Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 468693949596
Results 1,901 to 1,905 of 1905

Default Re: Ask the Authors (Fandemonium)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I occasionally quote your blog on this forum (since you post the odd bit of Stargate tie-in news there) and I was wondering if you're okay with that. If you'd prefer I not do that in the future, please let me know and I'll cease & desist henceforth.
    I don't mind in the least, as long as you cite me and my blog as the source.

Your story in the X-Files anthology was, hands down, the best of the bunch (even with the incorrect date stamp on the first page ). I would love to read an entire X-Files novel written by you.
    Thank you! BTW, the date was correct in my manuscript. Someone somewhere down the line changed it for no compellingly good reason. If nothing else, leaving aside the internal dating of the XF episodes, there's also the reference to the historical event (the murder of Selena, which happened in 1995). I have no idea what happened there.

I'm listening to the Dragon Precinct audiobook now (I read the actual book years ago) and the British narrator is excellent. He really adds a flavor to the text that I guess I may've neglected to notice when reading it in my head. The story and characters are still just as enjoyable the second time around!
    Thanks so much! I'm hoping to have Mermaid Precinct, the fifth novel in the series, out this fall.

And finally, I'm really looking forward to reading A Furnace Sealed whenever it gets released. I know you're working on it when your schedule permits it; I'm just anxious to read the sucker! No pressure, though.
    Thank you again! Hoping to get it done this month, actually.....
    Keith R.A. DeCandido
    [email protected]
    www.decandido.net
    decandido.wordpress.com
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    1.) Any favorite era of either series that you prefer writing in?
    Nah, they're all fun for different reasons.

2.) Any favorite iteration of the SG teams that you like working with in a story?
    Same answer, though "Sun-Breaker" has me itching to write more Carter-on-the-Hammond stories....

3.) Any characters that you enjoy writing the "voices" of in a story?
    All of them -- in particular one of the joys of Kali's Wrath was the shift in tone depending on who's POV we were in, from O'Neill's free-wheeling style to Jackson's more verbose, academic, yet snarky style, to Carter's more polite style, to Teal'c's ultra-formality. Plus also the different POVs of Kali, Patel, and the Thakka.

4.) Any characters that you tend to avoid using, for whatever reason?
    Not yet.

5.) Many of you have written more than one tie-in story in the Stargate universe -- do you try to insert any particular characters (original or canon) into all of your SG stories? Example: a character named Lt. Lou Tennent is featured in the background of all of your stories, even if it's just a one line cameo.
    Well, I have a tropism for Carter and Teal'c. Not sure why that is. I also like seeing the greater tapestry of the SGC, though there are limits as to how much of that we can do...

6.) Piggy-backing on that question: is there any attempts at continuity between your own SG stories (Example: one of your novels references the events of one of your other novels) and/or the works of other Fandemonium authors (Example: since your novel and Writer X's novel are both set in Season Four, you throw in a brief allusion to something that occurred in Writer X's story)? I know this is sometimes discouraged in tie-in fiction and was just wondering if there are any Easter eggs we should keep our eyes out for.
    Not yet, though you can assume the unnamed XO of the Hammond in "Sun-Breaker" is Franklin from the Legacy books.
    Keith R.A. DeCandido
    [email protected]
    www.decandido.net
    decandido.wordpress.com
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Thanks for the replies, krad.

Quote Originally Posted by krad View Post
    I don't mind in the least, as long as you cite me and my blog as the source.
    Thank you. I always cite you when quoting and try to include a link to your blog whenever possible.

Thank you! BTW, the date was correct in my manuscript. Someone somewhere down the line changed it for no compellingly good reason. If nothing else, leaving aside the internal dating of the XF episodes, there's also the reference to the historical event (the murder of Selena, which happened in 1995). I have no idea what happened there.
    Sorry if I implied that you were responsible for the dating error -- most of the stories in that anthology were incorrectly dated on their first pages. In fact, in your story, Mulder and Scully watch a surveillance video with the correct date stamp given, so clearly the mistake wasn't on your end.

Thanks so much! I'm hoping to have Mermaid Precinct, the fifth novel in the series, out this fall.
    I look forward to reading it!

Thank you again! Hoping to get it done this month, actually.....

Quote Originally Posted by krad View Post
    Not yet, though you can assume the unnamed XO of the Hammond in "Sun-Breaker" is Franklin from the Legacy books.
    Cool connection. I love it when tie-in stories sneak in little nods to other tie-in stories like this. Thanks for the info!

Probie

Question Re: Ask the Authors (Fandemonium)

I really enjoyed the Apocalypse series, but I was left with some big questions after Hecate explained her devious plan... Hecate wiped out SG-1. Earth was destroyed by Apophis. Then the Wraith showed up flying Atlantis. So, Hecate went back and had SG-1 sent 98 years into the future, so she could use Jack to fly Atlantis for her.

1) How did the Wraith fly Atlantis to earth to begin with?
    2) How did Hecate know that Jack had the Ancient gene?
    3) How did she arrange for past-time Hecate to have SG-1 sent precisely into the future?
    4) On the whole - admittedly devastated - Earth, there weren't any other people with the Ancient gene? Grabbing one or more of those people would be a whole lot easier than time travel to get SG-1.

Confused.

Thanks, Don