Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Andromeda possibly cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    if it's died, well it'll be a mercy killing for me, which is also what i say about enterprise
    That about sums it up. I still watch Andromeda because I like some of the characters (i.e. Rommie, Trace, and Rhade). But, it has turned into "Hercules in Space", and it really didn't have to. Makes me like Kevin Sorbo ever less.

So, if they cancel it, let's hope Lexa Doig can do something else...

Like guest on Stargate!!!

I don't mind seeing the show cancelled because it has be on a downward slide. It started as a show that had potential. It looked like the would take a page from SG1 and use continuity to make the show better, but instead they just dance around real continuity and only use it when it suits them.

The thing that worries me is the disturbing trend in SciFi. This will likely be the last year for Andromeda, Mutant X, Buffy, Angel, maybe Enterprise and probably only one more year of SG1.

The SciFi future is looking pretty thin. Battlestar Galactica and Atlantis are the only new shows I see coming out. I hope networks start bulking this up soon. Maybe remake some more golden oldies like Buck Rogers.

Second Lieutenant

Can't say that I am surprised if it does end up being cancelled. I actually watched an episode last week... the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...

yeah, I will admit that the women were pretty good looking but that aint enough to make even an Asgard like me (whose race hasn't gone on a date for centuries) watch that show again...

Well, at least we still got the best ships out there... and BTW, any class of our ships would destroy the Andromeda... They dont deserve another season! lol

The lower left-hand corner of the internet

I really liked Andromeda at first but lost interest after the second season. When it started showing on Sci-Fi I tried to get back into it but I'm completely lost now, so I guess I wouldn't be too sad if it got cancelled, at least I wouldn't be as upset as I was when they axed Farscape. When do you think Sci-Fi will start showing Andromeda reruns (if they haven't already?).
    Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Chief Master Sergeant JakeDeuxPointZero's Avatar

the one where a chick whose name I cant remember gets caught in a maze that surrounds a planet and cant get out while Hercules sends her a message and says something like serves you right bonehead for tricking me...
    That would be the same chick who played the woman in the season 7 ep with Jonas... strangely similar parts, although the stories were different...

Personally, I just recently started watching the new eps on SciFi (I wanted to try it out before, but could never figure out when the eps aired), and I like it. I really want them to start showing reruns soon (perhaps an Andromeda Tuesday like Stargate Monday?...) so I can catch up. Personally, I definitely don't want it to get cancelled.

Also... some people have commented on Enterprise... personally, I'm hoping SciFi will pick the show up if UPN wants to cancel it and then syndicate it like they've done with some of their other shows, too.

question for people that know about Andromeda

ok i watch andromeda every now and tehn and think its pretty cool but i dont watch it enough to know everything. so i have a question for someone that knows more. i was watching tonight and they keep talking about the crew but the only people on the ship are the main cast so what crew are they talking about?

Default Re: question for people that know about Andromeda

Whoa... I was only going to ask the EXACT SAME question eventually... really cool. As far as I can tell, they have a crew (didn't someone say more than 400?), it's just that the show focuses on the senior staff... even more so than any Trek series.

Re: question for people that know about Andromeda

see i was thinking maybe it was a production cost thing, the whole crew just happens to get locked into their cabins so you dont have to pay any extras

Default Re: question for people that know about Andromeda

Nope... I haven't seen an episode yet (I've only seen like 4, though) that shows more than a glimpse of crew... I think those two with the blond woman (see... I don't even know her name yet...) at the beginning may have been crew members.

Re: question for people that know about Andromeda

well my understand of the main cast is as follows
    Capt Dylan hunt
    Becka
    Trance(sp?)
    harper
    rahday(sp?)
    and romy
    i think there are supposed to be hundreds of others you dont see

Default Andromeda Spoiler!! Rommies fate.

Spoiler!

S

P

o

i

l

e

r

It would appear that Rommie dies first in the finale...by exploding after a hit from a Magog weapon. Becka and Harper with Ryade are killed and eaten off camera from a Magog onslaught.....and Trance does a suicide run on Andromeda and blows up the MWS....

Dylan apparently survives to reset events to bring them back next season..

At least there is a possibility of a come back.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Default Re: Andromeda Spoiler!! Rommies fate.

Uhh... I sure hope not...?

well that sucks, the worst episode in history of andromeda that would be

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    well that sucks, the worst episode in history of andromeda that would be
    I completely agree. I've seen the episode multiple times and it never made any sense.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Oh, btw, the death order is Rommie, Rhade, Beka, Harper, then Trance. Dylan survives by running into the "Route Of Ages" to meet none other than god himself ..... Captain Dylan Hunt. No, seriously, he meets himself.

Second Lieutenant

This show should just be put out of its misery... wow... bad.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Commander Thor
    This show should just be put out of its misery... wow... bad.
    I really hope the production company that funds Andromeda will works things out. Cause i don't want Andromeda to end

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer. I just recently started watching Andromeda. In the pilot Rhade is killed, how does he end up coming back, is it his ancestor or something?? Also, why the change in Trance, why is she so special (I remember something being said in the pilot, as well as her specialness being mentioned from time to time)?? Thanks.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

I believe he is Rhydes great, great, great grandson.....or relative.

BTW here is Lexa as Rommie in the finale.......she is sooo gorgeous.

Last edited by dec55; May 9th, 2004 at 06:10 PM.
    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Well, interesting, I guess if the show doesn't come back then it ends with everyone dead except Dylan. Although since it appears Beka, Harper and Rhade are killed off-camera they may not really be dead.

If Andromeda does get a fifth season they can literally remake the show into anything they want, letting Dylan change places with his self from four years ago and start over. Or they can just pick up the pieces with whoever miraculously survives and move on.

Guess they would get to pick the cast members they want to keep (if any) and jettison the rest. Although if seems like they'd have to keep Lexa, she does play the ship after all.

Went and read the detailed synopsis over at the Andromeda board

Link to the board:
    http://forums.prospero.com/ti-andromeda/

Link to the detailed spoiler:
    http://forums.prospero.com/ti-androm...es?msg=11500.6

Edited to add: Hope it's okay to link to this post. It's just a detailed synopsis of the finale of the fourth season of Andromeda.
    Last edited by Kes; May 9th, 2004 at 09:14 AM.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

umm yeah, the show started pretty good, and now it is horible, what is it with all thise unscintific future...that's lame imho...the show should be put out of it's misory