New Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Babylon 5

Over the weekend at the SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON J. Michael Straczynsk creater of Babylon 5 said that "WB came to him as they do periodically wanting to do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS declined mainly because he can't yet picture structuring a B5 movie "as long as Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead." Maybe in a year or two he'll be able to but right now he can't do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of short films 'little mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe. They said, "Okay." There's a network already interested in carrying them but they're also planned for direct to DVD. This will be "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales", a lot of small stories that never made it into the series that he's rediscovered notes for. And JMS wants no interference, complete creative support "in writing". They said, "Okay." And JMS wants to direct them. They said, "Okay." The first will be three individual stories about three of the main characters (to be determined). The plan is to shoot in September, post-production Oct.-Dec. and they'll probably come out the second quarter of 2007."

Thanks Jan from the jmsnews.com boards for the information.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Originally posted by Night Marshal
    Over the weekend at the SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON J. Michael Straczynsk creater of Babylon 5 said that "WB came to him as they do periodically wanting to do something with B5. They asked if he wanted to do a feature film but JMS declined mainly because he can't yet picture structuring a B5 movie "as long as Andreas and Rick insist on staying dead." Maybe in a year or two he'll be able to but right now he can't do something big. What JMS suggested was a bunch of short films 'little mini-movies, an anthology show set in the Babylon 5 universe. They said, "Okay." There's a network already interested in carrying them but they're also planned for direct to DVD. This will be "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales", a lot of small stories that never made it into the series that he's rediscovered notes for. And JMS wants no interference, complete creative support "in writing". They said, "Okay." And JMS wants to direct them. They said, "Okay." The first will be three individual stories about three of the main characters (to be determined). The plan is to shoot in September, post-production Oct.-Dec. and they'll probably come out the second quarter of 2007."

Cool if it actually happens this time.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO BLUE JELLO?

Comment

And JMS wants no interference, complete creative support "in writing". They said, "Okay." And JMS wants to direct them. They said, "Okay."
      Yes! Yes! OMG, YES! Thank you PTB @ WB!

Finally! Someone in Tinseltown who actually has a brain.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Oh yes very good. I hope this comes to pass.

Comment

Maybe WB finally leanred this is their franchise.

Paramont has Star Trek.
          MGM has Stargate.
          WB has B5.

And of course Fox had Firefly.

Comment

Woo-hoo! I really hope this works out.

Sig by Suekay

come visit Stargate Intel

Comment

OMG This is great news!

It's been years since I watched a B5 episode, but my interest has never waned. Thank goodness Warner Brothers have at last agreed to leave all creative control in the hands of JMS.

I like the sound of an anthology show set in the B5 universe focusing on a different character each week. It's a shame there won't be anymore G'Kar episodes.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                It's a shame there won't be anymore G'Kar episodes.
                That is of course the greatest shame that "the memory of Shadows" Never happend because if it had G'kar could have still played his part. Such is life but this new makes be happy and if this happens there a good chance by this time next year we will have B5 on the air.
                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

new B5?

YAY!
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This sounds wonderful! I loved B5! I hope it happens.
                    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                    it has it's own laws and beats about things
                    which the intellect scorns."
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

I'm sure this is good news, though it's been so long I don't remember Babylon 5.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                        OMG This is great news!

It's been years since I watched a B5 episode, but my interest has never waned. Thank goodness Warner Brothers have at last agreed to leave all creative control in the hands of JMS.

I like the sound of an anthology show set in the B5 universe focusing on a different character each week. It's a shame there won't be anymore G'Kar episodes.
                        Agree, agree, and agree. Wow, this great news, I really hope this happens. I am just finishing up re-watching B5 seao5 and am craving more!

Comment

That is some very good news. I'll certainly be buying those DVDs.
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

That is brilliant news, i can't wait to see some new B5. It will be interesting now that the actors are older how much make up will be used to make them look younger.

Comment

It's also good to know that WB has (hopefully) learned their lesson about not interfering with JMS' creativity.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                              X