"Green Arrow" to appear in Season Six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Green Arrow" to appear in Season Six

TV Guide's July 24 edition, which is now arriving in subscriber mailboxes with a Tom Welling cover, has a BIG scoop.

The DC Comics character of Oliver Queen, better known to fans as Green Arrow, will be making an appearance in Smallville for a story arc that will go for "at least seven episodes."

"He will start to form the nascent Justice League," Smallville executive producer Alfred Gough tells TV Guide in this week's issue. "He's trying to find like-minded people with special powers and put a more formal structure in place."

The article goes on to say that Clark will initially be wary of Green Arrow, much like he was when future characters such as the Flash or Aquaman showed up in previous seasons. "Ultimately Clark will see the value of what he is trying to do," Gough says. "But as he's gotten older, Clark has become more cautious. He will always be there to help out, but he doesn't want to be part of a formalized organization."

Just as big as the announcement of the character is the casting - Justin Hartley, who played the role of AC/Aquaman in Millar & Gough's Aquaman pilot will be playing the role of Ollie.

The article says that Hartley was quickly offered the Smallville gig. "What really appealed to us is that he has a great combination of sexiness and humor," Gough says.

Hmmm, I'll have to see this before I pass judgement on it. But a Justice League already??
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm still waiting for that OTHER boy billionaire with no powers to make an appearance on Smallville, but with the whole Bat Embargo going on...

But this sounds really cool. I've been waiting to see Ollie, and I loved his character on the JL/JLU cartoon. Justin Hartley looks more like an Ollie than an Arthur, that's for sure lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
        I'm still waiting for that OTHER boy billionaire with no powers to make an appearance on Smallville, but with the whole Bat Embargo going on...
        Unfortunently, this won't happen. Or at least it is very unlikely. Since a Batman film has come out, whoever appears in Smallville would have to look at least a bit like Christian Bale and would have to fit in with the story line. Since all the new TV shows work in the same universe this is like I said unlikely.
        It is the same reason Wonder Woman doesn't make an appearance, Joss Whedon is writing a script for the feature film and they can't use the character in the show.
        http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Working...
        X