Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the alliance get back together when the ancients came back.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't the alliance get back together when the ancients came back.

Ok the alliance was formed before the ancients left for the p galaxy. Why didn't it get back together when they came back. Was there a big fight between them all and after killing all the furlings they decided to break it off.
    Last edited by padr49904; 24 July 2006, 05:24 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by padr49904
    Ok the alliance was formed before the ancients left for the p galaxy. Why didn't it get back together when they came back. Was there a big fight between them all and after killing all the furlings they decided to break it off.
    There were probably so many disagreements and building tension between
    each other that the ancients and all the other races simply refused
    to take part in their alliance.
    sigpic

Comment

Who's to say that they didn't? The question becomes.. when did they create the chamber from the "The Torment of Tantalus?" Also, when did they create the database-in-the-wall that resided on those two planets (where O'Neill got his head grabbed each time)? Did the ancients stop going through the Stargate when they got back? (I honestly can't remember if SG-1 or SGA have ever said one way or another.)

I'm more inclined to believe that the alliance went seperate paths after the ancients ascended.

Comment

"Revelations" is a big episode in terms of this timeline.

The Asgard civilization was not advanced enough before the Ancients left for Pegasus, so I'd guess the alliance was formed when they came back, unless im missing something

Comment

The alliance was formed before they left cause the asgard say that the ancients left your galaxy a long time ago( going to the p galaxy).
          sigpic

Comment

Atlantis left for Pegasus. There's nothing to suggest that all the Ancients in the Milkyway departed for Pegasus. And I should also point out that the Asgard home galaxy, Ida, has a first generation Stargate too. Hmmmm.... Interesting? I think so.

All the Asgard said in 'The Fifth Race,' is that the Ancients moved on from their region of space long ago. But the little grey guys said that on Othalla in the Galaxy of Ida. So the Ancients were in Ida!

So, when they said Region. Were they talking about our Galaxy cluster? If so, were all the Galaxies in our cluster settled by the Ancients?

There's nothing to suggest that the Ancients did not inhabit both the Milkyway and Pegasus, if not also Ida simultaniously. It's entirely possible that the Ancient civilization was far more vast than anyone is currently accepting is possible.

Furthermore, there's nothing to suggest that just because the Asgard didn't have intergalactic hyperdrive 30,000 years ago, that they wouldn't be candidates for the Alliance. Afterall, the Asgard said that O'neil and humanity had already taken the first steps to becoming the Fifth Race. Which suggests it isn't just about technological capability. For all we know, the Nox might not even have space travel. They seem very happy and cozy on their planet, and their strengths are not in technology, but the mind!

The point? Stop assuming everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
              Atlantis left for Pegasus. There's nothing to suggest that all the Ancients in the Milkyway departed for Pegasus. And I should also point out that the Asgard home galaxy, Ida, has a first generation Stargate too. Hmmmm.... Interesting? I think so.

All the Asgard said in 'The Fifth Race,' is that the Ancients moved on from their region of space long ago. But the little grey guys said that on Othalla in the Galaxy of Ida. So the Ancients were in Ida!

So, when they said Region. Were they talking about our Galaxy cluster? If so, were all the Galaxies in our cluster settled by the Ancients?

There's nothing to suggest that the Ancients did not inhabit both the Milkyway and Pegasus, if not also Ida simultaniously. It's entirely possible that the Ancient civilization was far more vast than anyone is currently accepting is possible.

Furthermore, there's nothing to suggest that just because the Asgard didn't have intergalactic hyperdrive 30,000 years ago, that they wouldn't be candidates for the Alliance. Afterall, the Asgard said that O'neil and humanity had already taken the first steps to becoming the Fifth Race. Which suggests it isn't just about technological capability. For all we know, the Nox might not even have space travel. They seem very happy and cozy on their planet, and their strengths are not in technology, but the mind!

The point? Stop assuming everything.
              Atlantis left earth millions of years ago, not 30,000 years ago. If you're telling me not to assume anything... all I did was point out a fact. Your post has way more assumptions than mine =o

Comment

No, my post refered to visual or script evidence from the series. And most of what I'm sure you're calling 'assumptions,' were formated as questions. I can't say one way or the other what is or isn't, but the possibilities are open since they are not otherwise established to the contrary. It's called out of the box thinking. -taps head-

As to the 30,000 year statement, I was refering to the popular conception that because the Asgard did not have hyperspace technology at that time (hence the statis colony ship), that they were not worthy of being apart of the great Alliance. And I'm fully aware of the projected window of departure for Atlantis as being between five and ten million years ago. I wasn't commenting about that because that is not in dispute here.

Comment

goauld
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Fraid not, the Goa'uld didn't come into the stage until atleast 4,000 years ago in 2000 BC or possibly before. The Ancients returned from Pegasus 10,000 years ago around 8000 BC. So there was potentially a 6,000 year period in which the Goa'uld weren't the big head honchos of the Galaxy.

Who's to say the Alliance wasn't back together, or who's to say it even broke apart, until the last of the Ancients ascended?

Comment

Originally posted by Selin Peers
                      Fraid not, the Goa'uld didn't come into the stage until atleast 4,000 years ago in 2000 BC or possibly before.
                      I think it was more then 5000 years ago when the Goa'uld came to the stage. Remember in Mobieus that they went back in time 5000 years to 3000B.C. becuase that was the time when the rebellion took place? I would think that it was near 10000 years ago when the Ancients came back from Atlantis when the Goa'uld came into the scene.

I say this because I'm using the story line from the movie. The Goa'uld came to earth when Humans were primative. And since 10000 years ago was the dawn of Human Civilization on earth, it had to have been AT LEAST that long ago.

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

Mmmm, you might be right. I haven't watched Moebius recently. So, forgive my mistake. I think you're right though.

As for the movie timeline. It's possible, but I'm not sure that Egyptian, let alone any other culture had evolved at that point. Remember, the Goa'uld assumed the roles of our gods. Thus far, I don't believe Daniel has suggest that the Goa'uld fabricated the Egyptian religion to further their cause, but rather hijacked it.

But I don't believe Ancient and Goa'uld coexisted. Otherwise the original Ancient hosts would have been super Hauk'taur. And present day would be a mighty dismal day indeed.

Comment

I think the reason that they didn't reform the alliance is the simple reason that their numbers were diminished from the war with the Wraith. They couldn't rebuild their once great society so they lived out the rest of their days, and I guess ascended.

Infact, I remeber that being said in an episode somewhere, maybe 'Before I Sleep'?
                          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2
                            "Revelations" is a big episode in terms of this timeline.

The Asgard civilization was not advanced enough before the Ancients left for Pegasus, so I'd guess the alliance was formed when they came back, unless im missing something
                            right on the money,the asgard say that the ancient left this region of space(perhaps when ascended to explore the reaches of the universe)

Comment

-ancients left 5-10 million years ago
                              -the goulds found earth 8,000 years ago,
                              -the ancients came back 10,000 years ago.
                              -the asgard needed to put their bodies into stasis when traveling 30,000 years ago

the gould was not a problem back then for that 2,000 years probably made their little place on the planet int ToT.

but its definately not before the ancients left. the asgard would have been primitive comparable to us then.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X