This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made in Canada

We should all agree that SG-1 is a show about the US military and the US government and that it's focus is towards (don't take this the wrong way, international fans ) an American audience. Occasionally, I've noticed something slip through that shows that its filmed in Vancouver, however. On more than one episode, when the "INCOMING TRAVELLER" alert is shown on the computer, I've noticed that "traveller" is spelled the British/Canadian way, with two Ls. Americans spell it with one L. Anyone else notice minor continuty errors in spelling or maybe pronunciation like this? (Yes, yes, I know, I have freakish attention to detail )
    This post brought to you by Anubis Markets, a division of Osiris Foods.

lol i never noticed nor cared lol Dont they shoot a few episods in other parts of North America? Didnt they shoot the episode where Bra'tac and R'Yac were REenslaved in like Utah or something lol In a way it sucks that they have an American based show shot on Canada but in anotehr way its funny, and hten in a third way its kinda good cause its cheaper(um im not sure if that was an insult to canadians or not if oyu are offended im sorry) lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I agree that one reason is that it's cheaper... Also, Vancouver is said to be becoming a second Hollywood.

And yes, both SG-1 and Atlantis are filmed in Vancouver.

Besides, you've got to love those alien British Columbia trees (even in Pegasus galaxy)
      sigpic
      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

i don't think that they've ever gone anywhere else besides BC to film any episodes, nor do i think they should. BC is beautiful, and has alot of great people. i'm biased. i was born in Duncan, BC (on Vancouver island). we lived in BC for a few years and then moved to Manitoba. we've been back a couple times. me and my sister went to visit relatives last summer, and about 5 years ago me, my sister, and my dad went back...

anyways...

i didn't actually even know that there were two ways of spelling traveller. i've always spelt it traveller. never spelt it traveler. never even heard of that. though i do seem to spell alot of words the american way, that just looks wrong. i can't stand the 'u' in the british way of spelling color or flavor or harbor or anything. and to be it's center, not centre. and theater, not theatre.

my sister notices little details too. yesterday she was watching Redemption pt 2 on her laptop and just looked at the screen for a second and noticed a little tattoo on Christopher Judge's finger lol.

what i really don't understand about them filming in Canada is the Get In The Gate contest. i mean, you'd think that since the show is filmed in Canada, Canadians would be elligable to enter, but we're not. only people on the continental united states

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

You think that's bad? I live in Quebec, we have different gambling laws than the rest of North America.... So what ever contests you can't enter, take that number and divide it by 4 and that's how many I can enter

Even if they're Canadian x.x
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Well...

"Blah lbah blah Zero Point Module" - Mckay
            "What?" - Jack
            "Um He's Canadian"-Daniel
            "Oh sorry"-Jack

LOL there you have it Jack doesnt like you muahahahaha loljk

I dont understand it either but its prolly cause their msotly American actors and they dont want someone to talk to them saying "A" after everyword cause they'll do it on the show LOL JK

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
              I dont understand it either but its prolly cause their msotly American actors and they dont want someone to talk to them saying "A" after everyword cause they'll do it on the show LOL JK
              Ever noticed that Jack say's "Eh" a lot?
              sigpic

Comment

O NO HES TURNING OVER TO CANADIANS! THIS MEANS WAR!!!!! *RAR* loljkjkjk

Comment

O NO HES TURNING OVER TO CANADIANS! THIS MEANS WAR!!!!! *RAR* loljkjkjk
                  Lol... When your around here long enough "eh" becomes part of the vocabulary subconsiously

"Jack as a canadian... That's a concept"
                  sigpic

Comment

Well...

"Blah lbah blah Zero Point Module" - Mckay
                    "What?" - Jack
                    "Um He's Canadian"-Daniel
                    "Oh sorry"-Jack

LOL there you have it Jack doesnt like you muahahahaha loljk

where you have 'Zero Point Module' you should have 'ZBM'. apparently, Canadians say the letter Z as in 'zed' not as in 'zee'. i don't care which one i say. not say the letter z alot lol.

i don't actually really know why lots of people (non-canadians) think that Canadians say 'eh' after every sentence. i know i say it a few times in a day. basically just 'how's it goin, eh?' most people in canada probably don't even say 'eh'. i don't know anyone around here that does say 'eh'. i don't... see where this is coming from...

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      i don't actually really know why lots of people (non-canadians) think that Canadians say 'eh' after every sentence. i know i say it a few times in a day. basically just 'how's it goin, eh?' most people in canada probably don't even say 'eh'. i don't know anyone around here that does say 'eh'. i don't... see where this is coming from...
                      He speaks the truth... I don't say "eh" after every sentence, I do say it though... never thought of counting how many times.
                      sigpic

Comment

I saw a great t-shirt while on vacation in Banff, Canada, about the many uses of "Eh" lol
                        This post brought to you by Anubis Markets, a division of Osiris Foods.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                          He speaks the truth... I don't say "eh" after every sentence, I do say it though... never thought of counting how many times.
                          just noting: it's She not He...

sorry, it's natural for me to get defensive about people online going by my screename and assuming that i'm male. 'duncan_bc_00' 'martouf_marty'... yeah... at least i'm not putting it in block letters like i used to

i know it's just an honest mistake lol

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                            just noting: it's She not He...

sorry, it's natural for me to get defense about people online going by my screename and assuming that i'm male. 'duncan_bc_00' 'martouf_marty'... yeah... at least i'm not putting it in block letters like i used to

i know it's just an honest mistake lol
                            Sorry about that x.x

So what part of Vancouver were you from? I was there last week and wondered if I might have seen the area.

Edit for previous post: She speaks the truth...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                              Sorry about that x.x

So what part of Vancouver were you from? I was there last week and wondered if I might have seen the area.

Edit for previous post: She speaks the truth...
                              das okay.

well, Shawnigan (sp?) Lake on Vancouver Island. i was born in Duncan, BC (also on the island lol). my dad was born and grew up in Vancouver, my grandma lives in Penticton, an aunty that lives just outside Vancouver, and an aunty, uncle, and cousin that live in Abbostford. last year me and my sister went to Abbostford, then to the aunty outside of Vancouver, and to my grandma's.

i don't remember Duncan or Shawnigan Lake... i was 2 when we moved to Manitoba.

this is the funny thing though. my dad was born in Vancouver. my mom was born in Lake Francsis (sp?... it's a town ) in Manitoba, my sister was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and i was born in Duncan, BC. on opposite coasts lol. my dad was in the navy for 26 years...

i'm babbling

Comment

Working...
                              X