This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why delete all reference to them?

I considered this carefully and it still makes no sense. The ancients were about acquiring knowledge and preserving it not about censorship of knowledge. Plus we know the knowledge still exists in the Ancient Repositories of Knowledge because O'Neill fashioned a replicator disassembler from that knowledge.

So why delete all reference to them in the Atlantis datasbases?

Did the Asuras ancients just not share their knowledge with the Lantean Ancients??? It makes no sense.

Originally posted by principia
    I considered this carefully and it still makes no sense. The ancients were about acquiring knowledge and preserving it not about censorship of knowledge. Plus we know the knowledge still exists in the Ancient Repositories of Knowledge because O'Neill fashioned a replicator disassembler from that knowledge.

Did the Asuras ancients just not share their knowledge with the Lantean Ancients??? It makes no sense.
    Because the Ancients couldn't admit they'd failed at something.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Because the Ancients couldn't admit they'd failed at something.
      to be honest the ancients seem the kind to be honest with themselves.

Comment

I think it was the Ausrans that deleted all of that KNOWLEDGE , There must have been a way to kill of destroy the Ausrans in that data base that they didnt want anyone else to learn about ...

The Ancient Repositories could have been made after the Ancients came back to the Milky Way Galaxy , and would have had the info about the replicator disassembler couse of Reese and the TOYS she was building ...

Also The Ancient Repositories could have been made during the time Reese was just built , and her Creater would have put all his info about her and what she was abotu , Or would have had is mind downloaded in to there with all that info about all the replicators ...

The replicators in the Pegasus Galaxy might be built on a more advance technology and the replicator disassemblers might not work on them the same way they work on the ones in the Milky Way Galaxy ..

Comment

Plus we know the knowledge still exists in the Ancient Repositories of Knowledge because O'Neill fashioned a replicator disassembler from that knowledge.
          O’Neill may have simply built the disrupter weapon by using the general knowledge of the Ancients, not necessarily by using knowledge specifically pertaining to the Replicators or Asurans. The Ancients were pretty smart people, and they probably could have came up with a similar weapon capable of destroying the Replicators even if they knew nothing about them. So there may be no such knowledge in the Ancient Repository.

Comment

The Asurans didn't have the opportunity to delete the knowledge. It had to be the Ancient's, unless an Asuran returned to Atlantis while Asurus was being attacked, that would mean that all of the Ancient's had left which I doubt. But, it could have been a virus which I also doubt. It was the Ancient's.

Comment

I took their action to just be one of protection and not of censorship. Maybe the Altlantians thought that the Asurians were a threat but since they created them they would not kill them (or did not have time because of the war with the Wraith) but if for some reason they returned to Atlantis, or someone else did, by deleting the information it reduced the threat of the Asurians by theoretically preventing anyone from returning to that planet.
              Weir: He's just a boy!
              Jinto: I am Jinto.
              Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Comment

I actualy thought the reason they couldnt find them in the database was because they werent exactly called the Asurans 10,000 years ago.

Comment

They wanted to be perfect, the fact that they had made a horrible mistake angered them in a way. Like Daniel said, Ascension does not make a person all knowing. The Ancients aren't as perfect as they want to make people think. Even they are fallible.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I'm curious, did they ask the hologram? what the asurans were
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                      I'm curious, did they ask the hologram? what the asurans were
                      Since they deleted all reference of them, how would the hologram know?
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                        Like what someone else said , What if there looking for the WRONG word ... Maybe the Ancients had it under something else ... Would make sense , they would be able to find anything on them if they didnt know the right words to call them ..

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          well, the hologram would be able to.. well idk.. maybe find a hidden refrence... she probably had journals loaded onto her... hell maybe morgans back lol
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well so far we only know the Asuran's side of the story or at least part of the Asuran's story. We don't know what the Ancients thought of the Asurans. The Hot Zone virus was probably created by the Asurans so maybe they started the conflict with the Ancients.

Comment

Blah blah blah blah blah we don't know history blah blah blah blah blah

Stick to the point of this thread.

Doesn't matter if we have a biased view. The fact of the matter is.. teh ancients still deleted references to the replicators in the database. They didn't have to know what the ancients called teh replicators... Rodney had an entry in the database that said "it was an outpost where they conducted research, which was completed". From there, he was unable to specify what kind of reseach. Ergo, the data was deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X