Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older the wraith, the stronger they are?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older the wraith, the stronger they are?

Are older wraiths much stronger than their younger counterparts?

The wraith on the episode "defiant one" was fairly old and could take a lot of punishment. The old wraith on sateda seems to have no problem beating anybody to a pulp.

I think that there is a heirarchy in terms of types of Wraith. That old Wraith in Sateda may have been like a "king" wraith. We know they have Queens, Keepers, foot soldiers, and commanders. So there may be some kinds of Wraith we haven't seen yet. And this may have been one of them.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Could be. This one in "Sateda" was pretty bad-***!
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Could be. This one in "Sateda" was pretty bad-***!
        That king Wraith reminds me of something though. I know I've seen those shoulder pads somewhere. Ahh, General Chang from Star Trek 6 (The undiscovered country) Very reminiscient.
        Last edited by Freekzilla; 04 August 2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

So, what exactly was he? He was higher than a commander, he had a whole hive ship....

I wish they'd explained him a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            So, what exactly was he? He was higher than a commander, he had a whole hive ship....

I wish they'd explained him a bit more.
            Yeah, he didn't even get a line. I guess were to assume hes one of the very old ones thats managed to rise up the ranks. Least thats what I was thinking.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I think he was a "king" Wraith of sorts. He was sitting on the throne after all. And he was certainly stronger than your run of the mill Wraith. But yeah, this developement does need some explaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                Yeah, he didn't even get a line. I guess were to assume hes one of the very old ones thats managed to rise up the ranks. Least thats what I was thinking.
                Well, he got one line, but he should've gotten more.

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                I think he was a "king" Wraith of sorts. He was sitting on the throne after all. And he was certainly stronger than your run of the mill Wraith. But yeah, this developement does need some explaining.
                So what, he's the type of wraith with whome the Queens breed?

Comment

I got the impression that he was the Wraith's designated "gamemaster" and his personal hive ship was dedicated to hunting down the runners.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    Well, he got one line, but he should've gotten more.

So what, he's the type of wraith with whome the Queens breed?
                    That may be the very case. He seemed to be very well fed. And if I were a Wraith, I wouldn't choose some lackey to mate with. I can't belive I just said that.

Comment

I don't think he was any special new type of Wraith. He didn't really look that different from the other males he was just more fond of the gym and generally more badass. If I had to guess I'd say he's probably left over from the ancient wars before the Wraith got all complacent and lazy. His role in their society now is probably to train future hunters with the runner game.

I don't know about age corrolating to power though. One of the easiest Wraith to kill in the whole series was the hivekeeper from Rising and she would presumably have been older to get into a position of power like that.

Maybe a Wraith get's tougher depending on how hard his life has been. The one in defiant one had a hard life of isolation and he had to kill his own crew who presumably wouldn't have gone easily. This guy here was probably a veteran of many hunts or a veteran of the ancient war since he's running the hunts now and has his own ship.

The hivequeens and keepers by contrast lead a comfortable life, the males tending to all their various needs for them while they just lounge around giving orders. As a result they're soft, frail and more easily killed.

The hivequeen in no mans land/allies was really strong though. She lifted Lourne into the air with one fully extended arm. That could have been spurned on by rage though given what they'd just done to her hive.

Comment

It has been established that the Wraith's regenerative capabilities are directly related to how long it has been since they last had fed.

Perfecto!

Comment

That "hunter ship" hypothesis is nice, this whole episode reminded me of "Predator"

Comment

Given that the Wraith are a "hive" species, it's not far fetched that there are different classes of Wraith. We've already seen Queens, Keepers, Commanders, and the grunts. Now, if you equate the Wraith to say ants, they'd have these types as well. The queen is obvious, but the keepers would be her own sisters, that didn't become queens themselves. The commanders and grunts would be the worker class of ants. The only class left would be the guard/warrior ants. Maybe that was what that "boss/King" Wraith could be equated to. Possible??

Comment

they all look alike to me
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X