the magog. hopefully next year will be better.
          Last edited by Darren; 24 May 2004, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it wasn't the best. I'm not a faithful Andromeda viewer by any means. I think I've watced my 4 episodes this season including the 2-part season finale. Someone in another thread pointed out that it started turning into Hercules in space and that pinpoints it exactly for me. Dylan's a messiah or something only he can save everything....blah blah blah woo hoo. I do like aspects of the show though. Like most of the crew. It just seems like it's turned into the Dylan Hunt show.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Isn't mostly about Dylan Hunt though? Well, nevermind... I am not the biggest Andromeda fan, but i did watch alot of the episodes, i was unhappy when they made Tyr evil, or something.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It royally sucked, even though I knew from spoilers that it was going to happen. Still, it's coming back for S5 and Trance did say
                that Dylan could go back and start all over again. Which leads me to think they're going to hit the old reset button.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
                  They are never going to be able to explain away what ocurrs when they come back next season. Kudo's to them if they can make it believable.
                  Just saw the second part. Very very bizarre. I agree. They're going to really have to pull out all the stops to make next season work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                    Just saw the second part. Very very bizarre. I agree. They're going to really have to pull out all the stops to make next season work.
                    For the record, I really enjoyed the season finale. Season four was my favorite season. I had kind of given it up after Try left and it turned dark on us all, but it did get much better. As for season five, I think picking up the next season will be rather easy...

Remember when Trance traded places with her future self? I'm sure that's the plot device that will be used to reset the story line and bring back all of the characters. I'm looking forward to it.

As for "Hercules in Space", I liked Hercules and Kevin is very easy on the eyes. It's all about fantasy anyway - I can live with it.
                    Last edited by Sela; 23 May 2004, 04:47 PM.
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

I thought part two was great. It seemed as if we were going to get the standard "hero pulls the fat out of the fire at the last minute and saved the universe" senerio which would have been unimaginative to say the least. In this one, everybody dies which is how it sometimes works in real life. To quote my favorite physician, Dr. Leonard McCoy, "It has been my experience that evil often wins unless good is very, very strong." The good guys lose sometimes.

What I like about this ending is that there is hope at the end and maybe, just maybe there is a second chance to make it all right. After all, that's what we all want isn't it - a second chance?
                      Last edited by Darren; 24 May 2004, 08:37 AM.
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
                        OMG! I can't believe I know all this gobiligook. I have just outed myself as the "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinare".

There are worse things to be. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one...
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                          For the record, I really enjoyed the season finale.
                          For the most part it was really good, up until the last 10 minutes. Then it just kind of ended. Kind of like the old Outer Limits did. It was like, okay, times up, let's stop.

Season 4 did start out a bit slow, wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get into it, but once they brought in Rhade as a counterpart to Dylan's "everything's going to work out" philosophy, it picked up momentum. Loved the 2 parter with Tyr too.

Just didn't feel quite satisfied with the finale, but will definitely tune in to the beginning of S5 to see how they fix it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                            It royally sucked, even though I knew from spoilers that it was going to happen. Still, it's coming back for S5 and Trance did say
                            that Dylan could go back and start all over again. Which leads me to think they're going to hit the old reset button.
                            if they do that...it just takes away from the "believability" of the show. it's like what's been discussed in the "acension good or bad thread" somewhere in another area. personally i think "rewinding" puts too much comfort in a show...oh look we know they're never going to do this blah blah blah...
                            My flickr photography.

Comment

Can someone tell me what was up with the trance-plant thingy? Also, I actually kind of liked the two-parter, but it would have been much better as as Series Finale, since I'm sure they'll use the reset button. The operatic music was a nice touch.

Phil
                              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
                                Can someone tell me what was up with the trance-plant thingy?
                                Phil
                                The plant thingy that Trance holds onto like its her baby is a BONSAI tree - specifically a shimpaku, with a kick. It is from a different time for a different time. If the tree goes, so does the universe - as Trance explained it once.

Its been around since season 2, but this new and improved Trance was the one to tell Dylan to meaning behind it. Apprently, it carries in it the hope of peace. Blah blah blah.

Once again, I show just how much television I watch on saturdays. Say hello to "Sci-Fi Geek Extraordinaire" everyone.
                                Aadizookaan

Comment

Working...
                                X