X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official I HATE ENTERPRISE Thread

Come on, people.

It's the thread that you've all been waiting for.....I'm proud to present........

............THE OFFICIAL I HATE ENTERPRISE THREAD..............

I hated Voyager but Enterprise.....that was truly something else indeed - After watching that Death loses it's downside really....
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Just to be clear, is this like the Anti threads where only critques are allowed?

Comment

I believe so.

My main problem with ENT was that it was still way too advanced for how close it is to our time. Granted the Vulcans may have helped out with some stuff, but the ship itself looked far too modern.

I would have preferred some kind of non-symmetrical design (you don't need symmetry in space anyway). Uniforms looked good, but some little touches would have helped make it more real in that era. It would have been better if the transporter was first invented/perfected some time in the show rather than at the beginning. There are more of these little things that bugged me I'm sure I'll think of them later.

Comment

I had the same problem with the ship TBH. IMO it ruined the "evolution" that you could clearly see from the Enterprise to the Enterprise E...

Example in the form of images:
        Spoiler:

USS Enterprise
        USS Enterprise - A
        USS Enterprise-B
        USS Enterprise - C
        USS Enterprise - D
        USS Enterprise - E

Then throw the NX into the mix before the Constitution class and it doesn't work...

Apart from that, continuity and some character traits that annoyed me it was a good show. Like someone said in another thread, ignore it's a Trek series and it becomes quite good... TBH if it was on i'd watch it. "Hate" is a bit harsh but i guess you really do dislike ENT and Voyager.
        Last edited by Anubis69; 12 August 2006, 07:37 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I agree with the whole take it out of trek idea. I will watch it when it is on. But as a trek show, I can't say I'm fond of it.

Comment

Enterprise should have been writen for a season at a time. Also no left over Voyager plots.
            Also Enterprise needed to admit it was a prequel. Earth should never have been threatened since we knew that it would be fine. We also knew that Earth would form the UFP so kill off the Vulcans think humans aren't ready plotline (plus it was just stupid and caused the even worse Archer is a jerk to Vulcans except eventually T'Pol storyline).
            Next change the races. The Suliban and TCW plotline was just weird, stupid, and a waste of time. The Orions should have been the main villains. More Andorians far less Klingons and only the faintest hint of Romulans even existing.
            Season finales should have been more about the crew and whether it might die and not about whether Earth will be destroyed. The best season finale was TNG's BOBW. Sure we weren't sure if the Borg would be stopped but mainly it was whether Picard/Locutus would be killed.
            Lastly change Archer so he is not such a jerk. Besides the problems with Vulcans Archer was just a bad Captain. I never thought he cared for his crew as much as the other 4 Captains did. Actually I wondered how he ever made it past Lt. which is not a good thing at all.

Comment

When is someone going to start a
              I Hate TNG thread?
              or a
              I hate TOS thread?

Comment

I didn't hate Enterprise per se...

more like the show runners and some pretty silly episodes
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                  I Hate TNG thread?
                  or a
                  I hate TOS thread?
                  BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Seriously though... who could hate either of those 2 shows? Both way ahead of their times and TNG started modern Trek. Although TOs has it's doubters, it was genius for it's time...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                    I Hate TNG thread?
                    or a
                    I hate TOS thread?
                    When a dedicated fan of crap, pardon me, I mean a dedicated fan of Enterprise or Voyager comes along and takes it out on TNG and TOS because hey can't take the fact that both of their favorite shows are a big steaming pile of sh..(beamed away before sentence can be finished).
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

I'm not completely sure why I hated Enterprise... but I did. Admittedly they had some good eps... but overall it wasn't extremely good. Yup.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

This series murdered everything that Star Trek was, is and ever could be.

Why couldn't they have ended it on a high note, with the awesome DS9?

sigpic

Comment

Tell us what you didn't like about it.

Comment

For me, there were only two perks of the series. The temperal cold war and the deltic expanse.
                            It was as if overnight the writers had forgotten how to relate to the audience. Perhaps it was just moi, but I didn't relate to the characters at all. 'Least they were more colorful than Voyager... Like I've said before, I'm not quite sure why I hated it. Wait, I need to change that. I didn't hate it, I just didn't like it... Yup.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                            X