Page 1 of 63 12341151 ... LastLast

Andromeda possibly cancelled?

Yes folks.....Andromeda may be cancelled due to the pull out of it's major production company....unless the Sci fi Channel finds another backer.

Well at least Lexa Doig may be free to star on her hubby's (Michael Shanks) show...
    I hope it will be this season, weather Andromeda sees a 5th season or concludes this season.
    Last edited by dec55; May 1st, 2004 at 08:01 PM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Default Re: Andromeda possibly cancelled?

MS is married to rommie?? Lucky!!!!!!!!!

Yup he sure is....... They got married last summer.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Re: Andromeda possibly cancelled?

Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by spg_1983
    Thats so cool. I know he has guest starred on andromeda before (realy wish i could see the episode) but has she guested on SG-1? i dont remember ever seeing her but i could be wrong.
    no, she hasn't. i read somewhere that they were thinking about having her as Reese, but due to some problems with her filming Andromeda at the same time, she couldn't do it. i'm glad she wasn't Reese. lol she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    she's really cool as Rommie. basically the only character in Andromeda that i really enjoy seeing on the show. i wouldn't really care if it got cancelled or not lol.
    Hey! What about Harper? I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute.

What about Tyr? He growls you know.

This news is not a surprise - I gave up with Andromeda a long time ago, right about when it became what we all predicted it would: Hercules in Space. It went from being pretty good, if cheesy and moralising to... well, rubbish.

Pity though, I'll miss the whole Tyr/Harper and or Tyr/Beka stuff.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Chief Master Sergeant angsty_otaku's Avatar

the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<

Sounds like Mutant X is probably gone for sure, Andromeda is on life support. Here's some articles.

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1358

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/509/509036p1.html

There is apparently litigation over Can West/Fireworks yanking its financial support for Andromeda so who knows what will happen. It would seem unlikely that Scifi would pick up the financial slack....they're pretty heavily committed to Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis. Everything is in limbo at this point..... That has to be difficult for the cast and crew who could be out looking for work if they knew for sure.

While I stopped watching Mutant X after the first season and Andromeda (on a regular basis) after the second season, I know there are still fans of both shows out there and you always hate to see things end like this. I read somewhere that they filmed two different endings for Andromeda's final season 4 episode (because they weren't sure they were coming back for season 5 at the time). I wonder which one they'll show.

I really liked Lexa *and* Gordon Woolvett! Would love to see them show up in guest roles on SG-1 or Atlantis. Heck, if this had happened earlier I think Lexa could have had a good shot at the part of Teyla. She has that exotic look.
    Last edited by Kes; May 2nd, 2004 at 12:58 PM.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Hey! What about Harper? I'd much rather see Gordon Michael Woolvett on Stargate than Lexa, and not just because he's cute.
    well, yeah, he's nice too. cute, funny, smart. you don't really see him all that much and i get lost with what he's saying alot (simple minded me, yes), and sometimes he can be a tad bit annoying.

so Rommie and Harper are cool. and together very cute lol.

Quote Originally Posted by angsty_otaku
    the show started out with a brillant plot...which sort of spiralled into...squat. "hercules in space" >.<
    hahaha just what i thought from the start. but i kept on watching it... some episodes weren't that bad. whenever i watch Andromeda, i yell at the tv for Dylan to die, and i predict who he's gonna sleep with lol.

last night on Andromeda there was Dan Shea (Sgt. Siler) on for about... 3 or 4 minutes. he said a few things, killed some guy, got his ass kicked, took a hostage, then ran away, got shot out an airlock. he lasted longer then the last time i saw him on an episode. he was a guard in one episode and said 4 or 5 words then got his ass kicked.

also a while ago i turned on Andromeda and i saw Peter Deluise and Ann-Marie Loder together. they were playing these locals who helped them out. they were saying goodbye and Peter and Ann were all kissy and lovey dove. it was sweet.

also in the episode last night there was that guy who played that mean Jaffa who was hitting Teal'c in Redemption pt 1 or 2. or both... probably saw someone else, but i forget lol.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.

Harper is the best part of Andromeda.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Andromeda has always been kind of a take it or leave it show for me. It's one of those shows that if I'm home I'll watch it but I won't go out of my way to see it and I don't set my VCR or anything. I mostly watched it because I loved Tyr and Harper but then Try left and now there's one less reason to watch that show.

I have to make an exception to what I just wrote to say that I did go out of my way to watch the episodes that Michael Shanks, Chris Judge, and James Marsters appeared in. James Marsters...mmm...uh yeah, anyway that man even looks good with a shaved head but I digress.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    i hadn't heard about it dying now, although i know next season was to be its last anyway.

andromeda stared out horrible (the crew were so cheesy it was a relief when they were all killed off in the premiere), then got better...then once tyr left, yep it turned into hercules in space, aka that kevin sorbo adoration society.

it's become very hit and miss and, to me, much worse with tyr gone and replaced by a cheap immitation of iolaus.
    When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    When Tyr left? Try when Sorbo started calling the shots back in Season 2, my god I hate that man so much....

Well I think firing Robert Hewitt Wolfe was the first step to oblivion. The show wasn't perfect in the first season but it had some interesting supporting characters and the story arc had potential. After Wolfe left it became all about the Dylan/Sorbo. Every babe he came across fell in love with him. Tyr was wussified, Rev Bem was gone, Trance was spouting dialogue even Oma couldn't understand, Harper became babe-ogler guy, Rommie was still okay but wasn't used much. I watched the episode where Rhade was introduced (replacing Tyr) and I found him rather boring. To top it off they brought Tyr back only to turn him into a mustache-twirling villain. It was a mess.

I never watched Hercules that much but when I did Sorbo seemed perfect in that part. It amazes me how much I dislike him on Andromeda but I do.

BTW, word is that the last few episodes of season 4 are decent, getting back to the Magog/worldship story. "Symmetry of Imperfection" airs this Friday on Scifi and is supposed to be a good Rommie episode.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

sorbo is definitely not worth hating, but i used to watch teh show to watch the characters....ALL of them. now every single plot/story revolved around dylan somehow, just like it did in Hercules.

And i seem to recall back in hercules that it got old after a while, sorbo got burned out and wanted/needed time off and it was left to the supporting characters to carry the show.

I used to like bekka, but she's been turned into the stereotypical femme fatale, harper adn trance are the only things worth watching.

if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise

Earth Symbol Re: Andromeda possibly cancelled?

Andromeda was very average. Some ok episodes some good ones some bad ones. It was a right old mix.

Mostly average though.

I liked it a lot better when Rev Bem was in it...
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Quote Originally Posted by Teal'c
    If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by Aadizookaan
    If you hate him that much, you're gonna hate the character and actor playing him even more after you see the Dissonant Interval 1 - he's some sorta Oma-Like-Being. The alpha and omega of the universe you could say.
    OMG! That was my first post in the brand spankin' new forum. Hehehe. Yay me.