Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
    Like in Red Dwalf, in one episode you could see the TARDIS (on a Police Public call box) hidden in the corner of the hangar, in the episode "Marooned" i think.
    Where? I have rewatched that scene over and over and I just can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
      If these 2 shows were to have crossover it would very hated and I would hate it aswell personaly, whats the point of the UK having unit and torchwood when we are apart of the stargate alliance. Also on that episode of doctor with satan on, did you see the spaceship the humans had, the earths (and fighters) are more advanced then that.
      u.n.i.t. are actually international, part of the UN
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Be nice if the ship was from a parallel universe, Jathaa instead of Jaffa etc.....lol.

Parallel universes rock. Wish Doctor Who gave us as many of then as Stargate does
        "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayvorn View Post
          Be nice if the ship was from a parallel universe, Jathaa instead of Jaffa etc.....lol.

Parallel universes rock. Wish Doctor Who gave us as many of then as Stargate does
          Ugh no. Parallel universes are fun, but in limited quantity. Doctor Who has had its parallel universe story, there's no need to re-hash when there's so much else to explore.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Ugh no. Parallel universes are fun, but in limited quantity. Doctor Who has had its parallel universe story, there's no need to re-hash when there's so much else to explore.
            A shame Stargate doesn't use the same tactic...

Below the belt?
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
              A shame Stargate doesn't use the same tactic...

Below the belt?
              No, I tend to agree.....in recent seasons, Mckay and Mrs. Miller was nicely done, but Ripple Effect.....

Comment

Old thread, I know, but I wanted a place to post this idea:
                Janus is a Time Lord who gave it up and went to live with the Lantians and ascended with them.
                I think it works!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                  WARNING! SPOILERS FOR DOCTOR WHO SEASON 28 A HEAD!!!

This one's for the Brits since season 28 hasn't aired in the States yet, but in 'Army of Ghosts' and inside Torchwood, Ivon shows the Doctor a 'Jaffa SunGlider' - could this be a reference that perhaps Stargate and Doctor Who are set in the same universe?

We've seen time travel in both shows repeatedly, and clearly both shows have questioned the impossible again and again. Which raises another question; who'd win out of the Time Lords and the Ancients???

Anyway, I'm thinking how cool it would be for the TARDIS to land in the SGC (America's Torchwood, lol) and his expression to discover that we've travelled to other worlds - and would he know of the ancients and ascension?
                  I realize this is years late......

I went looking for Doctor Who references in Stargate and as I scrolled down, the amount of vitriol is rather disgusting. Crossover genre is very much a part of the multiverse regardless of material with the excteption of Twilight. Beastmaster 2 premiered within the movie itself and Marvel Comics jusmped its own genre by having Kirk and Picard's crews meet the X-Men.

While live action crossovers will never happen, fan films have cracked barriers. Not too long ago, a Doctor Who/Torchwood (future)/Aliens crossover was made. Before that, guessing sometime in the late 90s or very early 2000s, Doctor Who fans did a short series using the Meddling Monk, The Rani and The Master. The Rani's device brought a Galaxy Class minus the saucer section to 20th or 21st Earth.

Some fans are purists and nothing must ever breach the dimensional barriers surrounding that perception. For myself, somethings should never cross such as Hello Kitty and Cthulhu, but it happened and it was SCARY. Cthulhu with ribbons in its tentacles.

As I depart here, anyone who has ever been to a comic-con knows darn well anything is probable.

Comment

My original post seems to have vanished in the ether hopped aboard the TARDIS, landed on Atlantis, fell through a crack to Middle Earth before laughing evilly alongside Thulsa Doom. Anyway, the idea of crossing universes is good if not funny sometimes. What has always perplexed me over the decades are the purists who cannot perceive television series crossing over let alone different genres. Yes ago, a spoof comic book, Elf Trek, parodied Star Trek, Elf Quest and the X-Men.

Hope all has gone well over the past nine years!

Comment

Here's my shot:

The TARDIS arrives on the Wraith Superhive that is attacking Earth. The Doctor is about to step out and negotiate when he notices that Atlantis is outside, fighting the ship he's parked in.

Intrigued, he flies the TARDIS out manually as the Superhive explodes from drones and parks himself on Atlantis as it descends into San Francisco bay.

The Doctor then meets Woolsey and makes a joke about thinking he was a medical hologram he once met. Teyla and Ronan then hitch a ride with The Doctor as his new companions as Earth sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf View Post
                        Here's my shot:

The TARDIS arrives on the Wraith Superhive that is attacking Earth. The Doctor is about to step out and negotiate when he notices that Atlantis is outside, fighting the ship he's parked in.

Intrigued, he flies the TARDIS out manually as the Superhive explodes from drones and parks himself on Atlantis as it descends into San Francisco bay.

The Doctor then meets Woolsey and makes a joke about thinking he was a medical hologram he once met. Teyla and Ronan then hitch a ride with The Doctor as his new companions as Earth sucks.

I like this idea a lot.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

But hang on there was a BSG Viper next to the TARDIS in that episode when they were in Torchwood. How did they get hold of a Colonial Viper? Where did Torchwood find that?

Oh and what about crossovers?

Would you like to see Doctor Who crossover with another show, and if you did which show would it be?

For me it would or could be Sherlock. There is already a fantastic video made by a fan on youtube called "Wholock"

Though I'd also like to see it cross over with The Librarians..... I think they'd make a perfect fit.

Anyway join in with your ideas.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X