Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

I liked the movie, too. It´s just not fair, imo, that some people have so many issues with Enterprise, where they tried something new as well, but accepted the movie. Enterprise had its problem and I understand why someone didn´t like it (back in 2000s) but they tried to change something, too.

That´s what I meant with the Ferengi - they met Starfleet ship (Enterprise), never introduced themseleves, maybe even later knew about the Federation but Starfleet didn´t know about them because Ferengi didn´t want the Federation to know. (if it makes sense at all )
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2...user6gpaw9.gif

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Lieutenant Colonel

It was only the Trekkie fanboyz with internet access who whined about Enterprise. The issue was that the show was a prequel, but one that took liberties in favor of telling interesting stories. The 2009 movie had a better reception, because it was a reboot instead of a prequel. There wasn't anything to be consistent with.

I guess you are right with that reboot thing
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2...user6gpaw9.gif

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Default Re: Pro Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Oh yeah, I agree that it was a great concept, but the execution was appalling- it would have been a great idea for a mid-season ep, even with Riker and Troi still in it, but yes, everyone was just so out of character, and it was a miserable idea for a finale, I don't know what they thought they were doing, and obviously they didn't either.....

Novelty episodes DO NOT make good finales.

And it's a shame, because if it had been better executed the basic premise would have made a great mid season ep.
    Yeah the execution of the finale left much to be desired. However I'm not sure if I would rank it as appalling as....say...the plot device of "Let's unrealistically trash a Galaxy-class starship with a nearly 100-year-old Klingon BoP that realistically should've been obliterated in a few shots, despite its shields being up and despite the Enterprise-D'S shield's being effectively neutralized"