This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus Project

Ok, so the nearly impossible was done and a regular gate connected to a supergate. I have a question, wont the MW gate eventually be destroyed by the black hole?

Eventually.

But with the effects of the black hole's gravity on the local time/space around the stargate, it almost certainly will not be destroyed within the lifetime of any of the characters on the show.

Comment

Exactly!!! Future story plot... just like the replicater arc...

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
        Eventually.

But with the effects of the black hole's gravity on the local time/space around the stargate, it almost certainly will not be destroyed within the lifetime of any of the characters on the show.
        Oh thats right, time dilation. Forgot about that. I just thought of this, can the connection be used to send messages to the SGC?

Comment

The Milkyway side, specifically the Supergate, appears to be quite some distance from it's corresponding Blackhole as there does not appear to be any time dialation on the Milkyway side. The time dialation references in the episode apply specifically to the Pegasus side.

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
            The Milkyway side, specifically the Supergate, appears to be quite some distance from it's corresponding Blackhole as there does not appear to be any time dialation on the Milkyway side. The time dialation references in the episode apply specifically to the Pegasus side.
            Actually no they don't. If they had Teal'C would have had a high squeeky voice due to his time passing faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
              There is no black hole on that side, it doesn't need one. One the gate that dials into the other needs the extra power provided by the blackhole to keep the wormhole open. Before, the Ori powered the Supergate withe a BH in their own galaxy.

Comment

Actually in camelot, they mention that they found the Chappa'cove because a Free Jaffa ship spotted a blackhole or atleast the gravity from one.
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowApollo
                  There is no black hole on that side, it doesn't need one. One the gate that dials into the other needs the extra power provided by the blackhole to keep the wormhole open. Before, the Ori powered the Supergate withe a BH in their own galaxy.
                  There is a singularity, that's the whole reason why they crush the planet. It's just a safe distance away.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                    Actually no they don't. If they had Teal'C would have had a high squeeky voice due to his time passing faster.
                    Wrong, the transmission between the two stargates and thus Teal'c's Al'kesh and the Oddessey is traveling through the same dialation. The dialation exists between the Pegasus Gate and the Oddessy. That same effect doesn't exist between the Milkyway Gate and Teal'c's Al'kesh.

Yet because it's present at the same point along the two way communication, it's having the same affect.

Comment

-rolls his eyes at GreyFox before sighing and shaking his head-

Alright! Moving on...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue_knight
                        Ok, so the nearly impossible was done and a regular gate connected to a supergate. I have a question, wont the MW gate eventually be destroyed by the black hole?
                        Not before the Ori just build another one somewhere else like when we destroyed their first one and they built this one.

Originally posted by GreyFox
                        Spoiler:
                        anyone else wish to bang morgan lefay?

not bad lol
                        I'm man enough to own up to it.

Comment

I dont think the Ori will build another super gate for some time. We may be able to track the remaining Ori ships movements, meaning that if they attempt to create another supergate, the 2 remaining Ori ships in space (not the one on Chulak) will most certainly go to the location they wish to create one at to gaurd it, so we then could interfer with its attempt. Interestingly, I wonder if they could spare 2 ships to protect a supergate, because one would probably have to stay in orbit above a landed ship because of how vulnerable a landed ship would be. So maybe they could only spare one ship to protect a new supergate location, that would be spreading thier forces thin. I wonder if the Ori even know how thier ship was destroyed?? Was it just me, or did it look like the Ori ships shields protected it for a short period of time? Those are some serious shields!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                            Spoiler:
                            anyone else wish to bang morgan lefay?

not bad lol
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It did protect it from the blast wave translated through the stargate, but I don't think they even slowed the supergate's kawoosh.

Comment

Working...
                              X