This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want the book of Origin!

I'm not sure where to put this (In Season 10, or General Discusion) But since this is an Ori related Topic i thought it would get most replys/views here.

Anyways i am wondering.

Have the writers/producers of stargate actually drawn out a draft of the of The Ori religious Holy book; The Book of Origin (To an extent) or just make up the contents up as they go along each episode?

Have they made the book important in relation to keeping the Ori as a grounded "religion" in context with the actual Ori social character arc or just a chance to say some cool words of wisdom)

Obviously they probly havn't done a whole book, but i wonder if they have made them intresting sentences and examples of storys for it in advance to keep the book as an "important item", not just a prop.

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question.
    Last edited by *Crash*; 17 March 2006, 01:58 PM.
    I Have Information...

I'm not actually sure, they've got the props for the Books of Origin (with the Doci & Priors) but I'm not sure if they have an actual book with all the religious text in it. They've probably done some research, & joted a few quotes & metaphors down to use & improvise upon. I doubt they'd have an actual book, as that would be difficult & time consuming, so I'd have to go with No, for now.

Comment

If anything, I'm of the opinion that TPTB will continue to follow and relate back to what they've already given us so far about content in the Book Of Origin. I don't personally think they've written a whole lot out in advance. If anything, I believe they will just continue to add to it as called for.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i want the book of origin !
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

yeah me too but in the small samples the priors dole out I noticed something...

the phrases are very cryptic BUT enlightened as well. It's kind of a paradox, the Ori want the power from their followers but hand out phrases of awakening left and right. Kind of weird.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
            i want the book of origin !
            Me too! They should print excerpts of it in every issue of Stargate Magazine.

Comment

Pehaps we could find some texts that cotradict the book of Origin at somepoint. That would be interesting...
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Zex_Suik
                yeah me too but in the small samples the priors dole out I noticed something...

the phrases are very cryptic BUT enlightened as well. It's kind of a paradox, the Ori want the power from their followers but hand out phrases of awakening left and right. Kind of weird.
                I think that the creulty of it is that it only sounds awakening and enlightening. The actual words themselves and the sayings that we've heard are designed to close minds, not open them.
                sigpic

Comment

Quotations from the Book of Origin:

"Those who seek the path to enlightenment must not be led astray."

"Those who abandon the path are evil."

"Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."

"As he lay there dying in the sun, the sands of the desert all around him, Petris spoke to the rock. Not with his lips, but with his mind. And the rock wept tears of fresh water. And his thirst was quenched"

"Then to Tyolus: say to the people of the low plains, seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house."

And then there's another one, something like: "Those who do not submit to the will of the Ori will be laid low and made unto dust"

Comment

There are some quotes and parables in wiki from the Book of Origin (about half way down the page)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ori_%28Stargate%29
                    I Have Information...

Comment

Here's the list from Wikipedia:

"Hallowed are the children of the Ori."

"Those who reject the path to enlightenment must be destroyed."

"Those who seek the path to enlightenment must not be led astray!"

"Glorious are the Ori, who lead us to salvation, who did fight the evil that would doom us all to mortal sin. Did they defeat the old spirits and cast them out? And now, with the strength of our will, they do call upon us to prevail against the corruption of all unbelievers."

"Fear not the Ori, fear the darkness that would conceal the knowledge of the universe. Believe in the truth of all things, and you too may find the path to enlightenment."

"Guide us on the path that we may triumph over the enemy of our salvation and be with you in the end of ends on the planes of enlightenment."

"Those who abandon the path are evil."

"And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgment, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true."

"Life and death, light and darkness, hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born."

"The hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast!"

"Consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair."

"The souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: 'Sleep, for the end draws near!' And on that day all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low."

"Those who follow the path of righteousness shall be raised up high."

"Ours is not to question, but to rejoice in their service, for they are perfection."

"Priors are beacons on the road to enlightenment."

"Pity not the blind man, for he is hindered not by the visions of this world, but rather pity yourselves, for he will see the light before you do."

"The book of Origin tell us that enemies of the Ori will show no mercy in their attempt to lead us astray from the true path"

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made into dust."

"Then to Tyolus: say to the people of the low plains, seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house."

"As he lay there, dying in the sun, the sand of desert all around him, Petris spoke to the rock, not with his lips, but with his mind, and the rock wept tears of fresh water and his thirst was quenched."

"When Hannor Mir fell from above and learned to fly on the way down, that was a miracle."

"Amica strayed from the path of enlightenment. He was forgiven, and was allowed back on the path."

"Egidius of Valdair needed to speak things that could only be spoken in the light of the fire."

"Adelenus chose to hunt the lion and was eaten by his prey."

"The Ori fought the Alterans, to save their followers."

Thanks for that *Crash* - nice find

Comment

No problem, atually that Article on Wiki made me wonder about this question in the first place.
                        I Have Information...

Comment

Has anyone ever heard of Origen?

How about that maybe the Ori are represented as Demons (remember, different plane of existence than the Ancients)...? Plus they are fire.

How about that the Ancients are represented as Angels? All our Ascended Ancients appear in a warm white glow (like Oma, Chaya, and Daniel).

Mattathias

Comment

Maybe that's just the way they choose to represent themselves....

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                              Has anyone ever heard of Origen?

How about that maybe the Ori are represented as Demons (remember, different plane of existence than the Ancients)...? Plus they are fire.

How about that the Ancients are represented as Angels? All our Ascended Ancients appear in a warm white glow (like Oma, Chaya, and Daniel).

Mattathias
                              That's because the Lantiens, who returned from the Pegasis Galaxy, found Earth in the Greek/Roman Times & influenced our religion & thought to there beliefs. Alternas=Good=Light=Angels/Heaven & Ori=Bad=Fire=Demons/Hell.
                              So, the writers have infact, explained most of todays religions.

On a note, fire isn't always destrucive is it? It also gives warmth & cooks food, therefore rids us of germs.

Comment

Working...
                              X