This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's role throughout SGA

does any one else get annoyed by telya it seems season 1 was the only season she had any importance now she just stands in in the background and by ronon and talks when she needs to.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Personally its the opposite for me. I was a little annoyed by Teyla in season I, as I was with Ford and McKay, but after she became a more dedicated member of SGA-1 (after her people moved out of Atlantis) I started to like her a lot more. IMHO Teyla was great by the end of season II.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I like Teyla. She's one of my favorites. I think she brings a lot to the team. She helps them out a lot by telling them who to trade with and getting information from her contacts.
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
        does any one else get annoyed by telya it seems season 1 was the only season she had any importance now she just stands in in the background and by ronon and talks when she needs to.
        You can't blame her for that it's the writer they seem to have neglected her. Hopefully we will get to see more of her and a story her being centre stage later on in season 3
        sigpic

Comment

Rule #1, respect the cast and crew.

It's free rein on the characterrs, but please keep your comments, negative or positive, about the actors respectful
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^^ thank you Skydiver!

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
              Yes!!

Teyla is completely out of place on the flagship team of Atlantis. Her skills as a mediator between worlds is much appreciated and should be used when we need it. I would suggest that she be put on a lower level team or perhaps she could just accompany the units on the certain trading missions. However I do have to say that tptb have started downsizing her character. She isn't as big a part of the team this season. Which gives me the hope that eventually she will be an equivalent of Sel'mak in the early sg-1 episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

I hate the way she talks, dresses, or does anything. I just hate her character all together. No doubt some of you will disagree because you think she's hot but you can't deny that she's pretty obnoxious.

I really hope they come to their senses by the end of season 4 and replace her. With somebody over 5'4 preferably. Nothing against shorter people but going on military missions and fighting aliens hand to hand would be more believable if she was taller than my 12 year old brother.

Either that or I get a brain tumor and learn to tolerate her.

Edit: To all you die-hard Teyla fans, don't start flaming me. We just have different opinions about it.

Also this is in no way an insult to Rachael who plays Teyla. I just don't like the way they have her play the character.
                Last edited by Justin 90; 05 March 2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

No you're not. She really serves no purpose in any story. And everything they do with her is completely boring. For everyone who is a die hard teyla fan I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

I've got a friend who feels the same way, I just think Teyla hasn't been fully exploited yet - story and character developement wise.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

You're definatly not alone, it she didn't have the ability to use Wraith tech she would be completely useless.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        You're definatly not alone, it she didn't have the ability to use Wraith tech she would be completely useless.
                        I agree
                        sigpic

Comment

Personally I like Teyla, but I do understand why people hate her or find her bland. IMO the writers hav'nt made much of an effort to really develop her character and all they've done is made her a Wraith detector. Surely she capable of so much more, I mean come on she's a leader of her people, native of the Pegesus galaxy and very good at combat that those reasons are enough to hatch up interresting story.
                          sigpic

Comment

Teyla sucks. This is why:

1) I hate her annoying responses. "We Ethosians do not work this way"

2) She wears the same clothes every episode. At least Ronan switches his clothes around a bit.

3) Shes half wraith. Who would want to deal with that?

4)
                            - Ronan = Fighter
                            - Sheppard = Leader / Strategist
                            - McKay = The Brain
                            - Teyla = The bit - ch

She has nothing to contribute, except a wraith detector (thank god TPTB can replace her character with the Ancient Detectors)
                            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                              No you're not. She really serves no purpose in any story. And everything they do with her is completely boring. For everyone who is a die hard teyla fan I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.
                              it's TPTB fault not the actress. there moved away from what the character was good for and now she (teyla) is just dead weight.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X