This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Hide and Seek

I was just rewatching "Hide and Seek" and have just gotten past the part where Sheppard is showing Tayla what football is. I'm sure that the Ancients didn't have dvd or vcr's... yet there it is playing on the screen.

My question is... how was it being played?
    -Nightmare-

We can interface to their displays, apparently.

We can apparently interface to some of the controls in the control room by means of laptops, but I'm not sure how.
    sigpic

Comment

I know. But I'm assuming that this football footage is dvd... Kind of unlikely to be on dvd... isn't it?
      -Nightmare-

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredNightmare
        I know. But I'm assuming that this football footage is dvd... Kind of unlikely to be on dvd... isn't it?
        Why not? DVD Recorders are common now.

The probably have a laptop with an Ancient compatable output thingy. (and a dvd player)
        sigpic

Comment

DVDs are small potates compared to Ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by InspiredNightmare
            I was just rewatching "Hide and Seek" and have just gotten past the part where Sheppard is showing Tayla what football is. I'm sure that the Ancients didn't have dvd or vcr's... yet there it is playing on the screen.

My question is... how was it being played?
            It's technology that MacKay brought back from the SGC. Ya see, when Carter was able to interface her windoze operating system and it's electric/computerchip architecture with the crystal/naquadah architecture of the Goa'uld vocume(Rules of Engagement, season 3 or 4), Jack, realizing the potential, got Sam to work out how one might play VHS on the vocume, so that he could watch his tapes of the Simpsons on those long, boring, Daniel's-found-a-library-but-he-can't-take-any-of-the-books-home-because-they're-all-carved-onto-great-stone-pillars-but-the-info-is-vital-to-Earth's-survival planets.

Unfortunately, the interface wouldn't work with VHS - too linear, naquadah kept melting the tape. But DVDs worked just fine. It never got much actual field use because Jack didn't know how to program a DVD.

Or, as one fan on this forum would say: The guys in Atlantis used the HOS(Hollywood Operating System)
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Best not let MS know that they interfaced Windows with Ancient stuff. They'll probably go on a whole new ad campaign about how advanced their lousey productS are.

Comment

LOL that caught me out - I read that MS as Michael Shanks, rather than Microsoft!
                sigpic

Comment

Or, as one fan on this forum would say: The guys in Atlantis used the HOS(Hollywood Operating System) [/QUOTE]

Which is not limited to winblows....HOS is also responsable for that memorable moment where Jeff Goldblum interfaces the MAC OS with an alien civ's computers in the landmark epic, Independance Day.

Is there nothing the MAC can't do?
                  Thanks!
                  Jordan

my page
                  My LJ
                  From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Forget the interface, the guy wrote a freaking virus for an architecture and OS that he doesn't even know.

Comment

Maybe they don't even have to worry about setting up an interface at all. Maybe the Ancients' technology, which is almost infinitely more advanced than ours, can automatically adjust itself and create its own interface to any other form of technology!

Comment

Working...
                      X