This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many ZPMS power Atlantis?

I always thought there was just 1. Then again how could they and why would they dial Earth so many times.

I read somewhere in this forum its powered by 3 ZPMs. I've watched every episode and i dont recall them finding any more ZPMs.

Atlantis is supposed to run on 3 ZPMs, but we only got 1.

Comment

Hello Pogo01 and welcome to the forum.

There's actually alot of thread regarding this topic try search.
      sigpic

Comment

lol yeah i've been reading this forum for a month or so. I only recently registered and started posting.

Comment

First off let me say welcome! Great to see new people. Anyway, to run Atlantis at full power they would need 3 full charged ZPMS. That would enable full power distribution in city having all secondary and primary systems opporational except the shield as running in constintly would rapidly drain the ZPMS. It would also enable the Star Drive enableing the city to fly and we could move Atlantis somewhere the Wraith didn't know about. But for now 1 ZPM is enough to allow us to dial Earth and have most systems opprorational and enable the shield or cloak as needed.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

As said above Atlantis is at full power when there's three Zpm's plugged in, however it can take many more zpm's if needed. The ancient chair is just a run of the mill standard ancient weapons defence chair with zpm port at its base.

Comment

Are you sure it has a port at its base its connected to the rest of atlantis so it might just pull power from the zpm running the city i think we made a way to hook the generator up to it.
              sigpic

Comment

One ZPM can run the city but it will deplete much quicker cause of all the systems. It doesn't help that fact that they dial Earth so many times as far as i know doing this takes 100 years power from the ZPM and with the Wraith draining the power when they attacked the one ZPM can't do much good so what about the Asurans?

Comment

Isn't 2 running atlantis!!
                  I HATE SY-FY

Comment

1 ZPM runs atlantis at the moment. They need three. The ancient control chair is run by a separate zpm.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by nerus
                      One ZPM can run the city but it will deplete much quicker cause of all the systems. It doesn't help that fact that they dial Earth so many times as far as i know doing this takes 100 years power from the ZPM and with the Wraith draining the power when they attacked the one ZPM can't do much good so what about the Asurans?
                      Where did you get the 100 years from?

Comment

1 ZPM can power Atlantis in its current state. However, if they wanted to run the shield, stardrive, or anything else together, they would need 3.

To put it in simple terms... 1 ZPM can supply enough power, but there is no other ZPM's providing amperage (holding and sustaining power) to keep the first from depleting. It would die out very quickly.

When the wraith hives were firing at the city and hitting the shield, Rodney said the ZPM would be depleted in a matter of days right? Well, if they had 2 more ZPM's providing amperage, then the shield might have held indefinitely.

Comment

needs 3
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil
                            1 ZPM can power Atlantis in its current state. However, if they wanted to run the shield, stardrive, or anything else together, they would need 3.

To put it in simple terms... 1 ZPM can supply enough power, but there is no other ZPM's providing amperage (holding and sustaining power) to keep the first from depleting. It would die out very quickly.

When the wraith hives were firing at the city and hitting the shield, Rodney said the ZPM would be depleted in a matter of days right? Well, if they had 2 more ZPM's providing amperage, then the shield might have held indefinitely.
                            I love your theory i really do

Comment

Let me get this straight. Just to clear it up for myself. THey got the ZPM they're using now form the MOEBIUS episodes right? Thats what i think at least. Did they say it was fully charged or half charged or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X