No announcement yet.

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss seeing new episodes of this series. It had so much potential, judging from season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      You're going to love season three MB.Eddie. The first half is a bit slow (having a couple of very weak slightly more stand alone eps), but by the mid-point, wow, some great stuff happens.
      Finished watching season 3 last night.

How bloody good is this show? Amazing stuff. That whole Zindi story line, 24 ep season was fantastic.

This season was full of so much action. All the characters continued to develop. Archer certainly became so much more of a Captain, and had to make so many tough calls. This season was so much Darker than most Trek ive seen, and thus it felt more real.

This show is right up there with my all time favourites now, and i havnt even watched season 4 yet
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
        Finished watching season 3 last night.

How bloody good is this show? Amazing stuff. That whole Zindi story line, 24 ep season was fantastic.

This season was full of so much action. All the characters continued to develop. Archer certainly became so much more of a Captain, and had to make so many tough calls. This season was so much Darker than most Trek ive seen, and thus it felt more real.

This show is right up there with my all time favourites now, and i havnt even watched season 4 yet
        Glad you liked it! Personally, I loved seeing the Enterprise get its butt kicked a few times and have to limp along. Tough ship. And I really liked Degra- Randy Oglesby did such a wonderful job, as did the actor who played the other xindi humanoid- Tucker Smallwood I think it was.

Comment

I also forgot to add that the inclusion of Steven Culp as Major Hayes and the rest of the M.A.C.O's was also very good. They played an important role, and it was good to see that it wasnt left up to Star Fleet.

And as Trek_Girl42 said, it was nice to see that Enterprise got a beating several times. Helped make it feel more real than most Trek.

The Spheres and the expanse were also a good idea.

Now im going to start watching season 4
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
            Now im going to start watching season 4
            Lucky to be watching it for the first time! Let us know what you think!

They did some experiments with the ways to tell stories in season three, it's a shame it was cancelled when it was, as they were just hitting their stride on making three-parters, which I think is a great formula for Trek.

Comment

I loved season 3 and 4 but I did find the 3 part episodes a little anoying at times, the story would drag and my concentration would drift a bit at times more so in the "Andorian" arc, Of course it was great to see the Romulans and of course a little homage to "Startrek Nemisis" with the Reman's in the episodes for a few shots, only a true fan would notice and go "Oh yeah look there the Reman's from the movie!"

I always thought a season 5 would have just been so much better and built upon the excellence of seasons 3 and 4 that we the fans truely did miss out when it came to the character developments that could have spanned many years and become palateable to the fans
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I was also a big fan of the show and was extremely dissed when it was cancelled. I never understand why the ST series don't get big network support.

Comment

Just finished watching season 4

A brilliant season. The idea of 2 and 3 part episodes were very well done.

It was great to see how the beginings of the Federation were born.

All the characters were great, and they did well to develop the Trip/T'Pol relationship. I was amazed at how good a job they did with Archer. The made him do the tough calls, but showed how he suffered for doing so. Very human.

Lots of really good episodes, and the final ep added a nice touch with some of those from the TNG involved. I would have loved to hear that final speech, but i guess it wasnt to be.

After now seeing all 4 seasons, i must say what a delight this show has been to watch. The writing has been of the highest level of any show i have seen, and all the episodes were linked together and had meaning. The actors and characters were really good too.

I now rank this show as my all time favourite on pure quality, and the way every ep contributed in some positive way. I ranked SG1 the highest of all the previous shows ive seen, but i now place ST Ent slightly higher, and will no doubt re-watch it many times in the future.

Its a pity it was cancelled. Why do all the good shows seem to go this way ? I would have loved to see those 6 years before the final ep, and the potential for further enagements with the Romulans as enemies would have been awesome. I really loved this show, and it has re-invigorated my passion, for Sci-Fi, Trek and writing

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

It was really a good show. I intended to buy the DVD collections, but they are so expensive ! I got Stargate Atlantis first season for less than 50 dollars and my sister paid about the same for "House". But "Enterprise" sets are around 120 dollars each !!! C'mon, it's a nice box and all, but for me it's way too expensive. Maybe I'll catch the show in syndication soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC
                      It was really a good show. I intended to buy the DVD collections, but they are so expensive ! I got Stargate Atlantis first season for less than 50 dollars and my sister paid about the same for "House". But "Enterprise" sets are around 120 dollars each !!! C'mon, it's a nice box and all, but for me it's way too expensive. Maybe I'll catch the show in syndication soon.
                      It's frustrating (I most recently saw one of the season for $168). It's sad, that, when looking on Amazon, on sale the entire series of four seasons is still $384. For the equivalent I could get every season of SG-1 and still have money to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC
                        Tell me about it. I am still trying to find a "great" deal on the whole set.

Comment

I really enjoyed ENT overall. Especially in season 3, when the Xindi arc was in full swing. I thought season 4 had an almost full roster of excellent episodes, but I did feel a little like they were cramming as many links to the rest of the ST universe in as possible before they had to go off-air. The Augment arc was great, the Terra Prime two-parter was fantastic, but I did feel a little like ENT kind of changed it's focus too many times in the last season. Still, the writers and producers did an admirable job with their necks on the chopping block.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
                            Still, the writers and producers did an admirable job with their necks on the chopping block.
                            That's definitly one way of putting it.

I still really wish we had the chance to see Shran as a full-time character, and can't express enough how great of an addition Jeffery Combs would have been to the main cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                              I still really wish we had the chance to see Shran as a full-time character, and can't express enough how great of an addition Jeffery Combs would have been to the main cast.
                              I agree. Jeffery Combs makes any episode I see him in... who could possibly have played the facile, two-faced Weyoun better than him? And his Shran was of course fantastic.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
                                I agree. Jeffery Combs makes any episode I see him in... who could possibly have played the facile, two-faced Weyoun better than him? And his Shran was of course fantastic.
                                I even liked him in the ENT finale involving his daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X