This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a request

can anybody get a good picture of Ronon Dex's sword? i can't find it anywhere on google image search

what episode is it in
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

umm not sure exactly which episode i'm gonna look but i've never been able to successfully take a screenshot of a video file

Comment

Originally posted by Raven1988
        umm not sure exactly which episode i'm gonna look but i've never been able to successfully take a screenshot of a video file
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I like Ronon’s character but I hate the way he carries around a toy sword, they should make him more military and less Conan the barbarian.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux.
            I like Ronon’s character but I hate the way he carries around a toy sword, they should make him more military and less Conan the barbarian.
            Actually a sword is a very good choice for a “runner’s” backup weapon.
            Doesn’t need ammo, or batteries (or whatever Ronan’s handgun uses) and it takes very little maintenance. If you’re running for your life skipping from planet to planet, it’s a good “military“ idea to have a reliable secondary weapon.

Comment

I like sword fighting. And it's not the "cool" ninja sword fighting either, that thing has been overdone so often. But you still can see that he is not a real swordfighter in the real world, but hey, it looks awesome enough.
              Free Jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                Actually a sword is a very good choice for a “runner’s” backup weapon.
                Doesn’t need ammo, or batteries (or whatever Ronan’s handgun uses) and it takes very little maintenance. If you’re running for your life skipping from planet to planet, it’s a good “military“ idea to have a reliable secondary weapon.
                Not really necessary in a galaxy full of energy weapons with unlimited ammo. I don’t have a problem with him carrying an edged weapon but does it have to be a wall hanger with all the holes and pointy thing that would just make it awkward in combat.

I don’t have the episodes recorded but I have a suspicion the fake swords/knives that the jaffa was trying to sell in an early ep of season 9 of SG1 might be the same as Ronons sword, you also see a similar blade on the end of a sodan staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux.
                  Not really necessary in a galaxy full of energy weapons with unlimited ammo. I don’t have a problem with him carrying an edged weapon but does it have to be a wall hanger with all the holes and pointy thing that would just make it awkward in combat.

I don’t have the episodes recorded but I have a suspicion the fake swords/knives that the jaffa was trying to sell in an early ep of season 9 of SG1 might be the same as Ronons sword, you also see a similar blade on the end of a sodan staff.
                  Note: "Energy" Weapons do run out of power sometime hence the word energy and you can see him using the sword in 'The Lost Boys' or 'The Hive'.

Comment

Working...
                  X