This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading BC-304's

It would be nice if they use drone launchers on the 304's from now on, with those on they might stand a chance against a Ori ship.

Originally posted by DaedalusBC02
    It would be nice if they use drone launchers on the 304's from now on, with those on they might stand a chance against a Ori ship.
    A better idea would be to simply send heaps of Puddle Jumpers through the stargate.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah It would be nice but as of right now, its also totally impossible.

Perfecto!

Comment

The drone weapons are ancient technology, and the Ori are essentially an offshoot of the ancients. They might be slightly more effective, but I think that the Ori would have a better understanding of the technology and how to defeat it.

For instance, they might be able to interfere with the drone weapon's connection to the puddle jumper pilot and possibly even take control of them

Comment

First we need to get lasers not projectiles
          DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

a rail gun is as powerful as a hat'ak cannon imo, shoots WAY faster and has a VERY much more powerful impact velocity, it just dont got the energy part, so i unno

/shrug

and strapping drones onto 304s is an idea that has been said and shunned horrifically int he science and tech forum

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Originally posted by geewillie86
              The drone weapons are ancient technology, and the Ori are essentially an offshoot of the ancients. They might be slightly more effective, but I think that the Ori would have a better understanding of the technology and how to defeat it.

For instance, they might be able to interfere with the drone weapon's connection to the puddle jumper pilot and possibly even take control of them
              NO... ORI ARE NOT OFFSHOOTS OF ANCIENTS!! does no body understand this?!?! Orii and Ancients are off shoots of the Alterans... The Alterans split because the Orii sect was anti science, so the scientist aka the Ancients left...

The Orii may or may not have a better understanding than the technology.. As we know the Acended beings ARE NOT all knowing, and more than likely only share information between eachother, because the Ancients would of been able to of seen the orii threat, and eliminated it... Chances are the Orii have significantly less tech than the ancients did when they ascended, but shared information with their followers, and have been able to create better tech... its been millions of yearsand no one knwos when the orii ascended...
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

We'd be able to pwn the lucians though

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                  a rail gun is as powerful as a hat'ak cannon imo, shoots WAY faster and has a VERY much more powerful impact velocity, it just dont got the energy part, so i unno
                  I really doubt that, the ha'tak weapons can be fired from orbit and still do alot of damage, I don't see rail guns doing that.

They might want to test drones against ori shields first, upgrading your ships with a useless weapon is pretty pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                    NO... ORI ARE NOT OFFSHOOTS OF ANCIENTS!! Does nobody understand this?!?!

Some folks do. It's like the modern descendents of 1st wave new world migrants and the modern Asians both had a common ancestor in east Asia 60,000 years ago.

Although both the Ancients and the Ori called themselves Alterans when the split occurred; and they followed seperate but probably parallel paths to the ascended plane.

One thing I do wonder about...
                    No... wait...

I'll start a thread.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                    - Stephen Colbert
                    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

I think we've discussed this before, btu still...

The ancients' drone technology is a bit more complex, since it's able to be controlled through mind power. But that required a ZPM (and a control chair) to interface.. so it's a bit out of our reach.

But first.. we shouldbe making more drones before we even think about putting them on capital ships.

... and we still don't know how to do that yet.

Comment

Since we have a limited amount of drones, I think they want to preserve them for defensive purposes.

Comment

It would be nice if they took Hive weapons, used ZPM's to boost the shield & HD's. Integrated a PJ cloaking generator into the system. Then combine that with an energy turret that as seen in 'Trinity'.

The point being that, they are just as improbably as your suggestion. Everybody already knows Drones are the most powerful thing we've seen for attacking ships so far. However, they don't have the ability to construct turret launchers. Then comes the biggest kicker of all...They don't have enough Drones to use & they don't know how to create more.

So the long shot is that the writers will never put them in. If they won't let them keep an actual damaged Lantean ship, then what chance will they have of suddently being able to reverse engineer Ancient tech & thgen be able to re-produce it. They have Goa'uld crap that's many years old & they can't do nothing with that. So they ain't got a chance in hell of doing it with Ancient stuff, never mind Drones.

The show will be long dead before the writers give them that ability.

Comment

Working...
                          X