Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be more Non human aliens on the show?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should there be more Non human aliens on the show?

When I heard that Atlantis was going to be in another galaxy I was hoping there would be more non humans on the show. But after two seasons, its seemed like the wraith is the only Intelligent non human (and Physical, not energy) creatures in the Pegasus galaxy. Do you guys think that show would have more intelligent aliens creatures on the show besides the Wraith and energy beings?
    And are you guys surprised the writers has not tried to tie the wraith to earth's vampire legends and myths. I was just asking that cause alot of sg1's mytho is tied in to Earth legends and myths. Like the Go'uld is tied in to Earth gods and demons. I was kinda surprised the writers did not do the same for the wraith. I mean, they are after all vampire and there are legends about lifeforce sucking vampires on Earth. So I was kinda surprised they did not mention or tie it in to earth somehow. They don't even have to say the wraith was on earth at some point in the past. They easily tie them to earth legends by saying that the vampire legends was started by the Ancients who return to earth after the wraith war and told people of earth about the wraith. Oh well, its just a thought.
    Jaffa Kree!

I agree, Atlantis needs a powerful ally. In Sg-1, they have so many allies that are powerful (in particular the Asguard) but in Atlantis its pretty much us against the wraith and soon
    Spoiler:
    the lantians.
    But no one to help us out. I've been quite dissapointed that we do not have a major ally in this war and one is sorely needed. I'd love to find a race of equal or greater technological position to help us out in the pegasus. It would give the show more depth, show that the wraith can be kicked back and kept at bay, and adds to the potential stories the show could have. Cause as it stands right now it appears the only advanced races in pegasus are the wraith, formerly ronins race, the genii and
    Spoiler:
    The lantians.

Comment

The great thing about a galaxy populated by transplanted humans is that one can skimp on special effects make-up without having to resort to forehead aliens.

I'm happy with there being few aliens so long as the aliens they have are done well. Nobody likes forehead aliens.

Comment

yea IMO stargate is the only show that does good special effects on aliens and general affects
        Andromeda
        Startrek
        Firefly
        Farscape
        These shows all have aliens or effects that look completely rediculous, Stargate has really set the standard with the Asguard and the various alien races we have encountered in 9 years

Comment

There weren't any aliens in Firefly...

That, and Farscape probably had some of the best aliens, once you suspend reality a bit. I know they are muppets, but heck, it was really original and alot better than the 'fake' look of CGI aliens. (Species 8472 in ST:VOY is a prime example of bad CGI alien)

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods
            yea IMO stargate is the only show that does good special effects on aliens and general affects
            Andromeda
            Startrek
            Firefly
            Farscape
            These shows all have aliens or effects that look completely rediculous, Stargate has really set the standard with the Asguard and the various alien races we have encountered in 9 years
            I agree with some of these having silly aliens. Also Babylon 5 had some weird ones. Firefly didn't have any aliens unless you count the Reavers.

Comment

what if the furlings now reside in the pegasus galaxy???? just a thought

Comment

Well in terms of aliens Atlantis has met those mist aliens on that planet. Those bacteria like creatures that produced energy and would die everytime the stargate was activated. Though I do agree in that SG-1 met a lot more aliens in its earlier seasons then Atlantis has. But you have to remember that they said that the Pegasus galaxy was practically devoid of intelligent sentient life which is why the Lanteans seeded it with life so if that were the case it seems somewhat unlikely the Atlantis Expedition will encounter many aliens...at least aliens that arent native to PG.

I dont think Atlantis really needs a powerful alien ally race as such because of the connection to the MW. They could just try and call the Asgard or ask for some help from Earth (which would be denied for whatever reason but still the option is there).

I agree that they should try and connect more with the vampire mythology, some of which came from Greek myths. Though it would be a bit difficult since the myth on vampires comes from many different sources...some being ancient myths others being works of fiction.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I would love to see more non-huminoid aliens, and I really don't want costume aliens that look too fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne
                    what if the furlings now reside in the pegasus galaxy???? just a thought

I had hoped that the Furlings would be the Asgard of SGA, but I think the fact that SGA has access to Ancient tech so readily (Jumpers and Atlantis for god sakes) means they don't really need an advanced Ally. Besides if the Wraith beat the Ancients they would have done the same to any other advanced races in PG.

Perfecto!

Comment

I would love to see more non-human aliens, but not with bad costumes. They should people in costumes and makeup like in the Lord of the Rings. Puppets and CGI would also great. So that this would not drain the budget of the show, they could only show up ever once in a while and all the shots for each episode could be shot at once.
                      sigpic

Comment

i would too...but what type of aliens would i like to see on the pegasus besides the wriath....hmmmm something like a Unas but not that primitive, enough to know what a SG
                        DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

the only problem with that is that the ancients chose pegasus because it was devoid of life and any aliens would likely be destroyed by the wraith either that or they are food like everyone else
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well u have 10k Years of nothing really happening besides wriath feeding on humans, who knows what has also came in the pegasus
                            DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

there may be more but i doubt they'll be a match for the wraith who destroy any race who reaches a tech level able to remotely threaten them
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X