This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official I HATE VOYAGER Thread

In honor of Conor's thread about why us Voyager Haties hate the damn show, I've made this thread so that we can discuss how bad that show was (apart from those FEW good episodes that I'll let you name).

To start us off;

WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE SPECIES 8472 GOODIES???? They were so cooool before they were on that Spacestation pretending to be Starfeet - What the HELL was that about!?!?!?!?!?

I almost killed myself after that, and ended up screaming down the toilet 'WHHHHYY??? THEY WERE SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!1 WHHHHHYYYY????' and then I ripped my eyes out and fed 'em to Max, my dog.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

This thread is absolutely perfect for me. I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while, and was afraid of making one myself, because I've seen a ton of voyager fans, and was starting to wonder if everyone here was crazy.

So... hmm.... good episodes? I might have to think about that for a while. ................................................................................ ........................
    hmm............................................................................. ....................

Ok, I have one! I kind of liked the one where they went in the holodeck, and fought the nazis. That was pretty entertaining, especially when the Klingons appeared and started fighting the nazis. The early Species 8472 stuff was good, untill, like you said, they totally screwed them up. The alliance with the Borg was interesting, especially with the cool Borg modifications, but, of course, since this is voyager, as soon as the alliance was over, all the Borg improvements were suddenly gone. And I loved the parts where Janeway died, but hated the parts when they said, "oops! sorry, she isn't really dead!"

Comment

The episode with the two holographic doctors on board that ship that was over taken by the romulans was good. But that's the only ONLY one I can think of.

The Delta Quadrant could've been so better, if only they got that guy who made BSG to do it. HE COULD'VE MADE SOMETHING AWESOME OF BOTH THE BORG AND SPECIES 8472 - WTF MAN!!!!??!
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

The final Episode WTFH was that?

Highlights were..........
        Borg episode, but then they got to repetetive and boring to endure after the 4th time.....let's see Fairhaven.....now what was that but short of absolute lack of creativity and some bad ideas that should never have been mentioned in the idea room to start with.....they well and truely scrapped the barrel of ideas with that one
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yeah, the Delta Quadrant was dissapointing. I mean, other than the Borg and Species 8472, what do you have? The Kazon? WTF? Any time you create an alien race who's biggest ships can be defeated by a shuttlecraft, you SHOULD NOT MAKE THEM A RECURRING ENEMY!

Comment

I would have liked voyager if they had gone down the more "we're alone" route.

They could have really had the two crews - Maquis and Starfleet, go at it, murders suspcion etc. While at the same time having a damaged ship that couldn't be repaired magically by the next week. We could have seen the hardships and struggles of the crew. One of the main themes of the show could have been the difficulty of sticking to starfleet ideals and morals in the harsh reality of the Delta Quadrant. That was looked at but was never really developed after the first season.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
              let's see Fairhaven.....now what was that but short of absolute lack of creativity and some bad ideas that should never have been mentioned in the idea room to start with.....they well and truely scrapped the barrel of ideas with that one
              Oh, no, I'd managed to forget about that steaming pile of Mastadge crap... And the fact that they actually did a second Fair Haven episode just backs up your point about the barrel... Janeway fell in love with a hologram... What in the name of God were they thinking?

Comment

I loved Voyager.

Sure it had it's lows, but I still loved it.

Now Enterprise...that was a real pile of stinking sh...
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Regarding Fair Haven and the follow up episode they did.

They had so many eps which would have benfitted from a follow-up or being drawn out over a longer arc, and they picked that one?!?

Comment

The characters were bland and boring, except the doctor who managed to develop a little through out the series. Plus the crew was toooo perfect, so perfect that they weren't even human!

There were no consequences from the actions they took, and everything always returned to normal in the end. What happened to chakotay!?!? He WAS a rebel commander in the first episode, then all of a sudden he's a good dog in the rest of the series!!!! Huh???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      I loved Voyager.

Sure it had it's lows, but I still loved it.

Now Enterprise...that was a real pile of stinking sh...
                      I agree with you. And that's all I'm going to say because everyone has their own opinions
                      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

God how I hated what they did to Species 8472 in the end... They were really... really... the greatest enemy they ever had and then they became sh- *Jaffa grenade explodes*.

Fair Haven was fairly interesting... but I dunno... Just because I find something "interesting" doesn't neccesarily mean I like it. I'll leave it at that.

Voyager was run by New Agers... I blame that for a lot of its problems. Then again... it was a lot of things.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                          God how I hated what they did to Species 8472 in the end... They were really... really... the greatest enemy they ever had and then they became sh- *Jaffa grenade explodes*.

Fair Haven was fairly interesting... but I dunno... Just because I find something "interesting" doesn't neccesarily mean I like it. I'll leave it at that.

Voyager was run by New Agers... I blame that for a lot of its problems. Then again... it was a lot of things.

Hell, just the show was poor. It's like, they would get attacked by a ship of equal power, they say 'target their weapons array' or 'target their engines' and wallah, there enemy has been defeated.

But, that's just one teeny weeny annoyuance i have with the show. Infact, i'd say the worst character in Trek, and one of the worst in sci-fi and any other gebre, is Janeway. I HATED that woman.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                          Lister: 'Why not?'
                          Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                          Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                          Rimmer: 'See who?'
                          Cat: 'The king.'
                          Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                          Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                          Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Sigh..........

Comment

Sigh?????

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                              Lister: 'Why not?'
                              Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                              Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                              Rimmer: 'See who?'
                              Cat: 'The king.'
                              Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                              Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                              Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Working...
                              X