This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPTB could be Hitler apologist???

There're something about episode, "Prototype" (9x09) that really brothers me..

So, that character, Kalek reminds me of a aryan. It is just symbol? Anubis tried to breed a perfect creature, like Hitler tried to breed a perfect creature... like Blond hair, blue eyes, smart, perfect body, and you name it. Kalek matches this catalog. Did you notice it?

Perhaps, TPTB likes to create more metaphor to keep the show more interesting, right?

Just thought...

Any thought?

i personally think your reading too much into it, he was a clone of anubis designed to accend and destroy the ancients

Comment

I think that it is more probable that TPTB chose the best actor for the role and that his colouring played little to no part in that decision.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

i agree. i don't think aeryan had anything to do with it

it was just an actor who nabbed the role
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I tend to agree with other posters that it was just coincidence.

However, even if you were right - I'm unclear as to why this would make TPTB apologists for Hitler. I don't recall anything in Prototype which stated that Anubis (or, by extension Hitler) was right in their quest to breed a master race. Quite the opposite in fact.

Albion
          Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean Citizen
            There're something about episode, "Prototype" (9x09) that really brothers me..

So, that character, Kalek reminds me of a aryan. It is just symbol? Anubis tried to breed a perfect creature, like Hitler tried to breed a perfect creature... like Blond hair, blue eyes, smart, perfect body, and you name it. Kalek matches this catalog. Did you notice it?

Perhaps, TPTB likes to create more metaphor to keep the show more interesting, right?

Just thought...

Any thought?
            okaaaaay.

wtf does that have to do with them being "Hitler apologists?"

Comment

Khalek was indeed simply the first (possibly) of an army of clones of Anubis' preascended form, which he planned to make ascend and battle the Ancients.

He wasn't trying to perfect anything, Khalek is just what Anubis' host looks like in it's not-half-ascended form.

Comment

Working...
              X