This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering hyperspace in reverse

Anybody wonder what would if you went into hyperspace backwards?
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Yes...I wonder.

But I don't pretend to guess.

"Nu Ani Anquiatus."

Comment

Uh...you'd enter hyperspace maybe?
      Depending on if hyperdrive relies on sublight engines to push through the conduit, or whether the hyperdrive itself pushes itself throgh. If you required the engines, you would need to have your engines (assuming standard action-reaction engines) facing opposite the direction you wanted to travel.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

you'd travel in the direction your engines are firing, without regard to the front of the ship.

Comment

*cues up Coldplay's "The Scientist"*

(it's the song with the video that goes in reverse if you didn't get that)^^^

haha! Now I've made the joke akward by explaining it! Hooray me!
          MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
          Spoiler:
          Snape kills Dumbledore
          Spoiler:
          Darth Vader is Luke's Father
          Spoiler:
          Rosebud is a sled
          Spoiler:
          Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
          Spoiler:
          The planet of the apes is actually Earth
          Spoiler:
          The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
          Spoiler:
          Clark Kent is Superman
          Spoiler:
          What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

This makes me wonder.

When 304's go into reverse thrust. . . . do they beep?

Comment

short range transmitter:

"-beep-beep-beep- caution, this battlecruiser is reversing -beep-beep-beep-" (like the securicor vans)

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
                *cues up Coldplay's "The Scientist"*

(it's the song with the video that goes in reverse if you didn't get that)^^^

haha! Now I've made the joke akward by explaining it! Hooray me!

Um...ok yeah your offically the most awesome person in the world!
                McKay:...ZedPM
                O'Neill: Zed?
                Jackson: He's Canadian
                O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

If we're going to install a "backing" warning, we might as well install a break-in alarm for those times when intruders try to board or steal the 304's.

"You are too close to the battlecruiser. Back away or immediate action will be taken. This is your last warning. *railguns*"

Comment

Oh i couldnt resist so i made a n00by bc reversing track ! here
                    Matthew
                    Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

Sorry, had to one-up you...

Caldwell's Console: http://www.coldcatstudios.org/Stargate/BCEnglish.wav
                      Hermiod's Console: http://www.coldcatstudios.org/Stargate/BCAsgard.wav

Comment

Heh, where did you get that reverse beep? i looked for one.. coudlnt find

Very good btw!
                        Matthew
                        Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

the 'this battlecruiser is reversing' one is the best

can someone make one with a voice that sounds less like stephen hawking though?

Comment

its possible just use reverse thrusters and put the hyperspace window backwards easy.
                            sigpic

Comment

B5 jumps are like a window into hypersace but they couldn't go 2 way so chances are that it's not possible! and u would just blow up and fall apart or just go boom, boom, boom!

Now in use. pps is at 4,929 Terawatts
                              pps = power per second
                              The power that power's the great cities of the Ancients.
                              xfire = zpm
                              [m2k] klan, and forever will be.
                              http://m2kclan.com
                              vent info: voice250.hurricanehost.com
                              port: 3785
                              P90>M4A1+AK47+Machine Gun
                              halo player and cs:s, cs:1.6, cz, cod2.
                              Save Stargate NOW!!!- http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Working...
                              X