Thread: a request

Default a request

can anybody get a good picture of Ronon Dex's sword? i can't find it anywhere on google image search

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: a request

what episode is it in

umm not sure exactly which episode i'm gonna look but i've never been able to successfully take a screenshot of a video file

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1988
    umm not sure exactly which episode i'm gonna look but i've never been able to successfully take a screenshot of a video file
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/

I like Ronon’s character but I hate the way he carries around a toy sword, they should make him more military and less Conan the barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux.
    I like Ronon’s character but I hate the way he carries around a toy sword, they should make him more military and less Conan the barbarian.
    Actually a sword is a very good choice for a “runner’s” backup weapon.
    Doesn’t need ammo, or batteries (or whatever Ronan’s handgun uses) and it takes very little maintenance. If you’re running for your life skipping from planet to planet, it’s a good “military“ idea to have a reliable secondary weapon.

I like sword fighting. And it's not the "cool" ninja sword fighting either, that thing has been overdone so often. But you still can see that he is not a real swordfighter in the real world, but hey, it looks awesome enough.
    Free Jaffa

Quote Originally Posted by sarge
    Actually a sword is a very good choice for a “runner’s” backup weapon.
    Doesn’t need ammo, or batteries (or whatever Ronan’s handgun uses) and it takes very little maintenance. If you’re running for your life skipping from planet to planet, it’s a good “military“ idea to have a reliable secondary weapon.
    Not really necessary in a galaxy full of energy weapons with unlimited ammo. I don’t have a problem with him carrying an edged weapon but does it have to be a wall hanger with all the holes and pointy thing that would just make it awkward in combat.

I don’t have the episodes recorded but I have a suspicion the fake swords/knives that the jaffa was trying to sell in an early ep of season 9 of SG1 might be the same as Ronons sword, you also see a similar blade on the end of a sodan staff.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Flux.
    Not really necessary in a galaxy full of energy weapons with unlimited ammo. I don’t have a problem with him carrying an edged weapon but does it have to be a wall hanger with all the holes and pointy thing that would just make it awkward in combat.

I don’t have the episodes recorded but I have a suspicion the fake swords/knives that the jaffa was trying to sell in an early ep of season 9 of SG1 might be the same as Ronons sword, you also see a similar blade on the end of a sodan staff.
    Note: "Energy" Weapons do run out of power sometime hence the word energy and you can see him using the sword in 'The Lost Boys' or 'The Hive'.