Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Our" Ascended Alterans and "Their" Ascended Alterans...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were originally called the Altera.
    Once upon a time, there was a race of people that went on a great journey through space, across the universe. They were called the Altera. After much time…

They later called themeselves Ancients.
    We are the Ancients

PS: "Alterans" is of Daniel's own making, they are simply Altera as far as we know.

Comment

to sauro18,
      alteran and altera is the same thing, its like same america and american....we live in america but we call ourselves americans.

Comment

Originally posted by dmayor09
        to sauro18,
        alteran and altera is the same thing, its like same america and american....we live in america but we call ourselves americans.
        Not really, Daniel did Americanize the name , since the actual text called the people "Altera".

Altera isn't a location, it's the name of the race. "Alteran" is a mistaken americanization of Jackson's.

But the real name is "Altera". One Altera, two Altera, Three Altera. It's always like that. Exactly like "Nox" and "Asgard".

What Daniel did was like calling the Asgard: Asgardians.

Comment

Altera = Ancients & Ori when they used to be one people.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
            The Ori are not Alterans and never were.

Sure they were.

The philosophical split occurred within Alteran society.

Anyone have a copy of Orlin's speech in the briefing room so we can lay this to rest?

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering it correctly, but I had already erased that episode.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
            - Stephen Colbert
            "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Originally posted by DysfunctionalVeteran
              Sure they were.

The philosophical split occurred within Alteran society.

Anyone have a copy of Orlin's speech in the briefing room so we can lay this to rest?

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering it correctly, but I had already erased that episode.
              "Believe me, you don't know everything. A long time ago, the Ori and the Alterans were one society, human, on an evolutionary path to ascension, but a philosophical division grew. The Ori grew more and more fervent in their religious belief. The Alterans…for lack of a better way of putting it…believed in science. The Ori tried to wipe them out."
              Notice how he says "The Ori and the Alterans" and specifically said the Alterans were the scientific ones.
              Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
              Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
              -Audioslave

Comment

Working...
              X