This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Teyla Chatter and Resource Thread

This thread is for Teyla fans to chatter as off topic as they want and share their artwork resources, including tutorials, textures, hints and tips.

To post images: [IMG] url [/IMG]
    To post multiple pictures or anything over 700 pixels wide: [Spoiler] content [*/spoiler] (remove asterisk)

My LFP background, I'm quite proud of it.
    Spoiler:

I made it by combining these 3 after I altered the hues to a more greenish colour.
    Spoiler:

From Google search.

Made by experimenting with swirly effects.

Not sure where I got this from,
    Last edited by bella; 03 August 2006, 03:59 AM.

HI Bella...THanks for doing this...this is great...

Okay...now my problem is remembering what the heck I did...LOL..

you should post a copy of the finish product just in case others didn't see it....

Okay..I really liked my last wall of J/T love...and it was something that I was trying to figure out that AG does...screening...well, I don't know if I actually did the screening but this is what I did...

after retouching the pic, erasing Ford in the background....what I did was simply clone the color that is in the background of the pic and then paintbrushed Ford out of the equation...LOL....and then I clarified and I was trying to make Teyla more sharp...but it didn't do it very well...so I played around with different backgrounds..and this is what I came up with....

I used this background texture twice....first as a background and then I layered the pic and then I took the same backdrop, lightened it and VOILA! the effect....I hope this makes sense....
    Spoiler:

here are some great links...
    http://www.dafont.com/
    http://www.grsites.com/textures/
    http://www.basehead.org/
    sigpic

Comment

Great idea bella!!
      Your LFP stuff was gorgeous! I don't think I can say that enough!

I haven't done much with textures before, so this should be fun! Off to see what I can find!

I LOVE dafont.com! Scriptina is one of my favorites (Thanks to Annie!). It works great for a parchment writing effect if you put it in the background and turn down the opacity. I did that in my Hide and Seek WP.
      repost...

I love how the candles turned out, but Teyla got a bit blurry in the resize...
      Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

hi, I was asked how I made these:
        http://www.geocities.com/roguenebulan/sgawalls/

I used the gray background poses from the season 2 promos http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/season2pp.html and made a background that matched pretty closely. for each character I have two layers, one below the pretty screenshot layer that is set to "darken" (for the shadow) and one where the gray is all cut out and it's just the character, that's above the pretty screenshot layer. then I just play around until I like it.

If someone who has photoshop would like to used what I've done, I can put together a PSD of the different characters cut out (save you some work I guess, hehe) send me an email. (changes settings so you can email me through gateworld)

Comment

What are PSDs?
          My biggest problem is 'cutting out' characters or images but I don't use PSP so would they work on PhotoImpression?

Comment

Oh hello... this is cool...

Though, I usually forget how I make stuff. Mostly they're spur of the moment things, which I most likely can't recreate exactly the same a moment later.
            Unless, I write it down step by step, make a sort of tutorial out of it.

Originally posted by bella
            What are PSDs?
            Photoshop-files. They are the kind you use to save your work when you're still working on it, or when you want to change something on a later date.

I was told I could ask a question for a little help on screencapping.

Okay, here goes...

My PowerDVD won't cooperate anymore (won't play any of my DVD's, pictures are all scrambled up, I only get sound) so I play my DVD's in windows media player. I found a little help online about screencapping in wmp, but when I paste the caps in photoshop and save them as .jpg, all I get are black pictures.
            So, anyone out there who can help or can point out a free screencapping software?

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Falcon, the only program I know of that comes with windows that takes screencaps is windows movie maker, which you can load avi files with but not DVDs. there are some other programs you can download, DVDx and Fraps (trying googling them) but I've never worked with them. or you could get a mac... but that's not free, lol.

bella, unfortuantely, I doubt they are compatable. what file extension does photoimpression use? does it have layers? if not... maybe you can tell me about what color back ground you are probably going to use and I can make it look... um close. it won't be exact becuase I used feathering to cut the characters out. do you want all the characters or just specific ones (of the gray background season 2 promos, I mean)

Comment

Falcon I think the black images are some sort of copy protection thing. When I've tried to take screencaps from WMP using the Print Screen button, that's all I get.

Nebulan An plain colour, preferably white would work best. I'm OK with one colour backgrounds, it's when there are a few colours or gradients I have difficulties. I have to go around the whole image with a tiny eraser brush, it takes forever and drives me mad! I use mainly Teyla and Sheppard pics. Thank you.

Comment

Falcon I think the black images are some sort of copy protection thing. When I've tried to take screencaps from WMP using the Print Screen button, that's all I get.
                  Yeah, I know. But according to this dude if you turn something off in the options, you should be able to get some images.

I get images when I paste the cap in a new image in Photoshop but that's as far as I can get it. After that it goes downhill and very wrong.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Nebulan An plain colour, preferably white would work best. I'm OK with one colour backgrounds, it's when there are a few colours or gradients I have difficulties. I have to go around the whole image with a tiny eraser brush, it takes forever and drives me mad! I use mainly Teyla and Sheppard pics. Thank you.
                    I might go ahead and put them on black, white and a gray. I still don't know how well these will work seeing as they have a fuzzy boarder. hmm, I justthought of something, that's gonna be a problem if you want shep and tey to overlap at all. *tries to think of some way to deal with that* got any ideas? btw, what file format do you want them in? .tif?

Comment

Probably.jpeg, that's pretty universal. Although, can you do transparent backgrounds in .gif? Would that work?

Comment

Hey all, I did some research and I found some interesting stuff. first of all, you can download a free try of photoshop CS2 http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/in...otoshop&loc=en it's a 30 day trial. you'll need to register to download, but I've done that and it's pretty simple and don't worry, they don't send you junk.

Second of all, there's a free photoshop-like program that's open source called GIMP http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ and as far as I can tell, can open photoshop documents.

So if you wanna do one of those, I can send you my photoshop document file, if you're interested.

I plan to still do the plain background documents that i'll probably say as .tif files, but they will not allow for overlap I'm afraid Gif could work, but I'm not sure how high of quality I can keep it. but it will still have fuzzy edges (around the character).

anyway, I'll be getting my computer back tonight (installed a new harddrive, )

Edit: I still don't have my computer back, lol. anyway, this is a background I did for a peice of artwork. I don't know if it can be of any use to anyone, but just in case, here it is
                        Spoiler:
                        Last edited by nebulan; 09 August 2006, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Made my first WP using textures! Gotta say THANKS to bella for sharing her awesome LFP one that gave me new ideas!
                          Here's a repost of the wall

And now what I did to make it...
                          Started with a clock texture I found here (for some reason it won't link directly to that page, so you'll have to click on "textures" in the vertical gold bar toward the left side of the page)
                          http://www.desktopanime.com/resources.php
                          There are a few other textures there as well. I altered the color to make it a bit more blue. Then I just took two other pics of Teyla and cropped them in different ways to get the little pics. I put an "outer glow" as Photoshop calls it around them. On top of all of these layers I put another water texture I found at http://www.grsites.com and turned down the opacity. Hopefully my next one will look just as good!
                          Sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Couple of icons I made (spoiler cut):

Spoiler:

I got the masking brushes for these from meleada, and then I got some brushes from iiokua, cos LJ is the easiest place to find stuff and I used them to edit the masks a bit, to get that poky jagged edge bits and the dots. ^.^ I overlayed a colour in the white spaces to get that coloured effect, although I think I did like three for the one with only Teyla in it.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Thanks.

*goes off browsing with lots of new ideas*

Comment

Working...
                              X