The Ori vs The Borg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    Not really. We lowly humans was able to incapacitate a Prior, I'm sure the Borg can.

Then in goes the nanoprobes, and any power that the Ori had in our reality will soon be history.

And then the Ori wipes the Borg out with their minds.
    Not if the borg ascend

then resistence really would be futile for everyone
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

hehe - actually if the borg ascended they wouldn't need to assimilate any more races since they'll have acquired "supreme" knowledge, which seems to be their prime directive...so chances are they'd actually leave the mortals alone :|

Comment

Methinks the Ori would win cuz they could probably find a way to mess around with the Borg making it impossible for them to assimilate their followers. (I doubt the Borg would be able to assimilate energy beings. )

And you know, if anything, I think it'd be more fair to compare the Borg against the Replicators or those ones from Atlantis. Yeah, the Borg have organic parts to them but they are so SO robotic in nature.
        :3!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
          hehe - actually if the borg ascended they wouldn't need to assimilate any more races since they'll have acquired "supreme" knowledge, which seems to be their prime directive...so chances are they'd actually leave the mortals alone :|
          Lo they'd be peacefull...but ascention doesn't give you all knowledge, though i have a vivid image of a borg trying to asimilate an ascended ancient...

"we are the borg resistence is futile..."
          "...peaceful coexistence is the path to true enlightenment"
          "prepare to be assimilated..."

'puff'

borg turns into pure light and ascends to pick daisys on the higher plains of exsistence
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

if the borg & replicators are equivalent tech-wise (a reasonable assumption, IMO) then the borg would surely be scr*wed

Replicators were shown to be more advanced than any other race except the ancients. They've repeatedly adapted to Goauld & even Asgard tech, yet they were completely unable to adapt to the Ancient anti-replicator disruptor and had to trick SG1 into revealing the data so they could make the appropriate self-modifications

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
              Lo they'd be peacefull...but ascention doesn't give you all knowledge, though i have a vivid image of a borg trying to asimilate an ascended ancient...

"we are the borg resistence is futile..."
              "...peaceful coexistence is the path to true enlightenment"
              "prepare to be assimilated..."

'puff'

borg turns into pure light and ascends to pick daisys on the higher plains of exsistence

we are the borg
              we do not interfere
              insistence is futile

They'd leave us alone -)

Comment

I agree though that ascension does not grant "total" knowledge otherwise they'd be fully indestructible and Merlin's weapon would be useless (although we still don't know if the weapon truly kills them)

Comment

we are the borg
                  we do not interfere
                  insistence is futile

They'd leave us alone -)
                  lol yeah thats much better....

the borg have more ships and can adapt far faster than the ori if they'd even need to...ori get blown to atoms...

Comment

Ignoring the way that Voyager destroyed the Borg mythos (so just taking TNG into account) I'd say that the Boyg would defeat the Ori. If the Ori really are dependent on their followers' worship for their power, then presumably the more people the Borg assimilate the weaker the Ori become.

Though it's also possible that the assimilation of a follower or a prior, and the introduction of 'Origin' could have major consequences for the Borg collective.

Comment

I very much doubt a religion (Origin) will affect the Borg.

Comment

The Borg. Those ingenious folk will do whatever it takes to meet their goals...or wait, are those Slytherins.

http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I'm still unsure - probably the Borg, but then again are we talking the scary Borg from The Next Generation or the wussy Borg from Voyager - coz if so The Ori would eat them......whole.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think the that the Ori will win. Not only will they win but they will dominate the the Borg collective. The ramifictions are staggering. The Ori will no longer need the the belief of ORIGIN, because they will have billions upon billions of follwers who will be forced to accept them as gods. Priors will be able to assimilate from a distance taking control of whole fleets and commanding them to come to the borg. the ONLY defence would be the assistance of the Ancients. Merlin was able to shield Daniel Jackson's mind from Adria, So i belive that the Ancients might be able to collectively protect the free peoples of the galaxy. However I don't see an effective OFFENSE. the Ark of Truth would be ineffective. So i don't Know what would haapen after that. This new collective of Borg and Ori would be called.... the ORG

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_KRAZY View Post
                              The borg would wipe out the ori. There are millions of borg cubes out there they would adapt shields and wipe them out. Sg1 will eventually wipe out the ori.
                              I agree.....the Borg would definitely win.

Comment

imo the borg would pile thousands upon thousands of drones onto a prior until they figured out how to overcome the psionics

then what? psionic borg?

[shivvers]
                                And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Working...
                                X