Tomin/Tim Guinee Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomin/Tim Guinee Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

what are your thoughts on the character or actor?

Originally posted by Fatewarns
    what are your thoughts on the character or actor?
    I think he is an amazing actor and his chemistry with Claudia Black is a wonderful to watch. I hope we will see more scenes with these two!

About his character, he is a believer and he will not chance his mind in the short future. What interesting me how Adria will deal with him.
    A little broken family

Comment

I think the actor is really good.

Comment

most of the baddies and other aliens in SG-1 derive names from ancient myths/folklore of earth:

Ra, Anubis, Athena, Ba'al, Yu, Thor, Hermiod, Kvasir, Janus, Merlin, Morgan, etc...

is there any real world origin of the name Tomin as there is with the Goa'uld, Asgard and Ancients?

or is his name merely an invention of the writers' mind as is Teal'C, Bratak, and Samantha "my reproductive organs are inside me" Carter?
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

After doing a quick googlesearch I came to the conclusion that it's a name, most commonly a last name. However, I did find out there's a Tomin in Star Trek, who was a Kadi ambassador, perhaps that is the origin of the use of the name in Stargate?

Comment

i suspected the same after doing my own search...

i was slightly hoping that it would be an obscure reference... oh well...

although the name is similar to Tobin, as in the Tobin Spirit Guide from Ghostbusters

and, more seriously, its a little similar to Tobit, as in the Book of Tobit from the Catholic Bible which introduces the angel Raphael as a guide to Tobit's son Tobias... but hey, i'm reaching here...

Comment

That Tobit-idea could seem quite far-fetched and personally I'd go with the Star Trek thing. But who knows, maybe they just took a name they seemed to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
                That Tobit-idea could seem quite far-fetched and personally I'd go with the Star Trek thing. But who knows, maybe they just took a name they seemed to fit.
                yeah, i know its far-fetched...

and your probs right, probs just a made up name...

and technically, even if it WAS from star trek, they could never publicly state such as it would be a plaigirism issue... unless they have the rights to the name... so given this i doubt its a ST name...

Comment

my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                    I think he is an amazing actor and his chemistry with Claudia Black is a wonderful to watch. I hope we will see more scenes with these two!
                    The Ori arc is basically finished with AoT movie, so I doubt we'll see Tomin (Tim Guinee) again...

Comment

ValaCB wrote that before Ark of Truth, but indeed, she was right, I did
                      enjoy seeing him again in AoT, it was a good resolution to his character, I
                      just adored him, and the actor is hot
                      (ark of truth promo)
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I also like him very much. Tim made excellent creation of Tomin. I believe in his true love to Vala, deep in heart he was a good man

Nice pic Nebulan
                        sigpic
                        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

*shovels thread out of the depths of oblivion*
                          He has the most gorgeous eyes... Tomin was the perfect compliment to Vala
                          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I absolutely LOVE Tim Guinee. I think he's awesome. (: He's not exactly my favourite, but...y'know. He's still awesome.

Tomin was a really sweet guy, but I got so mad at him in that episode where he
                            Spoiler:
                            slapped Vala for not believing. I got really mad. >< But he made up for it when he got her off the ship. (:

He IS a good man on the inside, and he and Vala were cute, but Vala/Daniel is sooooo much better. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
                              I absolutely LOVE Tim Guinee. I think he's awesome. (: He's not exactly my favourite, but...y'know. He's still awesome.

Tomin was a really sweet guy, but I got so mad at him in that episode where he
                              Spoiler:
                              slapped Vala for not believing. I got really mad. >< But he made up for it when he got her off the ship. (:

He IS a good man on the inside, and he and Vala were cute, but Vala/Daniel is sooooo much better. Lmao.
                              I think the slap actually added to the relationship. Or else we'd all be putting him too high up on a pedestal in that if Vala ever did actually do something whe'd take his side. Personally it made me feel like it was a "real relationship" rather than just a whimsically fling that'll be over soon
                              "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                              "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                              Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X