Page 112 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3677
  1. #2221
    Lieutenant Colonel Callista's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,295

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    Absolutely. Very well said.

    Slightly OT, but on the subject of D&C, one of the weird things about that episode, besides the heavyhanded S/J, was Anise. Did anyone else ever notice this? Martouf told Sam once that the host and the symbiote love as one, but here Freya claims that's not true. She has feelings for Jack while her symbiote has feelings for Daniel.
    Anyway, yeah, that has nothing to do with S/J, but I agree that there were many many things wrong with the episode. One of the things I've always resented, besides the obvious, is that D&C ruined Upgrades for me. I like Upgrades. It's not a perfect episode, but it has a lot of fun team moments in it. But having that scene retconned into it just spoils it for me. I suppose that's irrational, but it really does annoy me.
    I agree. That was an extremely odd thing. I always wonder if they were toying with pursuing the strange love parallelogram of Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise. And if not, why the heck did they put that in there?! (It was kind of funny, though, just for the looks on Jack's and Daniel's faces while they thought about it. )

    Now that's a ship I could have gotten behind!!
    Last edited by Callista; April 1st, 2009 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #2222
    Captain Khentkawes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    following the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    Absolutely. Very well said.

    Slightly OT, but on the subject of D&C, one of the weird things about that episode, besides the heavyhanded S/J, was Anise. Did anyone else ever notice this? Martouf told Sam once that the host and the symbiote love as one, but here Freya claims that's not true. She has feelings for Jack while her symbiote has feelings for Daniel.
    Actually, I would argue that it has everything to do with S/J. The writer purposefully put the "romantic interest" with Anise and Freya in there as a kind of foreshadowing to the later "romantic interest." No writer would do something like that by coincidence. And the fact that the Daniel/Anise, and Jack/Freya thing is sort of awkward and sort of taboo makes a decent parallel to the awkwardness of S/J. That part probably wasn't intended. But maybe the parallel of "forbidden love" (*gag*) was intended. I don't know. All I know is that it seems like Hathor was busy drugging people in this episode because there are too many romantic references for it to be a natural occurrence (Sam/Jack, Jack/Freya, Daniel/Anise, Sam/Martouf... that's a lot of pairings to hint at in a single episode... too many to be anything but a joke).

    Quote Originally Posted by Killdeer View Post
    Anyway, yeah, that has nothing to do with S/J, but I agree that there were many many things wrong with the episode. One of the things I've always resented, besides the obvious, is that D&C ruined Upgrades for me. I like Upgrades. It's not a perfect episode, but it has a lot of fun team moments in it. But having that scene retconned into it just spoils it for me. I suppose that's irrational, but it really does annoy me.
    Agreed. I just don't love Upgrades as much anymore. Luckily, I did have one unblemished viewing of Upgrades before I saw D&C, which was fortunate considering I watched season 1-7 out of order. I probably would have hated Upgrades if I had seen D&C first.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

    Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

  3. #2223
    Captain Khentkawes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    following the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    I always wonder if they were toying with pursuing the strange love parallelogram of Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.


    Parallelogram! Ha! that's brilliant, Callista. I'm so amused by this.

    But at least for this episode, shouldn't it be: Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Anise/Daniel?

    And how do we count, since two of those people are kind of the same? Is it a love-hexagon or a love-pentagon (if Anise/Freya count as the same side)?
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

    Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

  4. #2224
    Lieutenant Colonel Callista's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,295

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post
    Actually, I would argue that it has everything to do with S/J. The writer purposefully put the "romantic interest" with Anise and Freya in there as a kind of foreshadowing to the later "romantic interest." No writer would do something like that by coincidence. And the fact that the Daniel/Anise, and Jack/Freya thing is sort of awkward and sort of taboo makes a decent parallel to the awkwardness of S/J. That part probably wasn't intended. But maybe the parallel of "forbidden love" (*gag*) was intended. I don't know. All I know is that it seems like Hathor was busy drugging people in this episode because there are too many romantic references for it to be a natural occurrence (Sam/Jack, Jack/Freya, Daniel/Anise, Sam/Martouf... that's a lot of pairings to hint at in a single episode... too many to be anything but a joke).

    You're right! I left out two players. So now it's the love hexagon of Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.
    Poor Teal'c. No wonder he went after Shau'nac like that in the episode in between D&C and Upgrades.

    I must stop posting now because my eyeballs are about to explode. Perhaps I can tape something to both sides of my monitor.

  5. #2225
    Captain Khentkawes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    following the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    You're right! I left out two players. So now it's the love hexagon of Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.
    Poor Teal'c. No wonder he went after Shau'nac like that in the episode in between D&C and Upgrades.

    I must stop posting now because my eyeballs are about to explode. Perhaps I can tape something to both sides of my monitor.
    We keep posting simultaneously (or near simultaneously).

    Lol. I just adjusted the size of my browser window so that the sides are cut off and I don't have to see the frightening pinkness-of-doom.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

    Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

  6. #2226
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post
    In the case of Janet... I think there were definitely other reasons for her death. The (arguably) shipy moment was included in Heroes, but I don't think the ship was the motivation behind the entire episode. For one thing, it's one of the most dramatic and emotionally gut-wrenching episodes, and everyone involved with it said that they were trying to make something that was much more serious than most of what they'd done before. So, I think the ship just slipped in, it wasn't the driving factor. (Side note: as much as I regret that Daniel didn't get a moment of comfort, and that they didn't show him interacting with his team, MS was given some really great material here and did a fantastic job with it... plus there's the Sam/Teal'c scene, which I also thought was well done. So, there is a lot going on here that has nothing to do with S/J).

    However, in the case of Martouf... it's pretty hard for me to argue that his death was anything but a sacrifice on the alter of S/J. Part of the reason that I so firmly dislike D&C is that the entire episode serves no purpose other than to force the ship (sort of like Atlantis' Brainstorm... only without the "Save the Planet" stuff... oh, and Brainstorm had more of a plot). And that's why I think that it's really poor writing on a purely narrative level. It doesn't further the plot line at all. I guess, supposedly it finalizes the Tok'ra/Tau'ri treaty, but we really see very little that has to do with the treaty. The only character development is the "feelings" scene (which I would call bad character development, but still, it's development). There's not even much of a plot. Basically people sit around worrying that Jack and Sam might be brainwashed for an entire freaking episode. It's mind-numbingly tedious. And it all builds up to the big "revelation" at the end, where Jack says that he "cares more than he's supposed to." Really? Wow. That was a boring hour-long episode. Oh, and then Martouf dies at the end. No biggie. So yeah, considering that the episode only served to advance the S/J storyline, I would say that Martouf was killed merely because it was convenient and because it would further the S/J ship.

    But again, S/J is far from the only problem with D&C. It was also just an example of exceptionally poor and heavy-handed writing. Probably the best part of the episode is the title, which I've always found to be brilliantly ironic because the episode did exactly what the title proclaims. It divided The Team, and it divided the fanbase in ways that we will never be able to get passed. Divide and Conquer, indeed.
    I haven't seen D&C (what an appropriate moniker; an unpleasant medical procedure) for years.
    I thought the Martouf/Jolinar/Sam story was charming and interesting and most importantly, in a SF show, SFnal. Rather like the Jadzia/Worf/Ezri/Julian/Dax story in DS9. Including the emotions of the symbiote turned it from a pedestrian love story into a SF theme. Helped by some very nice acting from JR and Amanda along the way.
    So I can add killing Martouf to my long, long list of why S/J was and always will be a bad idea.

    Sadly, I'm sure they are going to
    Spoiler:
    retire Jack and ship him off into the sunset with Sam in tow
    in the last film.
    Spoiler:
    I'm saying this after reading the plethora of romantic questions in Amanda Tapping's Question & Answer session in Joe Mallozzie's blog. It just goes to show that in some peoples mind, all there is of Sam is SamandJack, there is nothing else of interest about either the character or the actress.
    So long Sam, all your brilliance, hard work, saving the planet, heroic and selfless acts, blowing up a sun, all are meaningless and irrelevant compared to your sex life.
    Which is a sad end for a character with so much potential.

    FF
    Last edited by Frostfox; April 1st, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

  7. #2227
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    I agree. That was an extremely odd thing. I always wonder if they were toying with pursuing the strange love parallelogram of Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post

    Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Anise/Daniel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    the love hexagon of Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.
    My brane 'splody!

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post
    Actually, I would argue that it has everything to do with S/J. The writer purposefully put the "romantic interest" with Anise and Freya in there as a kind of foreshadowing to the later "romantic interest." No writer would do something like that by coincidence. And the fact that the Daniel/Anise, and Jack/Freya thing is sort of awkward and sort of taboo makes a decent parallel to the awkwardness of S/J. That part probably wasn't intended. But maybe the parallel of "forbidden love" (*gag*) was intended. I don't know. All I know is that it seems like Hathor was busy drugging people in this episode because there are too many romantic references for it to be a natural occurrence (Sam/Jack, Jack/Freya, Daniel/Anise, Sam/Martouf... that's a lot of pairings to hint at in a single episode... too many to be anything but a joke).

    Agreed. I just don't love Upgrades as much anymore. Luckily, I did have one unblemished viewing of Upgrades before I saw D&C, which was fortunate considering I watched season 1-7 out of order. I probably would have hated Upgrades if I had seen D&C first.
    Ah, but 'forbidden love' is right up there with 'written in the stars' and 'twu wuv' at the pinnacle of good writing and good characterisation. We fans are so ungrateful for not realising that.
    Funny, they were pretty much bottom of my wish list for a team based, action adventure show.

    FF

  8. #2228
    Colonel Skadi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    An AU where Martouf/Lantash is alive and with Sam
    Posts
    6,401

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    You're right! I left out two players. So now it's the love hexagon of Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise.
    Poor Teal'c. No wonder he went after Shau'nac like that in the episode in between D&C and Upgrades.

    I must stop posting now because my eyeballs are about to explode. Perhaps I can tape something to both sides of my monitor.
    What about Lantash Shouldn't it be the love heptagon of Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise ?


    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

    "Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

  9. #2229
    Captain fyere's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,014

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    What about Lantash Shouldn't it be the love heptagon of Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise ?

    You're forgetting something else! The TRUE LOVE of Jack and Thor!!!1 Thor's passion will not be denied!!!

    Gosh, that's a heck of a love.....um.....polygon.

    Seriously - the Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise thing bugged me to no end. It was as if they were deliberately trying to drive a wedge between Jack and Daniel...as it seemed they had been for some time. Annoying. And all that female characters come down to, it seems, is to be the romantic hangers-on to the male heroes...

  10. #2230
    Major General discodiva's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hope Zee
    Posts
    11,103

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Posting quickly from the Vancouver Convention in downtown Burnaby....am sure the subject will be touched upon widely at AT's talk on Sunday....will report back comments and questions if I can when it's all over.....


    Now you can see the reason why I've not been around on this thread lately.....been rather busy packing and sorting for the trip....am jet-lagged to crap and very excited about seeing Mr Shanks on Sunday.....shippy nonsense tended to slip out of my all-too-busy mind at present....


    Deeds xx

    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

  11. #2231
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    What about Lantash Shouldn't it be the love heptagon of Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise ?

    Okay, now my brane really go 'splody!

    Quote Originally Posted by fyere View Post
    You're forgetting something else! The TRUE LOVE of Jack and Thor!!!1 Thor's passion will not be denied!!!

    Gosh, that's a heck of a love.....um.....polygon.

    Seriously - the Jack/Freya/Daniel/Anise thing bugged me to no end. It was as if they were deliberately trying to drive a wedge between Jack and Daniel...as it seemed they had been for some time. Annoying. And all that female characters come down to, it seems, is to be the romantic hangers-on to the male heroes...
    Drive a wedge between characters? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
    Spoiler:
    And it so worked because all those disgusting, perverted slashers went away and they never wrote another word of slash for SG1 ever again! That worked so well, didn't it.


    Quote Originally Posted by discodiva View Post
    Posting quickly from the Vancouver Convention in downtown Burnaby....am sure the subject will be touched upon widely at AT's talk on Sunday....will report back comments and questions if I can when it's all over.....


    Now you can see the reason why I've not been around on this thread lately.....been rather busy packing and sorting for the trip....am jet-lagged to crap and very excited about seeing Mr Shanks on Sunday.....shippy nonsense tended to slip out of my all-too-busy mind at present....


    Deeds xx
    Deeds! What on earth are you doing on that side of the pond? I thought you weren't going to this year's con, thought you were doing Chicago instead?

    FF
    Last edited by Frostfox; April 2nd, 2009 at 11:30 AM.

  12. #2232
    Major General discodiva's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hope Zee
    Posts
    11,103

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfox View Post
    Deeds! What on earth are you doing on that side of the pond? I thought you weren't going to this year's con, thought you were doing Chicago instead?

    FF

    *giggles*........did a little bit of secret skullduggery there didn't I?.....


    I will hug Mr Shanks for you and uphold the tradition of all Bad Women (tm ) everywhere....



    Deeds xx

    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

  13. #2233
    Second Lieutenant SamShipper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    There must be at least ONE of all the infinitude of AUs which has the MOTHER OF ALL SHIPS!!!!

    Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jolinar/Jack/Kanan/Freya/Daniel/Anise/Thor
    My ships:
    (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

    Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

  14. #2234
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by SamShipper View Post
    There must be at least ONE of all the infinitude of AUs which has the MOTHER OF ALL SHIPS!!!!

    Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jolinar/Jack/Kanan/Freya/Daniel/Anise/Thor
    No! Stop it!

    And we don't want to give TPTB any more daft ideas for their next big romance.

    FF

  15. #2235
    Brigadier General LoneStar1836's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by fyere View Post
    You're forgetting something else! The TRUE LOVE of Jack and Thor!!!1 Thor's passion will not be denied!!!

    Gosh, that's a heck of a love.....um.....polygon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamShipper View Post
    There must be at least ONE of all the infinitude of AUs which has the MOTHER OF ALL SHIPS!!!!

    Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jolinar/Jack/Kanan/Freya/Daniel/Anise/Thor
    LOL!

    BUT ummm....NO!

    SMOR (Sam/Thor) is the one true ship that rules them all!!!


    Carry on.
    IMO always implied.

  16. #2236
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    LOL!

    BUT ummm....NO!

    SMOR (Sam/Thor) is the one true ship that rules them all!!!


    Carry on.
    Laughs! Well, it's got more chemistry than Sam/Jack, that's for sure.

    Sam/Thor it is!

    /

    FF

  17. #2237
    Lieutenant Colonel Callista's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    3,295

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by SamShipper View Post
    There must be at least ONE of all the infinitude of AUs which has the MOTHER OF ALL SHIPS!!!!

    Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jolinar/Jack/Kanan/Freya/Daniel/Anise/Thor
    Poor Teal'c. He still doesn't get anything. Maybe we could work him and Junior in there somewhere?

  18. #2238
    Captain Khentkawes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    following the TARDIS
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by discodiva View Post
    Posting quickly from the Vancouver Convention in downtown Burnaby....am sure the subject will be touched upon widely at AT's talk on Sunday....will report back comments and questions if I can when it's all over.....
    You absolutely have to tell us how it goes! I'm so jealous of all the con-goers on GW. I demand that all con-goers appease my jealousy by relaying any tid-bits of note. Okay, not really. I'm not that demanding. But I hope you have a wonderful time!

    Quote Originally Posted by fyere View Post
    You're forgetting something else! The TRUE LOVE of Jack and Thor!!!1 Thor's passion will not be denied!!!

    Gosh, that's a heck of a love.....um.....polygon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamShipper View Post
    Lantash/Martouf/Sam/Jolinar/Jack/Kanan/Freya/Daniel/Anise/Thor
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    SMOR (Sam/Thor) is the one true ship that rules them all!!!
    I have no words to express my supreme amusement at this moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Callista View Post
    Poor Teal'c. He still doesn't get anything. Maybe we could work him and Junior in there somewhere?
    Sure, we'll just stick them in between Kanan and Anise. It turns out Junior always had a thing for Anise (I mean, he is an "immature" symbiote, basically a teenager. And since Anise's character was apparently meant to appeal to adolescent males... ). As for Teal'c... well, he secretly admired Kanan's sense of duty, and that Kanan had the guts to infiltrate Ba'al's fortress. He just never mentioned it because he didn't want Jack to feel uncomfortable, knowing that Teal'c had unrequited feelings for the symbiote he once carried.

    Therefore, I give you:

    Lantesh/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

    Oh, and please note that Thor is in between Jack and Sam, because they both seemed to have "feelings" for Thor, and since feelings always means romance, it must be unrequited love (which incidentally, drove Sam and Jack together as they shared their frustration over Thor's refusal to acknowledge his own feelings on the matter... and over Thor's lamentable lack of cooking skills).

    Which would make it a love-dodecagon. Yes, that is the technical term for a 12-sided shape. And no, I did not know that off the top of my head, but wikipedia is a many splendored thing.

    For the record, folks, nonsense like this is the result of very little sleep. Just as a disclaimer. Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programing.
    Last edited by Khentkawes; April 19th, 2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

    Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

  19. #2239
    Major Snotr's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,608

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post
    I have no words to express my supreme amusement at this moment.



    Sure, we'll just stick them in between Kanan and Anise. It turns out Junior always had a thing for Anise (I mean, he is an "immature" symbiote, basically a teenager. And since Anise's character was apparently meant to appeal to adolescent males... ). As for Teal'c... well, he secretly admired Kanan's sense of duty, and that Kanan had the guts to infiltrate Ba'al's fortress. He just never mentioned it because he didn't want Jack to feel uncomfortable, knowing that Teal'c had unrequited feelings for the symbiote he once carried.

    Therefore, I give you:

    Lantesh/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

    Oh, and please note that Thor is in between Jack and Sam, because they both seemed to have "feelings" for Thor, and since feelings always means romance, it must be unrequited love (which incidentally, drove Sam and Jack together as they shared their frustration over Thor's refusal to acknowledge his own feelings on the matter... and over Thor's lamentable lack of cooking skills).

    Which would make it a love-dodecagon. Yes, that is the technical term for a 12-sided shape. And no, I did not know that off the top of my head, but wikipedia is a many splendored thing.

    For the record, folks, nonsense like this is the result of very little sleep. Just as a disclaimer. Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programing.
    This is just too funny I want to see this ship! I want to read fic about it...ROFL...oh, and I LOVE the idea of Kanan/Teal'c and Junior/Anise/Freya!
    Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

    Favorite love-dodecagon:
    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

  20. #2240
    John Druitt Frostfox's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,732

    Default Re: Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Khentkawes View Post

    Sure, we'll just stick them in between Kanan and Anise. It turns out Junior always had a thing for Anise (I mean, he is an "immature" symbiote, basically a teenager. And since Anise's character was apparently meant to appeal to adolescent males... ). As for Teal'c... well, he secretly admired Kanan's sense of duty, and that Kanan had the guts to infiltrate Ba'al's fortress. He just never mentioned it because he didn't want Jack to feel uncomfortable, knowing that Teal'c had unrequited feelings for the symbiote he once carried.

    Therefore, I give you:

    Lantesh/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

    Oh, and please note that Thor is in between Jack and Sam, because they both seemed to have "feelings" for Thor, and since feelings always means romance, it must be unrequited love (which incidentally, drove Sam and Jack together as they shared their frustration over Thor's refusal to acknowledge his own feelings on the matter... and over Thor's lamentable lack of cooking skills).

    Which would make it a love-dodecagon. Yes, that is the technical term for a 12-sided shape. And no, I did not know that off the top of my head, but wikipedia is a many splendored thing.

    For the record, folks, nonsense like this is the result of very little sleep. Just as a disclaimer. Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programing.
    Laughs. Why, your writing has a level of sophistication, wit and humour... why don't you write a TV show?
    Heh, poking fun at S/J is like shooting fish in a barrel though, it's such an easy target!

    FF

Page 112 of 184 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115122162 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 05:45 AM
  2. Goodbye Jack O'Neill! (The "I will miss Jack" Vent Thread)
    By Feli in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: January 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
  3. who thinks jack O'Neill should get his own ship
    By lantean_god in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 6th, 2007, 08:36 AM
  4. O'Neill & Carter working together!!!
    By Catysg1 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 29th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •