This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see a prequel episode

I think they should do a before/ flashback episode about the Alterra and the Ori before their split. They should focus on the religious split of those peoples. We should see the origin of this war. They really haven't went into why they split or why they are fighting. Just that it had to do with religion. What did the planet of the Ancients/Ori look like before the split. Their is some ancient tech laying around there before the split.

I would like to see a prequel like episode(s) to help explain both races and their worship or else vs a non interefence.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Originally posted by jash
    I think they should do a before/ flashback episode about the Alterra and the Ori before their split. They should focus on the religious split of those peoples. We should see the origin of this war. They really haven't went into why they split or why they are fighting. Just that it had to do with religion. What did the planet of the Ancients/Ori look like before the split. Their is some ancient tech laying around there before the split.

I would like to see a prequel like episode(s) to help explain both races and their worship or else vs a non interefence.
    I dont, I love the mystery - not everythng should be explained in the SG universe.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Would be good if it was a mini series.

Comment

I think a story detailing the split would likely require at least a couple of seasons to fully flesh out, with the first season focusing solely on exposition.

Comment

Miniseries!!!!!!!!!!!!
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I really like the mystery of the Ori. However more stargate seasons is always a good idea!

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Be careful when asking for prequels.

You might just get them.
              Last edited by Bragi; 15 August 2006, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I think it's a lot more fun to speculate about what could have happened, being offered hints by the writers throughout various seasons.

The ability to come to this forum and talk about the mysteries of the stargate universe is one of the reasons the show appeals to me so much
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

A Perquel Episode would be nice , but at the sametime you dont want to give out too much info at once ...

Maybe if they Canned the show ( Say Season 15 ) LOL . They could pick up a new series , a Series of Stargate : Ancients ... Where they take on the life of the Ancients ...

Season one would be about there life before they came to the Mily Way Galaxy ... There conflict with there own kind ( The Ori ) and take it from there ... If it last a few seasons it could take us to when the went to the Pegasus back to the Milky Way and from there to there Ascention .

Comment

Although it would be great, the mystery surrounding the Alterans (Ori/Ancients) makes for interesting and riveting viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                      Be careful well asking for prequels.

You might just get them.
                      OMG! What is it with the prequel doo-doo?!?! Hasn't everyone learned that prequels are a bad thing? They never hold up to the original. Ok, you the thread starter, are asking for a prequel? Think Star Wars. Look how bad those were. Though commercially successful, a LOT of people were VERY disappointed because they were not even close to the quality of the originals. Now, wold you want that to happen to the SG series? I think not. A flashback within a episode would work fine. Or you could have Daniel have flashes of what he knows about it. He does still have some ancient knowledge, he could be the "narrator" telling us about it, like after getting knocked on the head or something. But PLEASE OH PLEASE, NO MORE PREQUEL doo-doo!!!!!!

It's better to leave some questions unanswered!!!
                      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                        OMG! What is it with the prequel doo-doo?!?! Hasn't everyone learned that prequels are a bad thing? They never hold up to the original. Ok, you the thread starter, are asking for a prequel? Think Star Wars. Look how bad those were. Though commercially successful, a LOT of people were VERY disappointed because they were not even close to the quality of the originals. Now, wold you want that to happen to the SG series? I think not. A flashback within a episode would work fine. Or you could have Daniel have flashes of what he knows about it. He does still have some ancient knowledge, he could be the "narrator" telling us about it, like after getting knocked on the head or something. But PLEASE OH PLEASE, NO MORE PREQUEL doo-doo!!!!!!

It's better to leave some questions unanswered!!!
                        Yeah i agree that STARGATE should have some Questions un-answered , but there is alot of questions that should be answered ...

A Prequel of SG would be great if they set it up right , and that means setting it up with the Ancients and there great Alliance they had with the Asgards , Furlings and Noxs ... to maybe the down fall of this great Alliance ...

Making it more of a SHOW where there isnt jsut 4 main Characters , to something like 12 to 15 Main Characters .. They could even set it up like how babylon 5 was , but on a bigger scale .

I dont think they should do a series like this tell STARGATE SG-1 and STARGATE Altantis is over ... Maybe even putting a twist in it having Daniel some how travel back in time , and have no way back ... Become one of the Ancients himself ..

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                          Yeah i agree that STARGATE should have some Questions un-answered , but there is alot of questions that should be answered ...

A Prequel of SG would be great if they set it up right , and that means setting it up with the Ancients and there great Alliance they had with the Asgards , Furlings and Noxs ... to maybe the down fall of this great Alliance ...

Making it more of a SHOW where there isnt jsut 4 main Characters , to something like 12 to 15 Main Characters .. They could even set it up like how babylon 5 was , but on a bigger scale .

I dont think they should do a series like this tell STARGATE SG-1 and STARGATE Altantis is over ... Maybe even putting a twist in it having Daniel some how travel back in time , and have no way back ... Become one of the Ancients himself ..
                          uhhh, Babylon 5 is not a good example to use. That show was hideous! And prequels are just bad news to begin with. If they did a prequel it would destroy any chance of there ever being another spin off. And now you've thrown in time travel, yet another bad idea. People are sick of the time travel thing.

No offence, but you had 3 bad ideas as a premise for this show: Prequel, Baylon 5, and time travel. Plus you add in the fact that the Ancients were a dry and boring race, and it's a nightmare. There should NOT be a prequel. Any information about the Ancients and the Great Alliance should come from humans finding it out. And not everything should be revealed. The fact that you said "it would be great if they set it up right" says that it would only work if it was set up right, and that it would be really hard to do that. A Prequel would NEVER work. Let it go, it's a BAD idea.
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                          X