This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't the asgards hook atlantis up?

if the asgards can open a warmhole to earth as they please (as we see in "The Fifth Race" when o'neill comes back home), howcome they dont hook atlantis up with power sources like what they would use on their new home planet...

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
    to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
    its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I think the writters have never thought of that option at all ! Good point but perhaps you can explain it that Atlantis uses Lantean technology and not Asgard technology but than again we have found ways to get Earth naquadah generators to hook it up for power so the Asgard could surely do such a thing.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Plus they have Hermiod stationed at Daedalus or sometimes Atlantis. And they even provided transportation from Earth to Atlantis in Misbegotten. I say the least they could do is to provide us with an adequate power source for the shields especially.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        I think the writters have never thought of that option at all ! Good point but perhaps you can explain it that Atlantis uses Lantean technology and not Asgard technology but than again we have found ways to get Earth naquadah generators to hook it up for power so the Asgard could surely do such a thing.
        perhaps, the asgard don't wish to treat us like incompetents by continually solving our problems for us... they probably figure they'll allow us to figure out things for ourselves...

plus, they're currently trying to restart their civilization thanks to the replicators...
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I doubt the asgard are advanced enough to make zpm's. It's the difference between very advanced and extremely advanced.

Comment

Remember that the asgard can create a gate connection instantly with one of their magic stones (like thor did once, unless im getting confused with the nox?), the gate didnt even need to dial the wormhole just established. They are pretty darn advanced.
            Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by principia
              I doubt the asgard are advanced enough to make zpm's. It's the difference between very advanced and extremely advanced.

Ok why dont the Asgards help out SG-C build a power suply that could connect SG-C to Altantis ... This way if a member of SG-A has to come back to SG-C throw the STARGATE they can get back to Altantis throw the STARGATE ...

If they have a STARGATE on there home world that could travel to are galaxy that means they have a POWER SUPLY that could dail the 8 Chevron .

Comment

the sgard are smart enough to know we have to figure things like this out ourselves. If we started playing around with their power systems how do we know we wouldnt blow the place to hell? sure they'd put in safeguards but we have a habit of overriding asgard safeguards as is (transporting nukes!!!)

Comment

it was also the asgards old homeworld they connected to us through, wasnt that world destroyed by the replicators?, maybe through the rebuilding of their cities they haven't got this technology ready enough to share it with other races

Come and visit the Daniel/ Vala Forum

SAVE SG-1 CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION

Comment

For 1, because that would ruin the show and the quest for ZPM's.

And also what if the asguard power supply takes up so much resources that it's not in thei best intrest to give us such a power supply. Let alone figure out how it works or blow our selfs up trying =P

Comment

Originally posted by genome
                      sure they'd put in safeguards but we have a habit of overriding asgard safeguards as is (transporting nukes!!!)
                      we didnt overrite them... herrmiad did... im sure he would be smart enough not to override something that could blow us up

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
                      to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
                      its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The Asgard are a dying race with very limited numbers left and cannot afford to give their advantages away. Officially they gave Earth shields and beam technology in payment for their help. Unofficially Thor already gave that up to Anubis when he was being tortured and this act helped to restore balance. You start giving them advanced power supplies and the next thing you know it has been filtered through The Trust, effectively giving the technology to Baal. The next thing you know you have Goa'uld who have a better tool to further their efforts to regain power as suddenly their ships are faster than the Jaffa, their shields are better, their whatevers are more effective. Then what, the Jaffa have to be given the same thing? If that's done who's hands does it fall into then? As much as Earth has helped the Asgard they are not a united front and cannot be trusted to keep the technology they have access to out of the hands of those who would use it to do harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem
                          The Asgard are a dying race with very limited numbers left and cannot afford to give their advantages away. Officially they gave Earth shields and beam technology in payment for their help. Unofficially Thor already gave that up to Anubis when he was being tortured and this act helped to restore balance. You start giving them advanced power supplies and the next thing you know it has been filtered through The Trust, effectively giving the technology to Baal. The next thing you know you have Goa'uld who have a better tool to further their efforts to regain power as suddenly their ships are faster than the Jaffa, their shields are better, their whatevers are more effective. Then what, the Jaffa have to be given the same thing? If that's done who's hands does it fall into then? As much as Earth has helped the Asgard they are not a united front and cannot be trusted to keep the technology they have access to out of the hands of those who would use it to do harm.
                          Well said. I like clear thinking, and you've obviously thought this one out. Here's some green..!
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

another point is, you would think that the asgard would have a better understanding of ancient technoledgy, maybe even able to make a ZPM?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I'd say that between them solving their cloning problem [haven't seen S9 yet], rebuilding their civilisation and helping us by equipping our ships with some cool stuff they're a tad busy.
                              They're cool but we can't expect them to do everything for us
                              Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X