"Andromeda" Appreciation and Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

Well I think firing Robert Hewitt Wolfe was the first step to oblivion. The show wasn't perfect in the first season but it had some interesting supporting characters and the story arc had potential. After Wolfe left it became all about the Dylan/Sorbo. Every babe he came across fell in love with him. Tyr was wussified, Rev Bem was gone, Trance was spouting dialogue even Oma couldn't understand, Harper became babe-ogler guy, Rommie was still okay but wasn't used much. I watched the episode where Rhade was introduced (replacing Tyr) and I found him rather boring. To top it off they brought Tyr back only to turn him into a mustache-twirling villain. It was a mess.

I never watched Hercules that much but when I did Sorbo seemed perfect in that part. It amazes me how much I dislike him on Andromeda but I do.

BTW, word is that the last few episodes of season 4 are decent, getting back to the Magog/worldship story. "Symmetry of Imperfection" airs this Friday on Scifi and is supposed to be a good Rommie episode.
    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

sorbo is definitely not worth hating, but i used to watch teh show to watch the characters....ALL of them. now every single plot/story revolved around dylan somehow, just like it did in Hercules.

And i seem to recall back in hercules that it got old after a while, sorbo got burned out and wanted/needed time off and it was left to the supporting characters to carry the show.

I used to like bekka, but she's been turned into the stereotypical femme fatale, harper adn trance are the only things worth watching.

if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Andromeda was very average. Some ok episodes some good ones some bad ones. It was a right old mix.

Mostly average though.

I liked it a lot better when Rev Bem was in it...
        ------
        Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....
          If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.
          Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Aadizookaan
            If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.
            OMG! That was my first post in the brand spankin' new forum. Hehehe. Yay me.
            Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise
              That about sums it up. I still watch Andromeda because I like some of the characters (i.e. Rommie, Trace, and Rhade). But, it has turned into "Hercules in Space", and it really didn't have to. Makes me like Kevin Sorbo ever less.

So, if they cancel it, let's hope Lexa Doig can do something else...

Like guest on Stargate!!!

Comment

I don't mind seeing the show cancelled because it has be on a downward slide. It started as a show that had potential. It looked like the would take a page from SG1 and use continuity to make the show better, but instead they just dance around real continuity and only use it when it suits them.

The thing that worries me is the disturbing trend in SciFi. This will likely be the last year for Andromeda, Mutant X, Buffy, Angel, maybe Enterprise and probably only one more year of SG1.

The SciFi future is looking pretty thin. Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis are the only new shows I see coming out. I hope networks start bulking this up soon. Maybe remake some more golden oldies like Buck Rogers.

Comment

Can't say that I am surprised if it does end up being cancelled. I actually watched an episode last week... the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...

yeah, I will admit that the women were pretty good looking but that aint enough to make even an Asgard like me (whose race hasn't gone on a date for centuries) watch that show again...

Well, at least we still got the best ships out there... and BTW, any class of our ships would destroy the Andromeda... They dont deserve another season! lol

Comment

I really liked Andromeda at first but lost interest after the second season. When it started showing on Sci-Fi I tried to get back into it but I'm completely lost now, so I guess I wouldn't be too sad if it got cancelled, at least I wouldn't be as upset as I was when they axed Farscape. When do you think Sci-Fi will start showing Andromeda reruns (if they haven't already?).
                    Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Comment

the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...
                      That would be the same chick who played the woman in the season 7 ep with Jonas... strangely similar parts, although the stories were different...

Personally, I just recently started watching the new eps on SciFi (I wanted to try it out before, but could never figure out when the eps aired), and I like it. I really want them to start showing reruns soon (perhaps an Andromeda Tuesday like Stargate Monday?...) so I can catch up. Personally, I definitely don't want it to get cancelled.

Also... some people have commented on Enterprise... personally, I'm hoping SciFi will pick the show up if UPN wants to cancel it and then syndicate it like they've done with some of their other shows, too.
                      Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

ok i watch andromeda every now and tehn and think its pretty cool but i dont watch it enough to know everything. so i have a question for someone that knows more. i was watching tonight and they keep talking about the crew but the only people on the ship are the main cast so what crew are they talking about?

Comment

Whoa... I was only going to ask the EXACT SAME question eventually... really cool. As far as I can tell, they have a crew (didn't someone say more than 400?), it's just that the show focuses on the senior staff... even more so than any Trek series.
                          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

see i was thinking maybe it was a production cost thing, the whole crew just happens to get locked into their cabins so you dont have to pay any extras

Comment

Nope... I haven't seen an episode yet (I've only seen like 4, though) that shows more than a glimpse of crew... I think those two with the blond woman (see... I don't even know her name yet...) at the beginning may have been crew members.

Comment

well my understand of the main cast is as follows
                                Capt Dylan hunt
                                Becka
                                Trance(sp?)
                                harper
                                rahday(sp?)
                                and romy
                                i think there are supposed to be hundreds of others you dont see

Comment

Working...
                                X