ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent
    Just wanted to point out that "These Are the Voyages" did get the last 30 seconds right, with the series-melding montage that blended TNG, TOS, and Enterprise, with the three captains speaking the famous Star Trek mantra. That was a pretty good moment, considering the number of bad ones in the episode.
    Yes it was- that was one of the most beautiful moments in Star Trek. I cried.....and for the first time in that ep becuase soemthing was good.

I'm sure someone's done this by now, but it would have been perfect if that ending had been tacked onto "Terra Prime", and "These Are The Voyages" had never been made.

Great sig by the way! (all of them that rotate, that I've seen)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      Great sig by the way! (all of them that rotate, that I've seen)
      Thanks. I've made 8 so far, plan to make more.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Thanks. I've made 8 so far, plan to make more.
        Nice! Good quotes.....wish we could just skip September.

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree that it was a great concept, but the execution was appalling- it would have been a great idea for a mid-season ep, even with Riker and Troi still in it, but yes, everyone was just so out of character, and it was a miserable idea for a finale, I don't know what they thought they were doing, and obviously they didn't either.....

Novelty episodes DO NOT make good finales.

And it's a shame, because if it had been better executed the basic premise would have made a great mid season ep.
          Thank god These Were The Voyages was an alternate universe ep and our crew finished duteis the episode before.

Comment

Thank you for not creating an I hate ENT thread I am really sick and tired of anti this or I hate that threads...

Anyways, I liked ENT and watched it through it's entire run and was saddened when I heard it was being cancelled. During the fourth season I actually couldn't wait until Fridays to see new episodes. I still need to get this series on DVD, I can't wait to re-watch it.

I didn't have a favorite character on the show, everyone was pretty cool. I also loved that TPTB brought Malcom into Section 31. What a great nod to DS9.

Comment

Yeah, haven't seen the DS9 Section 31 eps, but I really liked that aspect of Reed in Season Four- one of several great things about that Klingon two-parter. Still slightly bitter about that one not getting onto the Klingon collective.

It's too bad that we never got the chance to see that aspect of Reed developed more fully, would have liked to have seen him be contacted by Section 31 again in season five.

Comment

Yeah, haven't seen the DS9 Section 31 eps

Watch them. Now.
                sigpic

Comment

Watch them. Now.
                  Which season do they start- I'm halfway through season two.

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree that it was a great concept, but the execution was appalling- it would have been a great idea for a mid-season ep, even with Riker and Troi still in it, but yes, everyone was just so out of character, and it was a miserable idea for a finale, I don't know what they thought they were doing, and obviously they didn't either.....

Novelty episodes DO NOT make good finales.

And it's a shame, because if it had been better executed the basic premise would have made a great mid season ep.
                    Yeah, I agree. It was a great concept You are right, it would have worked much better as a mid season episode or if it was going to be used as the finale it should not have been a holodeck story and should have had the real story unfold as if it was happening like most of the other stories. I really felt like they left too much of the story hanging and I would have love to have heard part of Archer's speech.
                    It also just didn't feel right that Trip wasn't there.

By the way, thanks for starting this thread. I like Enterprise and kind of get tired of people always harping on the negative.

Originally posted by david2708
                    Thank god These Were The Voyages was an alternate universe ep and our crew finished duteis the episode before.
                    LOL. Good one!!!!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Which season do they start- I'm halfway through season two.
                      First episode they appear in is "Inquisition", Season 6. From then on they play a role in the final story arc.
                      sigpic

Comment

First episode they appear in is "Inquisition", Season 6. From then on they play a role in the final story arc.
                        Season Six! But that's like.....forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                          By the way, thanks for starting this thread. I like Enterprise and kind of get tired of people always harping on the negative.
                          No problem, there were a lot of great things about Enterprise, that seem to be forgotton amongst the "continuity" complaints- it was in itself (and within the canon of Star Trek) a good show that met an unfortunate end just as it was on the brink of becoming a great show.

Comment

I'm quite enjoying Enterprise now viewing it on DVD. I initially gave up on it during its TV run.
                            I think the continuity complaints is of only concern to die hards who hark back to the original series. Most of todays Trek fans came on board when TNG started and would be clueless about so called Trek lore being violated from the Kirk era.
                            As long as the shows are entertaining, I could careless whether they alter something that occured in an ep from 1967.

Comment

I started watching ENTERPRISE because Scott Bakula was in there, and I'm a big fan of him since QUANTUM LEAP, but I grew to love this crew; Dr. Phlox is one of my favorite doctors from all the series, just second in my heart to the one and only Dr. "Bones" McCoy and the look of the ship and uniforms was really really cool. They should have had more time on the air. DEEP SPACE NINE had so many detractors and they said it was too dark...however Paramount didn't pull them off the air at the first low ratings. And ENTERPRISE filled some gaps in the general Star Trek stoy arc, such as why the klingons looked like humans in Kirk's era, how the vulcans became involved with humans in the first place and the birth of the Federation.

LONG LIVE ENTERPRISE !

Comment

I never watched Enterprise on TV because the first couple of seasons were terrible in my opinion. My parents came to me time and time again telling me that the episodes were improving but I just couldn't go back to it. I also disliked it on principle. I couldn't watch it without thinking NO, you're wrong! No, you didn't do that! No, you aren't recorded in historical records for doing that! etc. etc. and knowing that the NX-01 was never one of the ship models on any future Enterprises.

However, the episodes re-ran on Sky One recently and I drifted in and out of a few season 1 and 2 eps, not really liking them. I then started watching the Xindi plot unfold and generally enjoyed it. I then saw almost every ep from that point on. Although I still dislike the characters and the general concept, I did enjoy most episodes for their saluts to the future of Trek.. particularly ones which linked in somehow [i.e. Vulcan eps] The series also gave me a proud feeling, having the knowledge of what Starfleet eventually develops into.

I watched the final episode just a couple of weeks ago and, as an episode its quite weak - Riker's reason for observing it was weak, the episode was generally not HUGE enough for the series finale and the holodeck concept was flawed. For example, how could Riker become involved in the story by being part of the assault team? Every person he kills would influence and twist the chain of events... how can he walk through walls? How do they have something so complicated and which occured before the introduction of holodecks and holographic recordings on record?
                                All that said, you once again got that warm feeling from the episode. The unique TNG perspective somehow linked Enterprise into the whole Star Trek franchise in a new way and made it feel like part of it. It was obviously nice to see Troi and Riker but the story was also quite compelling. The ending was also ultimately satisfying and makes you feel regret that Enterprise couldn't continue so you could watch the Alliance and Federation develop properly. Of course, it was the "These are the Voyages" segment I was waiting for and it was very heart-warming... I got quite emotional and loved those few seconds!

So, overall, after my long rant, you could say that I am partially pro-Enterprise although I'm still unhappy that they decided to do the series to begin with. I do, however, have total appreciation for the series and what it accomplished in its short run.
                                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Working...
                                X