ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Come on guys, I know you're out there, those of you whose hearts were broken when Enterprise was cancelled. Discuss, appreciate, and speculate on what could have happened if the show had been allowed to continue!

Personally, the NX-01 is my favourite version of the Enterprise (well, it ties with the Ent E), I loved the interior design- it felt like a spaceship, the uniforms were the best, and most realistic in Trek (pockets!). And there were some truly lovable characters (my favourites being Phlox and Trip). As for what may have been? Two words: Romulan Wars. Could have been the best storyline in Trek. Also would have loved to see the potential episode "Starbase One" as well as Jeffrey Combs joining the main cast.

First off, I love all Star Trek (except the debacle that was Nemesis). Enterprise and especially Voyager were good shows that had great episodes mixed in. I do not go for the "I hate threads" for anything Star Trek!.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    And there were some truly lovable characters (my favourites being Phlox and Trip).
    Phlox was so under used, although the storylines didn't present a lot of opportunities for his character. Trip annoyed me to no end in the beginning (I think it was the southern accent), but by the late seasons he was the best character.
    As for what may have been? Two words: Romulan Wars. Could have been the best storyline in Trek. Also would have loved to see the potential episode "Starbase One" as well as Jeffrey Combs joining the main cast.
    I am with you on how cool the Romulan War theme would have been if it stayed on air, from reading where TPTB wanted to take ENT for seasons 6 & 7 it would have been a big improvement, especially with Combs joining the cast and being a regular on the show.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I think Enterprise had potential. The crew didn't have a lot of the boundaries that limited the other Trek crews, because Starfleet wasn't established, and the rules simply hadn't been written. I like that the show was more rugged and less built on formality then other Treks.

I was really disappointed with the ending though. I think they could have done a spectacular send-off, not just to Enterprise, but to Trek in general, and they let that opportunity pass them by. Imagine this as the final scene:

Start with a wide shot (slow-mo) of NX-01 taking off, with Scott Bakula's voice in the background reading the first part of the new Starfleet Charter. Fade to Enterprise A flying along, with William Shatner reading the next part, fade to Enterprise D with Patrick Stewart speaking, fade to a shot of the Defiant flying past DS9 with Avery Brooks reading, and finally fade to a shot of Voyager popping into warp, with Kate Mulgrew reading the last part of the Charter. Have the theme song to TOS playing very softly in the background.

To me that would have been such a cool way to tie all 5 shows together.

edit: BTW, we know they like to try and tie each new series to the others, given how the first show of each features the previous.
      sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

*stares* There...there coulda been Romulan Wars? I LOVE the Romulans...
        *goes to protest for a mini series or something to do with the War*
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          First off, I love all Star Trek (except the debacle that was Nemesis). Enterprise and especially Voyager were good shows that had great episodes mixed in. I do not go for the "I hate threads" for anything Star Trek!.
          Well said brother Fifth Race!, hate threads are dumb and childish. I wouldn't say I loved Enterprise but I enjoyed the Xindi storyline arc and there were a handful of truly great Trek episodes that came out of ENT.

I did grow to like a few of the characters, like Trip, Hoshi, Phlox and Reed. Like Cat the Alien said I wasn't to happy with the ending, plus that last season was a mess, which was understandable considering they had to wrap it up after thinking they would get two more seasons.

Romulan Wars. Could have been the best storyline in Trek. Also would have loved to see the potential episode "Starbase One" as well as Jeffrey Combs joining the main cast.
          I agree lady Trek, I remember reading spoilers for what Berman, Braga and Chris Black had planned if they had gotten the go ahead with seasons 6 and 7, it sounded very cool and would have made for much better TV than the earlier seasons. Plus more of Jeffrey Combs is always a good thing!, when he became a semi-regular character on DS9 as Brunt and unforgettable Weyoun, the show got even better!.

I still rank ENT better than TOS but not nearly as good as Voyager. IMHO the best Trek came from TNG and DS9 equally.

Comment

Enterprise definitly had a few that I rank amoung my top eps:

The Demons/Terra Prime two parter, Future's End, Shuttlepod One, Dear Doctor, the last five or so eps of season three were essentially one big ep, Shockwave, Twilight, and Similitude. And I'll to add A Night In Sickbay- excluding the supposed "sexual tension" thing, great ep for Phlox and great moments for Hoshi.

I absolutly agree that the finale was a fiasco.....ugh. Except the montage of course.

Comment

Early this year i saw a couple of eps from season two, and thought they showed promise.

2 weeks ago i decided that i should really get round to watch this series, so i got season one. I must say it is very different from other Trek shows, but i quite enjoy it.

I have watched all of season 1 now, and are currently mid way through season 2.

I think it is been pretty good so far, with a few brilliant eps.

Its good to see what it was like before Federation times, and how everything is new to them.

The characters all have potential from what ive seen so far, and i cant wait to see what awaits them over the next few seasons.
              Last edited by MB.Eddie; 14 August 2006, 04:52 AM.
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Wow. Just finished watching season 2, and i must say i loved it. Awesome stuff. This may be one of the best sci-fi seasons from any series that i have seen to date. I really loved episodes such as Dead Stop, A Night in Sickbay, Marauders, Precious Cargo, Dawn, Cease Fire, Future Tense, and Cogenitor. My favourite ep of the seaosn was Regeneration

I really look forward to their next missions through season 3
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                  Wow. Just finished watching season 2, and i must say i loved it. Awesome stuff. This may be one of the best sci-fi seasons from any series that i have seen to date. I really loved episodes such as Dead Stop, A Night in Sickbay, Marauders, Precious Cargo, Dawn, Cease Fire, Future Tense, and Cogenitor. My favourite ep of the seaosn was Regeneration

I really look forward to their next missions through season 3
                  It's amazing how opinions differ on the show- season two is actually my least favourite of the series over all, although it does have a few great eps- my personal favourite being Future Tense followed by Dawn- a nice callback to TNG's Darmok.

You're going to love season three MB.Eddie. The first half is a bit slow (having a couple of very weak slightly more stand alone eps), but by the mid-point, wow, some great stuff happens.

Comment

I love Star Trek Enterprise!

Particularly season 4, the writers seemed to be in their element!

It had so much action. As opposed to the rest of the Star Trek shows where they seemed to constantly get to the brink without anything much happening. The other star trek shows seemed so pre-occupied with spreading Roddenberrys messgage, that they forgot that the show had to be gripping and fun.

I was so disappointed with "these are the voyages...." though. Its the worst ending that a star trek show has ever recieved. Appauling.

Comment

I only caught part of the third and fourth seasons, but I liked what I saw. I will need to rent the seasons from the video store since the channel that carries it in syndication on Sunday nights plays episodes out of order and keeps skipping around. I did however, hate the finale. It wasn't very good and mixing it into a ST:NG episode doesn't work. Just watching what little I did of the show made me a fan. It's sad to see it cancelled so early.
                      "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                      The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                        I only caught part of the third and fourth seasons, but I liked what I saw. I will need to rent the seasons from the video store since the channel that carries it in syndication on Sunday nights plays episodes out of order and keeps skipping around. I did however, hate the finale. It wasn't very good and mixing it into a ST:NG episode doesn't work. Just watching what little I did of the show made me a fan. It's sad to see it cancelled so early.
                        I agree the finale was awful- the first and second season weren't as strong as the third and forth came to be, but my favourite episode happens to be in season one, really hope you enjoy the show.

Can't stand how UPN skips around and replays the same eps over and over- if you're in the states I believe I read somewhere that Sci-fi will start airing Enterprise at some point in the near future.

Comment

I agree the finale was awful
                          For me the finale wasn't really so much that it was an awful episode, other than the out of character behavior in the moments that lead up to Trips injuries that killed him. It was a decent episode, earlier shows had always eluded to Archer's role in creating the Federation so I was glad that they did decide to at least try something with it. It is just that it was a really really really really awful and lousy finale, not the way I would want the last show to be and I personally felt that the show and cast deserved a much better send off. Also it might have worked better if they had not brought Riker and Troy into the mix. I like those two characters alot but since it was the finale it was not the right episode to do a 'holo' story.

I always like Enterprise and thought it was just getting into it's prime when they decided to cancel it. Most successful shows you can't really base their success from the first season because that is when they are struggling to mix and develop the dynamics, creativity and characters. If we did base success on that first year we might not have had more Star Trek because that first year of STNG was cringworthy to say the least at several levels but that is for another thread.
                          Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 September 2006, 03:02 PM.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree that it was a great concept, but the execution was appalling- it would have been a great idea for a mid-season ep, even with Riker and Troi still in it, but yes, everyone was just so out of character, and it was a miserable idea for a finale, I don't know what they thought they were doing, and obviously they didn't either.....

Novelty episodes DO NOT make good finales.

And it's a shame, because if it had been better executed the basic premise would have made a great mid season ep.

Comment

Just wanted to point out that "These Are the Voyages" did get the last 30 seconds right, with the series-melding montage that blended TNG, TOS, and Enterprise, with the three captains speaking the famous Star Trek mantra. That was a pretty good moment, considering the number of bad ones in the episode.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                              X