This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith vs Ori?

So who do you think would win in a battle between the Ori and the Wraith? Remember, the Wraith defeated the Ancients, the beings that Ascended. However, the Ori already are Ascended, and their ships and Priors are powered by the Will of the Ori. Personally, I love both villains, and while I hope the Wraith could give the Ori a run for their money, seeing how the Ori warships tore through our galaxy's combined firepower makes me think they could very well do the same to the Wraith - despite the Wraith's VAST numbers.

I think if the Wraith ran into the Ori, they would unify to fight the threat... after all, the Ori are something that are to be feared... while the Tau'ri can barely cloak Atlantis and hide from the Wraith!

Ori vs Wraith

Comment

I thnk there are like 3 threads like this one. I know I started one a few weeks ago.

My bet is, if you put all of the wraith ships against those 4 Ori ships, the wraith would win. Sure they'd lose tons of ships, but they'd still wear down the Ori ships eventually.

Now, if you have a 1:1 ratio, the wraith wouldn't stand a chance. You'd have to have atleast 5 wraith hive ships to every Ori ship, at the least.

I still say that Earth SHOULD pick a fight between the Wraith and the Ori. Atleast it would keep both of them out of our hair for the time being.
      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

`10$ fir the ori here

Comment

Well, the smart money would be on the Ori. Although, there is a chance that having fought the ancients the Wraith could know of a weakness in their shields/technology that we don't.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
          My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

I personally go for the ori without a doubt. People say the wraith could overwhelm the ori with their numbers but the ori have a whole galaxy of followers fighting for them and building ships for them and then they have any worlds they take over in the milkyway. I don't see any way the wraith could win.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
              I personally go for the ori without a doubt. People say the wraith could overwhelm the ori with their numbers but the ori have a whole galaxy of followers fighting for them and building ships for them and then they have any worlds they take over in the milkyway. I don't see any way the wraith could win.
              Ya, but do they have a galaxy of ships to use? We've only seen 4 ships as of yet. I seriously wonder how many ships the Ori have. If they had many, they would have sent them through the supergate the first chance they had, but instead, the newly built ships went through. That suggests that the Ori don't have many ships, yet. The ships that came through the supergate could be the first of many, but the only ones currently in operation. Do you see where I am coming from? They didn't really have a need for ships either before, so it could be a new thing for them.
              So, if that's true and only those four ships exist, then the Wraith would win. Remember, the Wraith had about 60 hive ships just in the part of the galaxy that Atlantis was in. So they probably have atleast that many in each of the other four quadrants of the galaxy. That would mean they'd have 240 ships in total, minus the ones that have been destroyed lately. If that's the case, think about it, 200+ ships against 4? The Ori would become dinner. But I think it would take a great deal of the Wraith ships to do it.

Comment

it's already been said that there are possibly hundreds of ori ships being built or already built, something like six per village, several villages per world and a few dozen worlds, I just think as there hasn't been no threat to them yet the ori havent sent anymore through, when we start blowing them up I guess they'll be coming through in the doezens.

Comment

The Ori are ascended beings, hence their knowledge is vastly superior to that of the pre-ascended Ancients. So it follows that their technology is also superior. By saying that the Wraith can overpower the Ori with their numbers, the way they did with the Ancients, is baseless.

We have yet to fully comprehend the power of the Ori through their technology. The battle at the Supergate was just a glimpse of their awesome power and superiority, nothing more.

Comment

Wraith nuff said! Ori maybe ascended but their technology is nowhere near that of the Alterans. Just because they're ascended doesn't mean they can improve their tech cuz ascension doesn't work that way.

Ori and Alteran aka ancients same race but different in many aspect in their belief.

One of the ancients that evacuted from Atlantis(during the siege) was able to create a weapon capable of destroying ascended beings.

Comment

sarc
                      So basically you are saying the Wraith are pushovers and total chumps? You make it sound as if the Ori are unbeatable. If they are that unbeatable then earth should just convert now and get it over with.

You know what, I'm not even gonna argue with you. You obviously are convinced that the Ori are the end all be all of bad guys and no one can defeat them and you're not about to even consider anything else. As far as you are concerned, you are right and everone else is wrong. But go ahead, you are entitled to your opinion. I just happen to disagree that it would be as easy as you say it is for the Ori to defeat the wraith. Just to demonstrate what I'm pointing out. Think about the Vietnam war. The US had VASTLY superior technologies and could wipe the floor with the Viet Cong/NVA in a battle. Yet, the US lost that war. Why? Because the VC/NVA just kept coming. No matter how much the US destroyed, the VC/NVA always had more to replace the losses. Superior technology doesn't always guarantee victory. All throughout history there have been upsets when it seemed that one side had no chance.
                      And for you to say that what I said was baseless is insulting. Atleast I analyzed things completely.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        it's already been said that there are possibly hundreds of ori ships being built or already built, something like six per village, several villages per world and a few dozen worlds, I just think as there hasn't been no threat to them yet the ori havent sent anymore through, when we start blowing them up I guess they'll be coming through in the doezens.
                        I dunno, Ascended or not you have to have the resources. I'm betting there are only 10 or so Ori warships... I mean, how many can your followers build in a single year? They were slaving away making the Ori battleships since Daniel and Vala appeared in the Ori Galaxy, so even 8 to 10 ships would be a damn good number, considering you can't even pierce the shields!

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                          Think about the Vietnam war. The US had VASTLY superior technologies and could wipe the floor with the Viet Cong/NVA in a battle. Yet, the US lost that war. Why? Because the VC/NVA just kept coming. No matter how much the US destroyed, the VC/NVA always had more to replace the losses. Superior technology doesn't always guarantee victory.
                          Actually, the reason we lost was because the people back home didn't support the war (as well as our own government nearing the end). For example, we should have been constantly carpet bombing the border between Vietnam and China, but the US government decided we shouldn't "incite" the Chinese even though they were constantly arming the Viet Cong.

In case of the Wraith/Ancients, you are right... there were just too many Wraith to be able to fight, and the Ancients didn't really do a great job fighting, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                            Wraith nuff said! Ori maybe ascended but their technology is nowhere near that of the Alterans. Just because they're ascended doesn't mean they can improve their tech cuz ascension doesn't work that way.

Ori and Alteran aka ancients same race but different in many aspect in their belief.

One of the ancients that evacuted from Atlantis(during the siege) was able to create a weapon capable of destroying ascended beings.
                            No actually the Alterans were later called the Ancients. They were once one culture, like over 50million years ago...I dont think after 50 million years they could be called the same, thats like saying us and Dinosaurs are essentially the same which would be wrong in every possible way!

Plus you dont just "learn" everything when you ascend, just its "all out there" for you to find and if you cant die and can float around it makes it a whole lot easier to find!

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                            Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                            the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                            Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                            The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by Harekin
                              Plus you dont just "learn" everything when you ascend, just its "all out there" for you to find and if you cant die and can float around it makes it a whole lot easier to find!
                              Indeed. Being what they are, I doubt the Ori will have advanced much at all since ascending.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                              My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Working...
                              X