Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pro Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Yeah, haven't seen the DS9 Section 31 eps, but I really liked that aspect of Reed in Season Four- one of several great things about that Klingon two-parter. Still slightly bitter about that one not getting onto the Klingon collective.

It's too bad that we never got the chance to see that aspect of Reed developed more fully, would have liked to have seen him be contacted by Section 31 again in season five.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42
    Yeah, haven't seen the DS9 Section 31 eps

Watch them. Now.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Quote Originally Posted by Descent

Watch them. Now.
    Which season do they start- I'm halfway through season two.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

Oh yeah, I agree that it was a great concept, but the execution was appalling- it would have been a great idea for a mid-season ep, even with Riker and Troi still in it, but yes, everyone was just so out of character, and it was a miserable idea for a finale, I don't know what they thought they were doing, and obviously they didn't either.....

Novelty episodes DO NOT make good finales.

And it's a shame, because if it had been better executed the basic premise would have made a great mid season ep.
    Yeah, I agree. It was a great concept You are right, it would have worked much better as a mid season episode or if it was going to be used as the finale it should not have been a holodeck story and should have had the real story unfold as if it was happening like most of the other stories. I really felt like they left too much of the story hanging and I would have love to have heard part of Archer's speech.
    It also just didn't feel right that Trip wasn't there.

By the way, thanks for starting this thread. I like Enterprise and kind of get tired of people always harping on the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by david2708
    Thank god These Were The Voyages was an alternate universe ep and our crew finished duteis the episode before.
    LOL. Good one!!!!

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Which season do they start- I'm halfway through season two.
    First episode they appear in is "Inquisition", Season 6. From then on they play a role in the final story arc.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Quote Originally Posted by Descent
    First episode they appear in is "Inquisition", Season 6. From then on they play a role in the final story arc.
    Season Six! But that's like.....forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk
    By the way, thanks for starting this thread. I like Enterprise and kind of get tired of people always harping on the negative.
    No problem, there were a lot of great things about Enterprise, that seem to be forgotton amongst the "continuity" complaints- it was in itself (and within the canon of Star Trek) a good show that met an unfortunate end just as it was on the brink of becoming a great show.

First Lieutenant

I'm quite enjoying Enterprise now viewing it on DVD. I initially gave up on it during its TV run.
    I think the continuity complaints is of only concern to die hards who hark back to the original series. Most of todays Trek fans came on board when TNG started and would be clueless about so called Trek lore being violated from the Kirk era.
    As long as the shows are entertaining, I could careless whether they alter something that occured in an ep from 1967.

I started watching ENTERPRISE because Scott Bakula was in there, and I'm a big fan of him since QUANTUM LEAP, but I grew to love this crew; Dr. Phlox is one of my favorite doctors from all the series, just second in my heart to the one and only Dr. "Bones" McCoy and the look of the ship and uniforms was really really cool. They should have had more time on the air. DEEP SPACE NINE had so many detractors and they said it was too dark...however Paramount didn't pull them off the air at the first low ratings. And ENTERPRISE filled some gaps in the general Star Trek stoy arc, such as why the klingons looked like humans in Kirk's era, how the vulcans became involved with humans in the first place and the birth of the Federation.

LONG LIVE ENTERPRISE !

I never watched Enterprise on TV because the first couple of seasons were terrible in my opinion. My parents came to me time and time again telling me that the episodes were improving but I just couldn't go back to it. I also disliked it on principle. I couldn't watch it without thinking NO, you're wrong! No, you didn't do that! No, you aren't recorded in historical records for doing that! etc. etc. and knowing that the NX-01 was never one of the ship models on any future Enterprises.

However, the episodes re-ran on Sky One recently and I drifted in and out of a few season 1 and 2 eps, not really liking them. I then started watching the Xindi plot unfold and generally enjoyed it. I then saw almost every ep from that point on. Although I still dislike the characters and the general concept, I did enjoy most episodes for their saluts to the future of Trek.. particularly ones which linked in somehow [i.e. Vulcan eps] The series also gave me a proud feeling, having the knowledge of what Starfleet eventually develops into.

I watched the final episode just a couple of weeks ago and, as an episode its quite weak - Riker's reason for observing it was weak, the episode was generally not HUGE enough for the series finale and the holodeck concept was flawed. For example, how could Riker become involved in the story by being part of the assault team? Every person he kills would influence and twist the chain of events... how can he walk through walls? How do they have something so complicated and which occured before the introduction of holodecks and holographic recordings on record?
    All that said, you once again got that warm feeling from the episode. The unique TNG perspective somehow linked Enterprise into the whole Star Trek franchise in a new way and made it feel like part of it. It was obviously nice to see Troi and Riker but the story was also quite compelling. The ending was also ultimately satisfying and makes you feel regret that Enterprise couldn't continue so you could watch the Alliance and Federation develop properly. Of course, it was the "These are the Voyages" segment I was waiting for and it was very heart-warming... I got quite emotional and loved those few seconds!

So, overall, after my long rant, you could say that I am partially pro-Enterprise although I'm still unhappy that they decided to do the series to begin with. I do, however, have total appreciation for the series and what it accomplished in its short run.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ank/900_01.jpg // http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/mrfrank/200_m.jpg

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

I miss seeing new episodes of this series. It had so much potential, judging from season 4.

You're going to love season three MB.Eddie. The first half is a bit slow (having a couple of very weak slightly more stand alone eps), but by the mid-point, wow, some great stuff happens.
    Finished watching season 3 last night.

How bloody good is this show? Amazing stuff. That whole Zindi story line, 24 ep season was fantastic.

This season was full of so much action. All the characters continued to develop. Archer certainly became so much more of a Captain, and had to make so many tough calls. This season was so much Darker than most Trek ive seen, and thus it felt more real.

This show is right up there with my all time favourites now, and i havnt even watched season 4 yet
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Quote Originally Posted by MB.Eddie
    Finished watching season 3 last night.

How bloody good is this show? Amazing stuff. That whole Zindi story line, 24 ep season was fantastic.

This season was full of so much action. All the characters continued to develop. Archer certainly became so much more of a Captain, and had to make so many tough calls. This season was so much Darker than most Trek ive seen, and thus it felt more real.

This show is right up there with my all time favourites now, and i havnt even watched season 4 yet
    Glad you liked it! Personally, I loved seeing the Enterprise get its butt kicked a few times and have to limp along. Tough ship. And I really liked Degra- Randy Oglesby did such a wonderful job, as did the actor who played the other xindi humanoid- Tucker Smallwood I think it was.

I also forgot to add that the inclusion of Steven Culp as Major Hayes and the rest of the M.A.C.O's was also very good. They played an important role, and it was good to see that it wasnt left up to Star Fleet.

And as Trek_Girl42 said, it was nice to see that Enterprise got a beating several times. Helped make it feel more real than most Trek.

The Spheres and the expanse were also a good idea.

Now im going to start watching season 4
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

SENFORUMS.com

Quote Originally Posted by MB.Eddie
    Now im going to start watching season 4
    Lucky to be watching it for the first time! Let us know what you think!

They did some experiments with the ways to tell stories in season three, it's a shame it was cancelled when it was, as they were just hitting their stride on making three-parters, which I think is a great formula for Trek.

I loved season 3 and 4 but I did find the 3 part episodes a little anoying at times, the story would drag and my concentration would drift a bit at times more so in the "Andorian" arc, Of course it was great to see the Romulans and of course a little homage to "Startrek Nemisis" with the Reman's in the episodes for a few shots, only a true fan would notice and go "Oh yeah look there the Reman's from the movie!"

I always thought a season 5 would have just been so much better and built upon the excellence of seasons 3 and 4 that we the fans truely did miss out when it came to the character developments that could have spanned many years and become palateable to the fans
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Chief Master Sergeant

I was also a big fan of the show and was extremely dissed when it was cancelled. I never understand why the ST series don't get big network support.

Just finished watching season 4

A brilliant season. The idea of 2 and 3 part episodes were very well done.

It was great to see how the beginings of the Federation were born.

All the characters were great, and they did well to develop the Trip/T'Pol relationship. I was amazed at how good a job they did with Archer. The made him do the tough calls, but showed how he suffered for doing so. Very human.

Lots of really good episodes, and the final ep added a nice touch with some of those from the TNG involved. I would have loved to hear that final speech, but i guess it wasnt to be.

After now seeing all 4 seasons, i must say what a delight this show has been to watch. The writing has been of the highest level of any show i have seen, and all the episodes were linked together and had meaning. The actors and characters were really good too.

I now rank this show as my all time favourite on pure quality, and the way every ep contributed in some positive way. I ranked SG1 the highest of all the previous shows ive seen, but i now place ST Ent slightly higher, and will no doubt re-watch it many times in the future.

Its a pity it was cancelled. Why do all the good shows seem to go this way ? I would have loved to see those 6 years before the final ep, and the potential for further enagements with the Romulans as enemies would have been awesome. I really loved this show, and it has re-invigorated my passion, for Sci-Fi, Trek and writing

SENFORUMS.com

It was really a good show. I intended to buy the DVD collections, but they are so expensive ! I got Stargate Atlantis first season for less than 50 dollars and my sister paid about the same for "House". But "Enterprise" sets are around 120 dollars each !!! C'mon, it's a nice box and all, but for me it's way too expensive. Maybe I'll catch the show in syndication soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldwell's 2IC
    It was really a good show. I intended to buy the DVD collections, but they are so expensive ! I got Stargate Atlantis first season for less than 50 dollars and my sister paid about the same for "House". But "Enterprise" sets are around 120 dollars each !!! C'mon, it's a nice box and all, but for me it's way too expensive. Maybe I'll catch the show in syndication soon.
    It's frustrating (I most recently saw one of the season for $168). It's sad, that, when looking on Amazon, on sale the entire series of four seasons is still $384. For the equivalent I could get every season of SG-1 and still have money to spare.