This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....what everyone else has said.

I'll just add, grow a thick skin...depending where you hang out here you might need it. There's light-hearted areas and some places where this fandom is taken far too seriously. Try not to be offended to easily and don't take challenges to your opinion as a personal attack....hard as it is (and sometimes it's intended that way) just try to rise above it, just report 'em to the mods, don't allow yourself to get baited.

Oh yes....and above all have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
      ....what everyone else has said.

I'll just add, grow a thick skin...depending where you hang out here you might need it. There's light-hearted areas and some places where this fandom is taken far too seriously. Try not to be offended to easily and don't take challenges to your opinion as a personal attack....hard as it is (and sometimes it's intended that way) just try to rise above it, just report 'em to the mods, don't allow yourself to get baited.

Oh yes....and above all have fun!
      now someone tells me
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

do: be disgustingly cheery 24/7, and support your fellow posters no matter how absurdly wrong they may be.

don't: ever actually say how you feel. you'll get yelled at.

don't: care about reputation points. they are, in fact, meaningless and are given out so frivolously that it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          #1 rule Post spoilers in spoiler tags or you could end up with a flurry of red rep or PMs
          Spoiler:

Like this

Spoilers are anything from S9/10 of SG-1, and S2/3 of Atlantis.

And have fun.
          Spoilers rules also apply to other shows currently screening first runs... like Doctor Who or LOST. Oh and they apply to sigs as well.

Definitely do have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
            don't: ever actually say how you feel. you'll get yelled at.
            lol - yeah that can happen ...

how about - do: say what you feel, but do it diplomatically. Don't be blunt - back up waht you say with a few reasons. Then the only people who yell are the intolerant ones, and thus can be safely ignored.
            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

-Don't write it as "ZedPM." Z is a letter, not a word. Spelling it out just makes you look pretentious. If you want to call it a "Zed-pee-em," fine. But spell it right - Z-P-M.
              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Basic rule of thumb, comment on what the person says, not the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                  -Don't write it as "ZedPM." Z is a letter, not a word. Spelling it out just makes you look pretentious. If you want to call it a "Zed-pee-em," fine. But spell it right - Z-P-M.
                  NOOOO! Ignore that one, ZedPM is more fun.

Comment

don't make any threads in character relationships !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you'll get hell for it
                    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 25 July 2006, 12:37 PM.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                      don't make any threads in character relationships !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you'll get hell for it
                      what!?! thats new to me. although i suppose a thread has pretty much been made to cover everything there.

uum, don't go into a "pro" thread and start posting "anti" sentiments, and vice versa. these are generally protected threads. if it has "pro" or "anti" in the title, thats usually a sign that its a thread exclusively for people who agree with the sentiment of the title. if that makes any sense.

do; be respectful even if you think someone is an idiot or completely out of line. (not always easy to do, i know). rather than just jump in and tell someone that their opinion is wrong and they're stupid for thinking it, jump in and offer your opinion in a respectful debate.

don't: say disrespectful things about the actors. if you don't like a character, thats fine and only some people will give you hell for stating why (as long as its not nasty), if you disrespect or slag off an actor thats different. the characters aren't real people, but the actors who play them are.

don't be afraid to join in with the discussions in threads that interest you. thats how you make friends and how you get to know people and how they get to know you. of course if there are a ton of posts in a thread that interests you, i would suggest reading the first and last few pages at least so that you get a feel for the thread before delurking.

if you're opinion is completely different from that of others, don't be afraid to express it. most people welcome a new point of view, and the knowledge that not everyone thinks the same things. and while people might not openly post that they agree with you, i find that i get a lot of "oh well done", "thanks for saying this", and "i agree" in green reps and PMs. i just wish that these people would post this kind of thing publicly sometimes.

i'll shut up now. all of this is just my opinion.

Comment

Spoiler Tags are done like this:

Spoilers for s11 [spoil] Daniel fails to get home by midnight, and turns into a pumpkin [/spoil]

and what it looks like is:

Spoilers for s11
                        Spoiler:
                        Teal'c pricks his finger on an enchanted spindle and falls asleep

Don't forget to write what ep / series you're spoiling.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                          NOOOO! Ignore that one, ZedPM is more fun.
                          I agree and in the McKay related threads it is practically a given to spell it as ZedPM.

Comment

make a effert to put some thoiught into your threads don't do vs threads there suck

Comment

DO NOT pretend to be something that you are not

Comment

Do post, but don't over post, because then it's just spam....

Comment

Working...
                                X