Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculations on Future Plot Devices (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculations on Future Plot Devices (spoilers)

Spoilers for possibly all of Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Sg-1
    I've been thinking about what Atlantis is going to do when the Wraith eventually come to attack the city. I've been trying to think of ways it might come about by making comparisons to SG-1.

Threats against the Atlantis will be needed in this show as was threats against Earth needed in SG-1. In SG-1 the Goa-uld came and attacked Earth at the end of Season 1 because we pissed off Apophis. No doubt we have made the Wraith plenty upset by now. I would guess that by the end of the season, probably the finale, there will be Wraith ships poised to attack Atlantis.

Now of course SG-1 kicked some Apohpis butt and saved the day. But of course defeating a full scale Wraith assault with a few puddle jumpers isn't going to go over well. Obviously they will need to find a ZPM or some other power source to get the Atlantis shield operational. The recording stated that the shield held for years before hey abandoned the surface. There could very well be a race to get the shield on as the Wraith are racing to the attack.

This shield could be an important plot device to keeping the city safe, as we cannot have it attacked in every episode. Earth eventually had their treaty with the Asgard to keep Earth safe for a few seasons as it would have been silly to have them not attacked while being completely vulnerable and killing off Goa'ulds. But of course eventually Earth needed to be in danger again so they gradually tore apart the treaty until Anubis finally shredded the final pieces and attacked. Eventually the Wraith will get by the shield and in time Atlantis will find another way of stopping an invasion.

Just random thoughts on my mind...
    Games 'n Stuff

I'm hoping for an all-out Wraith assault on Atlantis, but I think it might be way to early in the series for something like that. Maybe the team infiltrates a Wraith stronghold, no wait a minute, they did that in the premiere.

Assuming the Wraith find out about Atlantis, what about a seige type scenario on the city?
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor
      Obviously they will need to find a ZPM or some other power source to get the Atlantis shield operational. The recording stated that the shield held for years before hey abandoned the surface. ..

True, the Ancients' shield did help them, but that was a LONG, LONG time ago. One worry I have is that in all the millennia (eons?) since the Ancients were around and using the shield against the Wraith, I think it may be safe to assume that the Wraith have made some technological advancements and may now have weapons capable of easily penetrating Atlantis' very "ancient" shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus

True, the Ancients' shield did help them, but that was a LONG, LONG time ago. One worry I have is that in all the millennia (eons?) since the Ancients were around and using the shield against the Wraith, I think it may be safe to assume that the Wraith have made some technological advancements and may now have weapons capable of easily penetrating Atlantis' very "ancient" shield.
        The wraith hibernate for hundreds of years at a time. I don't think they saw a need to develop their technology any further than it was already.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to watch the Wraith get shot with those big guns...you know...the ones that make things explode?

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
            I'd like to watch the Wraith get shot with those big guns...you know...the ones that make things explode?
            Or even better, Anubis's superweapon. Pity we destroyed it.

Imagine being the target of the weapon that blows up your planet.
            sigpic

Comment

What a way to wake up in the morning. Those poor, blue...rather ugly Wraith. =/

Comment

Working...
              X