Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dalek Stupidy??? (Spoilers from Doomsday)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalek Stupidy??? (Spoilers from Doomsday)

Whilst watching Doomsday, I noticed the Daleks completely ignore the Doctor after the Genesis Ark was 'primed', and were distracted by the swarm of Daleks flying forth from the prison ship.
    I thought that it was very stupid of them to ignore 'The Oncoming Storm' considering all of the trouble he's caused them in the past - why didn't they simply exterminate him when they had the chance?

Because they're STOOPID!

They hid in the void for thousands of years waiting for the right time to strike, and should've known very well that if the void happened to be opened whilst they were outside they would've been sucked back in, along with the cybermen.

That's Dalek stupidy at its hype - Davros is probably spinning in his.....chair thingy.

The point still stands though...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Well, taking the writer out of the equation (somehow), I guess the Daleks were a bit too overconfident. They probably figured they had all the time in the world to eliminate the Doctor since there were thousands of them. It's a case of classic textbook villain ... downfall ... thing.

I still wonder how they managed to construct the Void Ship, actually.

And you know, the name Genesis Ark is so cool but it turned out sort of lame.

Genesis of the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaleks~~~
    Last edited by nunuu; 15 August 2006, 01:32 PM.
    :3!

Comment

Originally posted by nunuu
      Well, taking the writer out of the equation (somehow), I guess the Daleks were a bit too overconfident. They probably figured they had all the time in the world to eliminate the Doctor since there were thousands of them. It's a case of classic textbook villain ... downfall ... thing.

I still wonder how they managed to construct the Void Ship, actually.

And you know, the name Genesis Ark is so cool but it turned out sort of lame.

Genesis of the Daaaaaaaaaaaaaleks~~~
      They probably stole the Void ship just like they stole the Genesis Ark from the Time Lords.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

The Daleks did send a squad of daleks to sort the doctor out when they realised he was up to something. it was just to late.
        Hola

Hello

Comment

To be fair the squad they did send hovered outside the windows for a mighty long time.

Perhaps hoping to intimidate with the size of there plungers?

My serious opinion is that Russel T. Davis (who penned the episode) writes some damn good action and adventure, but most of the time the story in which said action and adventure takes place is questionable at best.

Comment

Like the Goa'uld (and many millions of villains before and since, no doubt), the Daleks main weakness does seem to be their arrogance. So I guess you could say it defeated them once again.

Although, it is slightly odd, given their response when Rose identifies the Doctor for them. They were definitely worried then. So you'd think they'd be keeping a sharp eye on him. But then they never seem too concerned to eliminate the Doctor, which is danged odd, given their history. If it were me, I'd be blasting the bugger to hell soon as I set eyes on him.

I just love that moment btw, when Rose tells them it's the Doctor and the two Daleks roll sharply backwards in shock. You can almost hear the horrified gasp of breath. ROTFL! And Rose's dialogue there - about 5 million Cyberman, one Doctor and "Now you're scared." - is hilarious.

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

The Daleks were scared the doctor would kill them BEFORE reinforcments
              but after, they are un-beatable. well sort of
              Hola

Hello

Comment

wow this forum is bristleing with activity

agreed. i guess they didnt consider him as a high priority compared to their "pest control". and of course thier is the whole "the doctor isnt supposed to die situation in the show". their are always plot holes somwhere, all we can do is just deal with them, as long they arent too massive
                anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Their is always a way to eleminatre a plot hole, if the writer thought the situation/

Simple solution would of been to of had the british militatry equip with lasers weapons or particle guns hold the daleks off, why the doctor came up witht he plan to destroy the darleks, some may of question where got such powerful weapons from that could been left open for a other episode.

A other solution of been for them to use a captured space craft to shoot down some the darleks.

Infact their quite a few solution which woudl solve the problem. That one thing that annoy about these shows is when their a simple to way to solve a plot hole and the writer do not use it.

Comment

sorry to sound rude but its spelled and prenounced "Dalek" (Dah-lek)

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

The Daleks can be somewhat dim bulbs at times. Look how long it took them to figure out how to climb stairs...

Albion, good point about their arrogance getting the better of them. I got a good chuckle from this scene: (I may be misquoting here)

Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?
                      Dalek: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek.

Who knew either Daleks or Cybermen had that much testosterone??
                      I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

they were climbing stairs a few months before i was born, they were climbing stairs in october 1988, so it only took them 25 years to learn.
                        Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303 View Post
                          they were climbing stairs a few months before i was born, they were climbing stairs in october 1988, so it only took them 25 years to learn.
                          But they didn't learn. The thing is that he's the Doctor and he's foiled their plans at every turn, they should've just killed him when he walked in to save Rose and Mickey.

sigpic

Comment

One thing to remember here (and i apologize if this has been pointed out already), but it is an advantage for the Daleks to keep the Doctor alive as they are aware of his current form. Because they did not recognise him at the start, they were not on their guard.
                            Their priority was to open the genesis ark because they would have known that rushing in there to attack the Doctor would most likely have resulted in their deaths and the Ark would never have been opened.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                            Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

They didnt get the Void ship from the Time Lords as during that ep the Dr admits they didnt have the tech for it and it was all theories

Comment

Working...
                              X