This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tau'ri Supergate

I doubt the writers would do that, but wouldn't it be sort of cool if we backwards-engineered the Supergate so that we could build a second one in the Pegasus Galaxy, and move the current one (after we deal with the Ori, of course) closer to Earth?

That way we could easily travel between Galaxies.

I think the supergate is way beyond the tauri, there's no way they'd be able to reverse engineer it.
    Last edited by kirmit; 04 August 2006, 06:45 PM.

Comment

christ even the small ones are beyond us

Comment

We don't even know how to build our own stargates.

I'd like, at least, the writers have the patience not to give the humans the capacity to recreate every bit of technology in Stargate, especially not the Stargate, what the show is all about, you know.

Maybe in several hundred years. I take the team work of the Tollans and Asgards to build one.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Maybe the Asgard could build one in their galaxy, then build one in our galaxy then one in Pegasus and make it a closed gate-network

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn

I'd like, at least, the writers have the patience not to give the humans the capacity to recreate every bit of technology in Stargate, especially not the Stargate, what the show is all about, you know.

Maybe in several hundred years. I take the team work of the Tollans and Asgards to build one.
            I think you mean the Tollan and the Nox..!
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Erm dont they need a black hole to get the thing to work?

F.Y.I. I dont want a black hole anywhere near earth, however how many light years away. To actually get the supergate to open a worm hole and connect to another gate, you need the energy from a black hole or suffiecient source to create the stable link.

Well thats what I think it is......

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn

Considered that the Taollans are whiped out this will be rather difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                  I think you mean the Tollan and the Nox..!
                  Ah, maybe, I don't remember.
                  Anyway, point is that that new gate was the fruit of a dual effort, from two alien advanced races which largely surpassed us.
                  One has never been really kind to help us... in fact both, and the other is destroyed.

It's already a big stretch that the humans jumped so far in high tech.
                  Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 05 August 2006, 09:11 AM.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

yea a fair chunk of it was given to us, or salvaged:

beams, intergalactic hyperdrive, rings, ion drive, etc

Comment

it would be cool to have 2 gates big enough to just have ships passing one way and the other, but it would be way to easy for the show

and someone mentioned it already, doesnt that means there needs to be a blackhole at one of the two ends? which imho isnt going to end well lol

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

tollan built their own gate... so they could possess the tech to build a big one.... But guess what their dead...i hate them... The nox, are all noxy and what not, dont bring them back...I hate them.... The only ones we could work with on this project would be the Asgard, who can zip from one galaxy to another in a few hours or less... They dont need a supergate....

But if they ever do build a closed network of Stargates, they better have a good ass firewall... LOL...Ofcourse the Orii smacking the Iris would make a good wall of fire...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by ViperVin
                          Erm dont they need a black hole to get the thing to work?

F.Y.I. I dont want a black hole anywhere near earth, however how many light years away. To actually get the supergate to open a worm hole and connect to another gate, you need the energy from a black hole or suffiecient source to create the stable link.

Well thats what I think it is......

Theres a naturel one like 30 light years away FYI
                          Resistance is futile...

Comment

not even the tollan could. they needed the nox' help. we're still with sticks and wheels in comparison. maybe the asgard/nox and furlings
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Even if we could, and they did, half the people here would be b*tching about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X