This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah. Oops.

Well, hopefully they'll blow it up sooner than later. I mean, with the spaceships and the stargate, and now the time jumper, we pretty much have our own TARDIS.

Not fair to the baddies.

Comment

Nah, I don't want to see them wrap up this storyline in such a cheap way.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The idea reminds me of a couple of ST: Voyager episodes
        What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
        I made a big decision a little while ago.
        I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
        That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
        Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
        Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
        Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
        Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
        And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

If the Alterrans had never left the Ori galaxy, we would never have been born. Bad idea. Do not meddle with ancient history, because chances are, you'll screw something up... badly.

Comment

Theoretically in another universe the Ancients are still around, and in one of those there willing to share technology, so why not try and find one of those reaities? With the help of the Asguard

Comment

I will be extremly poed if they deal with the Ori that way. I like eth AU episodes and time travel I think those were some of the best episodes. However the Ori are a major threat and I would think their is a better way. I forget who said it but they were right when they said all it would dois it would create an alternate timeline. I hope and think there would bbe a better way.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The only way I could see it happening like that is if they suddenly found out the series was not being renewed and they had to deus ex machina some lame ending to avoid leaving everyone hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
                  I just thought about something...they still have the Time Jumper (It's Good To Be The King, Mobius) So no matter what...if worst comes to worst they can go back and stop themselfs from activating the Ancient Communication Divice and exposing themselves to the Ori
                  I don't know about that. I think the Ori transcend time like the Ancients. They probably exist beyond all of those multiple universes, and therefore, jumping back in time would have no effect on the Ori. (I think the Ancients were actively disguising themselves, and now that the Ori have found them, no amount of time skipping will change it.
                  : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
                  : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                    The only way I could see it happening like that is if they suddenly found out the series was not being renewed and they had to deus ex machina some lame ending to avoid leaving everyone hanging.
                    I don't even see it then because they have said that they have halted production until they know wheter or not to do a series or season finale. When it is known and god forbid this be the last year they will find a way to have a smash bang great ending to the show! Lets just hope thats not for another year or three!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

The SG-1 we're watching now isn't the same SG-1 we had been watching previously. We're now in a different alternate reality because of what the alternate SG-1 did.
                      As Jack would put it... For crying out loud, the SG-1 we have now is the same SG-1 as before. That has been stated by TPTB. Jack was just a bad fisherman and never caught anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                        As Jack would put it... For crying out loud, the SG-1 we have now is the same SG-1 as before. That has been stated by TPTB. Jack was just a bad fisherman and never caught anything.

The only problem is, it doesn't work logically. Of course, TPTB haven't been enormously concerned with logic lately. I think they thought "Moebius" would be a "fun" idea--and never bothered to think the problems through.

(Besides, even if Jack never caught anything, are we to assume that in all those years, he never even *saw* a fish in the pond? Because he says the same thing in 2010.)

Either, you have time travel in which you stay in the same reality, or you create a new reality every time you do anything. If it's the latter, then it makes no sense that the dorky SG1 could go back to the Egypt that our team went back to--because they are a different reality and would require a quantum mirror, not just a time jumper. And if the reality splits off at each change, then the team we see at the end cannot be the team we started with.

However, if it is a linear time travel situation--our team goes back, makes a change that changes their own future, then goes back and changes it again to get back to the original time line--we have a different problem: if dorky SG1 goes back and changes it so that the original team never goes back, then the warning tape is never created and so, the team will go back--and create the changes and the tape, which will send the dorky team back, which will eliminate the tape and therefore the original team will go back yet again. Over and over, ad infinitum. They will be caught in an endless loop.

Which, of course, is what a Moebius strip is: an endless loop with only one side.

J.
                        "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Interesting article
                          http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4097258.stm

I say we should all just assume that the time stream is linear. In a sense you can't "create" another reality they're already there, you have to travel to them. By affecting your own realities timeline doesn't create a new reality

I guess it comes down to the question of whether realities rely on time or time rellies on realities.

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
                            I just thought about something...they still have the Time Jumper (It's Good To Be The King, Mobius) So no matter what...if worst comes to worst they can go back and stop themselfs from activating the Ancient Communication Divice and exposing themselves to the Ori
                            doesnt it only work in jumps of a cupple hundred years or more?
                            if they waited that long the Ori might have already found the puddle jumper.

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

I thought they destroyed it? or something... I dont remember it to clearly... but surely the puddle jumper was sitting in that spot for probably 5000 years, and then was left in Egypt for 5000 years, and then was left in egypt again for 5000 years, this time being shot at and i doubt the time travel device still works... but hey, who knows...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Well Atlantis sat under water for thousands of years, so we know ancient tech was built to last, but still... that's a very good point Metonic.
                                What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                                I made a big decision a little while ago.
                                I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                                That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                                Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                                Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                                Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                                Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                                And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Working...
                                X