Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122
    Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Default Re: Flesh And Blood (1001)

The more I watch SG1 the more and more I like it

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Quite some start to the final season, left me rather breathless. Especially the last minute beam-outs...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

My LiveJournal post

Adria is creepy as hell...
    Loved how they got Sam back into the ship
    "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
    "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
    "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
    "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

>-- Czechs Rock! >--

Ah, Adria. Delightfully evil child.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

DVDs Re: Flesh And Blood (1001)

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    Good episode. I see great potential for Season 10 (compared to the crappy 9th season). Cam is getting better and better every episode.
    Agreed.

The scenes with Cam and Bra'tac when they were on the Ha'tak was kind of funny.

Tomorrow, a rehash, maybe, I don't know haven't seen it in a while.

Second Lieutenant Lieutenant Sparrow's Avatar

Lucky the Ori didn't destroy the Odyssey. Pretty damn cool the way they got Sam.

Seeing Kvasir aboard Odyssey reminded me of Hermiod being on Daedalus.

Oh yay Adria. I don't look forward to the major pain in the butt she's going to be.

I think Bra'tac wanting to ram the ship into the Ori ship was stupid. He had to know it wouldn't work. The small dogfight between the Jaffa and Ori ships on Chulak was short but sweet. Would it be an even fight between the ground forces?

Yes Cam it is time for a plan.

Right...

1. I've never seen Sam look so vulnerable.

2. Lucian Alliance are morons.

3. I can sympathise with Bra'tac, he was about to possibly see his homeworld get hammered and wasn't sure if could be taken back, can't blame him for not thinking straight.

4. Interesting that Adria got her name from Vala.

5. Hey, fact is that SG1 have all been in this game a long time and against the Ori they've had a losing record so far. Last scene was very realistic.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by mathpiglet View Post
    If you put kid adria next to the kid Damien from the original Omen, who comes out more evil??

1. I've never seen Sam look so vulnerable.
    I wonder if she bought the pilot anything for making it such a good 'scoop' up?

How do you follow that ending from season 9?!

Pick up the pieces, and what a great way they did it too! Flying the Odyssey up to Sam to 'collect' her in the F-302 bay. You just can't help holding your breath as the tiny figure is faced with the huge oncoming ship! Mitchell's F-302 being blown clear by the force of the Koralev's destruction. Daniel has certainly had a lot of practice with getting off ships that are ready to blow up quickly! Go 'Space Monkey'!!! Teal'c draws the short stick with the miserable Lucian Alliance leader!

But for all that, there is the wonders of Asgard beaming technology that they have to hand now, how convenient!

I think Adria should have remained at the kid stage, there is something so much more menacing about an evil kid!

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    I think Adria should have remained at the kid stage, there is something so much more menacing about an evil kid!
    Na.. cause of the backlash the company would get, had our heroes sought out Adria to kill her (like we tried) and she was still a kid, that they would have received.

I remember this is the first episode where I discovered GW. I was so in shock of how awesome Camelot was that I was searching the Internet to find S10 spoilers. This is a pretty good episode. Not great like Camelot but its not bad. Its one of those connect the dots episode as SG1 tries to regroup after what happened in the last episode so thier is nothing surprising but its still a good episode. I remember rolling my eyes at Mitchell using the Odyssey to save Sam but I liked his speech to Bra'tac about foolishness of particpating in a suicide mission. I also really like Adria on the Ori ship. It gives a nice face to the Ori. Something that was missing from them in S9. I kind of compare her of Apophis. They both are villians with a personal connection to SG1. Those kind of enemies are the best
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Major General

True.. the growing up of adria was nice.. though i think the 2nd phase of her was to me the best.. prior to her full on adult evilness.

Doing the re-watch. Flesh & Blood is a strong season opener. My favorite line:

Landry (to Woolsey): I'm sorry, did I say that out loud?

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathpiglet View Post
    she is.

This was a good opener. I can't believe I'm already at the last season

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    she is.
    For one of my fave past times i do role playing games (d6 starwars, adnd, shadowrun), and one of the gaming modules i wrote up for SW, had an evil child (girl)...
    One of the people playing that module said "Why does it always have to be the girls who are the evil ones"!??!?

Major

I guess s/he'd never heard of the Boys from Brazil. Or Damian.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Staff Sergeant

I really like this episode - and even more now that I have watched it several times.
    I was never really annoyed by Vala before as others were, but with this ep. I really started to love that character and CB's acting skills. She did so extremely well throughout the whole ep. and especially scenes with Adria. The different Adria actresses also did a great job. Even the youngest, who only had a few lines, delivered those so incredibly bitter sweet... still wondering, if they were wearing contacts or the coloured eyes were a result of post-production.
    Every cast member got a decent on screen time, while Teal'c unfortunately had to spend quite a lot of it being tortured - AGAIN.

Daniel/Vala: Love it, now that Vala calmed down. Great chemistry. Seems as if they start to bring the best out of each other.
    In their first scene Daniel's reaction to Vala's question "do you know, what's strange?" cracks me up, every time I watch it. It is just a simple "No", but it is sooo wrapping up this totally bizarre situation of somebody just having told you the strangest things possible and then asking you "you know, what's strange?" as if everything else were 'normal' news...
    It is hilarious and it is those little things that cannot be scripted or rehearsed, but just pop up once in a while, when you don't expect them. Those little things is what go me into "Stargate" in the first place, since I am really no scifi-fan in general.

Major General

It seems each character has their 'focus.

Tealc is torture guy
    Daniel is 'converted or killed guy
    Jack is smart but stupid guy

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

And so it begins... the last season of Stargate SG-1 and the first time I'm watching season 10 on DVD. Much like season 9 I haven't seen any of the episodes since it went off the air in the US.

First of all, VALA IS BAAAAAACK!!!
    And I couldn't be happier.

So... we're getting our asses kicked by the Ori and for the time being we have no weapon powerful enough to take on these bad guys as they ravage their way through the galaxy, bringing death and destruction to the non-believers. Hallowed are the Ori.... blah blah blah...

Bra'tac always looking for an epic death and never quite getting there because other people around him are the voice of reason -- luckily.

Daniel never not dying -- he's good at pretending but always getting out at the nick of time. Wasn't it just his luck he transported himself onto the one Ori ship which also contained his best friend Vala and the newly arrived brat of the century, the Orici.

Ori ships are still toiletseats -- cannot be unseen.

How would you rate SG-1's "Flesh and Blood?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

*******EDIT*********

3-episode quiz: Crusade, Camelot & Flesh And Blood (s10)

Jigsaw puzzle: Flesh And Blood
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; October 23rd, 2020 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122