This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone storage capacity for Ancient outposts, cities, and ships

Has it ever been stated how many drones an Ancient instellation can hold?

We've seen them fire thousands of drones at Anubis's fleet (Lost City)

How many drones do you think an outpost, or Atlantis, or an 'Aurora' class ancient warship could hold?
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Originally posted by Battera
    Has it ever been stated how many drones an Ancient instellation can hold?

We've seen them fire thousands of drones at Anubis's fleet (Lost City)

How many drones do you think an outpost, or Atlantis, or an 'Aurora' class ancient warship could hold?
    I would have to say that Outposts would hold maybe 10's of thousands, Aurora class warships would hold maybe around the same amount as the outposts. But the city ships could probably hold somewhere around 200,000 maybe.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

At least one, maybe 100s of thousands. ~~~~
      Matthew
      Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

I think Its actually less than we all think.
        I would say the Outposts have 15-20k
        Cityships have about 10k and Aurora's about 3k

We saw how much space they took up in the Tower and you cant store that many on a ship of any size, the outposts can because they have a whole planet to dig out for storage.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I think it's hard to say because the ones in The Lost City seemed smaller to me and also did no really have the same effect as the drones in atlantis. (Agains the Kull warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            I think Its actually less than we all think.
            I would say the Outposts have 15-20k
            Cityships have about 10k and Aurora's about 3k

We saw how much space they took up in the Tower and you cant store that many on a ship of any size, the outposts can because they have a whole planet to dig out for storage.
            Why the hell would an Outpost have 15-20k if the Cityships have 10k? The outposts come from the cityships. There are three drone release points in the city. You would think they each have their own supply of drones and do not all draw from the same supply room.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

I think outposts have alot more than aurora class ships but not as many as a city ship. City ships are the main base for ancients so it seems reasinable they'd have the most drones.

Comment

They all have millions at their disposal, you think the ancients would have thousands, that is not enough. Millions is prepared.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

FM the outposts are like landing pads for the city ships, you can see that clearly in rising, so the drone supply of the outpost does not on any level come from the city ship.
                  Each drone port probely does have its own silo, which means the would take up more space and the drone would have to be seperated between the ports.

(going to a new thread! to rant about the ancients.)
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

I would say the outposts and cityships would have thousands more than the warships. Why? Because thats where they would go to resupply. The cityship would obviously have more than the outposts and would most likely have huge production facilities. The city ships would most likely supply the outposts with drones through the stargate, as the warships cannot travel through stargates (or have them on board) then they would need to travel to the nearest outpost or city ship to resupply at the end of a battle.

Charlie

Comment

will drons go both way through the shield for Atlantis and how many in the PJ
                      :bratac: vs

Comment

Other way round, the outpost supply the cityships, because the cityship can move and land on them, resupply and then fly off. The outposts are fixed and stationary so would need a larger permentant supply because they have only got one source, their own. Each cityship can resupply at many outposts but the outpost cannot supply atall, only build.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Could everyone stop assuming there built?

We know the Asgard posseses technolog to synthasize things so its likely that the Ancients possesses similar technology.

Manually building thousands of drones would be a tedious job, if you are going to build weapons you want to be able to reporduce them efficentley, sythansizing them is probably the most efficent production method.
                          Matthew
                          Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

I would assume that the city ships would have the largest amount of drones. Probably in the region of 500'000 drones. The outposts would probably have the same amount (to protect an entire planet may require more) and the ships probably carry tens of thousands - say 30 or 40 thousand.

I don't think the outposts re-stock city ships (or vice versa) because drones are small and can be transmitted (rings, transporters etc). They are also flyable and can probably automatically transfer themselves from one drone silo to another. It would be a waste of ZPM energy to land an entire city just to transfer drone stocks.

I personally favour the ability to create drones on-the-fly by synthesizing them and then the drones transferring themselves to another drone silo by flight (either through an atmosphere, through a stargate, through rings, transporters etc). If this is right, it would make sense that there is a drone factory out there somewhere which could automatically re-stock Atlantis using the stargate. The drones would be manufactured, flown through the gate, and automatically landed, stored and queued in the appropriate silo waiting to be used.

Also in Rising pt1, we also see that a drone can momentarily hover (when it reaches the hole, it hovers looks up and continues up the hole). It would be fair to assume that the drones can hover and move around at slower speeds as needed and thus automatically stock themselves in a drone silo. It would also make sense for the silo's to have their own drone storage racks that are automated - To move the drones to the launch hole to launch each wave of drones.

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

The Ancients could make drones whenever they needed them. It would stand to reason that the cities would have much more than either the ships or outpost. Just in terms of storage space the cities could hold more. The city also probably has some type of production place built into it so they can be mass produced. The Ancients were fighting for Atlantis survival. They would need millions

Comment

Working...
                              X