Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith fashion/style thread(Spoilers all episodes)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith fashion/style thread(Spoilers all episodes)

I just watched sateda and the wraith become more stylish every episode.(Except the fact that they start dying very quickly ). The Night Vision ability, just cool. But a wraith with sunglasses? Come on.

Originally posted by tobi
    I just watched sateda and the wraith become more stylish every episode.(Except the fact that they start dying very quickly ). The Night Vision ability, just cool. But a wraith with sunglasses? Come on.
    Yea i was thinkin the same....but i hope they was not sun glasses and just somethin like infa red or some other cool vision

Comment

The sunglasses were prolly to protect his eyes. Take them off outdoors with night vision, say hello blindness. Could have also been some kind of sensor. Hard to say.

Comment

The sunglasses ware useless, he had the tracking device on his arm and he has the nightvision implanted (it can be turned off - the second wraith turns it on just before Ronon kills him)
        God must love stupid people because he made so many of them.

Comment

Ok, maybe his eyes were sensitive I almost never go outside without sunglasses on.

Comment

Is the night vision a "natural" ability or was it some kind of tech implant?

Comment

Probabaly implanted. Why else would he needed the shades?
              "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I just read that the stunt coordinator of sga called it wraithvision.

Comment

I doubt it is an implant after all the wraith are evolved from the iratus bug and they live in caves...obviously just there own eyesight.....i doubt they are for sensative eyes aswell bcos the wraith are usualy out in the light and hes the first we have seen with the shades on

Comment

Obviously, that first Wraith was a young punk of a Wraith. Inexperienced, he only thinks he's good enough to take down a Runner. Probably thought he was so cool that he wore his shades indoors, at night.

a time to mourn

Comment

It was stated on a concept picture of a wraith that the cheek scars are like the heat-pits of some species of snakes (pythons, etc) and the wraith use them to aid in seeking prey.
                      Snakes with heat pits can detech prey using infra-red. (as I can attest. Baby royal (ball) python smelt the cold defrosted mouse with his tongue, but he went for the heat source which was holding the mouse - my hand)

But if this is the case, what's up with the eyes? Maybe the heatpits only work up to a certain degree and this wraith had implants or something in his eyes which would explain the shades (which reminded me sorta of Abe Sapien from the Hellboy movie) because when Steve was out in daylight during Suspicion he didn't need shades

Comment

Well, Sateda was considerably colder than most planets we've seen Wraith on (Long Sleeved Warriors)

So it might have something to do with that. Maybe the Wraith eyes get sensitive in cold weather, or they are simply not-as-effective.

Comment

I just thoght that the "hive king" would be an very succesfull tv producer on earth. His reality tv show "runner" would be a huge succes an kick the asses of big brother and so.

Comment

the wraith wearing sunglasses was like the matrix crossed with atlantis style. i thought it was very cool

Comment

Working...
                            X