Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: The Bringer of War - Fan Film (Darkness Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate: The Bringer of War - Fan Film (Darkness Thread)

Hey Guys,

Last year I started a thread talking about the Launch of my website for a fan film called Stargate:The Bringer of War Now what I am bringing you here is a little Off topic, but then it's slightly on topic in that what I am about to show you relats to my fan film. before I ventured into making a fan film I decided to make an original film of my own. One that was smaller in scale, but could test out my skills as a film maker and also show people what I can do in the hopes I could garner help in my fan film venture. The help I am really looking for in the fan film is the likes of Art Department stuff like props, costumes, sets, post production animation, model building etc. There are a lot of talented fans out there, but of course they cannot help in every fan film. However hopefully Darkness will show you the quality of film I can produce. The Film is available to watch on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NixUM5ieKN0

The film has turned out a little bit Darker (with regards to image brightness) in the upload to YouTube so apolgies on that side of things.

I hope when you guys see this you:
    1)Get excited about seeing a Stargate fan film produced by me

and/or

2) Have a talented skill you could donate to the production.

Let me know what you think.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
    from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Darkness ROCKS!!! Just wish I had some kinda practical skill I could offer. Alas, all my skills are on the more airy-fairy side of things...
    Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Anise! If I can put the same production value into a SG fan film should be a wee gem!

Comment

Very good quality work. How would you pay for costumes and special effects?

I write scripts and am working on a virtual series called Stargate Genesis. You can read my work on the Fan Fiction Thread. My work is writen under Patricia Stewart. Are you looking for writers?
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

fantastic film Indy!

I take it the props you showed me were for this film then?
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yes very good work. How did you do all the effects? What program did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              fantastic film Indy!

I take it the props you showed me were for this film then?
              Hey Susan, yeah the props I had at the bar were the ones we used for the film. We shot those inserts that week.

Artic Goddess - I already have a script penned for the Stargate Fan Film. It's about 140 pages long and will need to be trimmed a bit. Susan said she was reading it.

WraithWarrior - All of the editing tricks were done in the edit suite, Final Cut pro. But those were the only effects done in post-production. Everything else was achieved on the day. if thats what you were asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                WraithWarrior - All of the editing tricks were done in the edit suite, Final Cut pro. But those were the only effects done in post-production. Everything else was achieved on the day. if thats what you were asking?
                Thanks, I just wanted to know as Im planning on making a film (horror) soon and just wondered about the effects and editing program you used

Thaks again

Comment

Indy - you never did send it back to me!

Remember I told you my comp died and I lost the copy you'd sent me? You never got back to me.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh bugger Suz! Just posted it off to you now. Hopefully you'll get it ok

Comment

That video was so cool! I'd love to be able to beable to do something like that! Or get involved in something like that.
                      Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                      The Strongest Will Survive!
                      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Working...
                      X