Clear All

Why delete all reference to them?
    Count Dooku deleted it

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
      I'm curious, did they ask the hologram? what the asurans were
      Spoiler:
      Hologram? What Hologram?

The Ancients pulled Morgan la Faye back into their plane of existance and Atlantis no longer has a hologram.

Comment

Originally posted by Barca
        Spoiler:
        Hologram? What Hologram?

The Ancients pulled Morgan la Faye back into their plane of existance and Atlantis no longer has a hologram.
        Spoiler:
        Morgan only posed as the hologram while Sg1 was there. There is a normal hologram in Atlantis every day.

Comment

The project that lead to the evolution of the Assurans was a top secret project during a time of war, it would not be in the ancient database because the database is sort of like their version of wikipedia or the encyclopedia. All the data it contains is common knowledge. The experiment in Trinity wasn't mentioned in the database either. Its possible that only high ranking council members or the military high command would have been permited to access those files. If it is on Atlantis the data is probably buried in the records of the high council on a hidden database somewhere in the city.
          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

cite sources of assumptions, please.

Comment

The Ancients are ascended but while they were lantians, they were still "human" are not perfect. Do you know how much our own government covers things up? Even our history books have big holes in them and unless you take the right class in college, 90% of people don't know the truth and we're talking about the USA, the home of the free. So yes, people cover up their mistakes.

And two it might also be just for safety. Many countries today know the dangers of the Atomic bomb, do they still seek to build it? You mention these machines and desperate societies with access to this knowledge and threatened by the Wraith will attempt to recreate it regardless of the risk. Look at the Genii, who disregard their people dying from radiation or the people who made the drug which made them indigestable to the Wraith but would lose half their population. These people would NOT hesitate to recreate the Asurans if they had access to the data or knew it was possible to create such weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                Well so far we only know the Asuran's side of the story or at least part of the Asuran's story. We don't know what the Ancients thought of the Asurans. The Hot Zone virus was probably created by the Asurans so maybe they started the conflict with the Ancients.
                The Asurans are the Hot zone virus the ancients were the ones who created the virus which then evolved into the asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by sirevil
                  The Asurans are the Hot zone virus the ancients were the ones who created the virus which then evolved into the asurans.
                  nooooooo..... theyve already said the Asurans created the hotzone virus... atleast Mckay said they may have... So how could thye create themselves? Razor theory...You have a race of replicators who wish to destroy the ancients because they were betrayed by them for a disagreement, but they still imitate them. A Virus was found in Atlantis that looked of ancient design... Theory A the Replicators(Asurans) created the Virus and that was the disagreement, theory B the Ancients created a virus to wipe out all of which they created and it evolved into a replicator so the Ancients wiped themout for a random disagreemnt.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                    I considered this carefully and it still makes no sense. The ancients were about acquiring knowledge and preserving it not about censorship of knowledge. Plus we know the knowledge still exists in the Ancient Repositories of Knowledge because O'Neill fashioned a replicator disassembler from that knowledge.

So why delete all reference to them in the Atlantis datasbases?

Did the Asuras ancients just not share their knowledge with the Lantean Ancients??? It makes no sense.
                    I am kind of hoping that the information wasn't really deleted, just buried somewhere and Zelenka and McKay can't access it; not yet anyway. Sometimes the show makes it too easy for them to find information.
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

This is the virus that became the Asurans.
                      Spoiler:

This is the "Hot Zone," virus.
                      Spoiler:

They look the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                        to be honest the ancients seem the kind to be honest with themselves.
                        Yeah, but the hologram in 'Rising' stated that some of the ancients beleived that their own kind would return some day. Perhaps they didn't want them - us - to know how badly they'd screwed up!
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                          Blah blah blah blah blah we don't know history blah blah blah blah blah

Stick to the point of this thread.

Doesn't matter if we have a biased view. The fact of the matter is.. teh ancients still deleted references to the replicators in the database. They didn't have to know what the ancients called teh replicators... Rodney had an entry in the database that said "it was an outpost where they conducted research, which was completed". From there, he was unable to specify what kind of reseach. Ergo, the data was deleted.
                          The point of the thread is to determine why the data was erased. If we don't know what really happened between the Ancients and the Asurans then we won't know why the data was deleted. We don't even know if it was in fact the Ancients who deleted the data. If the Asurans attacked the Ancients first or if they were able to fight back, they could have tried to wipe the Ancient database.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            This is the virus that became the Asurans.
                            Spoiler:

This is the "Hot Zone," virus.
                            Spoiler:

They look the same to me.
                            But to me that just makes it more likely that the Asurans created the virus. They were programmed to find any means necessary to stop the Wraith. They were made to be highly aggressive. Logically, the best/easiest/least risky way to kill the Wraith is to remove their food source and let them starve - that's just the type of thinking a naturally violent machine would have. It seems far more likely that they made this virus (who better to manipulate nanities than the people made of them?) and the Ancients thought 'hang on a mo, that's not quite what we meant', realised how dangerous a mistake they'd made and tried to wipe them out before they lost control.

As for why the Ancients removed reference to them, perhaps they did so before they left Atlantis. Maybe they removed reference to any dangerous or failed experiments (such as the Asurans and the project in Trinity) so as to prevent other species from later finding it and either hurting themselves or potentially hurting others. They just decided that knowledge was too dangerous to survive.
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                              Blah blah blah blah blah we don't know history blah blah blah blah blah

Stick to the point of this thread.

Doesn't matter if we have a biased view. The fact of the matter is.. teh ancients still deleted references to the replicators in the database. They didn't have to know what the ancients called teh replicators... Rodney had an entry in the database that said "it was an outpost where they conducted research, which was completed". From there, he was unable to specify what kind of reseach. Ergo, the data was deleted.
                              Awwwww but don't you see, something just doesn't make since here. The Ancients were not a race of people who were accustomed to getting rid of info, especially if it was information on a weapon to use against an enemy. And if they really wanted to get rid of and hide everything, do you actually think they would go as far as bombarding the planet- obvisously trying to wipe out the Asurans- and then go into the database, selectively delete out the information they didn't want other eyes to see? Yet they just happen to leave that there actually was a planet out there were they were conducting an experiment, it had been completed and the address????? If you were really serious about trying to cover your tracts about a terribly failed experiment, you would delete, destroy, and simply try to eradicate- to the best of your ability-all knowledge on the subject.... not leave enough info entact for someone to come along and be able to trace your foot steps.

If the Ancients were serious about wanting to hide their mistake, why would they leave the gate address in the database to where this event took place? I would think they would try to erase it or at lease block it.

Comment

Originally posted by sirevil
                                Originally posted by Metonic
                                nooooooo..... theyve already said the Asurans created the hotzone virus... atleast Mckay said they may have... So how could thye create themselves? Razor theory...You have a race of replicators who wish to destroy the ancients because they were betrayed by them for a disagreement, but they still imitate them. A Virus was found in Atlantis that looked of ancient design... Theory A the Replicators(Asurans) created the Virus and that was the disagreement, theory B the Ancients created a virus to wipe out all of which they created and it evolved into a replicator so the Ancients wiped themout for a random disagreemnt.
                                Actually, IIRC, the PTB has called the Asurans (back when they didn't tell us their name) were the creators of the Hot Zone virus.

Also, although those nanites look similar, one is read and the other is blue and one has the triangle pointing downwards while the other has it pointing upwards. It's differences like that that make us look and act completely different from chimpanzees.

Comment

Working...
                                X