The Official Avalon discussion/news and chitchat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Avalon discussion/news and chitchat thread

THis thread is for attendees of this fall's Avalon convention to discuss the convention. It's also a place for the G4 to post information about the convention.

Have fun kiddies and see you in november
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Great, we have now an official thread

I will keep a list of all the attendees, if you could please let me know when are you going, and we also should organize a dinner, right? what would be the best day? Friday or Saturday evening? any ideas where?

It will be also nice to know where are you coming from and when, that way maybe people would be intrested in sharing a train ride or taking flights together.

Let's have fun! Carolina

Attendees

Friday (AM)

- AmberMoon
    - ForeverSG1
    - Gatersg1
    - Gatenv
    - jannagalaxy
    - LadyJeep
    - MiniGeek
    - Pixiesio
    - Ravinia
    - Rowan Green
    - Sam_Carter
    - Skydiver

Friday (PM)

- Mousie
    - Raknor
    - Shelsfc
    - Terrah
    - Tigerrific
    - Uuzz

Saturday (AM)

- Dipsofjazz
    - Rune
    - Seren LLwch (Mal)

Saturday (PM)

- Abby_i
    - Matt G
    - Shanks313
    - Victoria

Sunday

- LOL4JACK
    - Sclairef99
    - Rachel500
    - SG1-POZ
    - Trupi

So here is another list:

Bus Tour

Friday AM

Friday PM

- AmberMoon
    - Gatersg1
    - Gatenv
    - Lady Jeep
    - Minigeek

Saturday AM

- LOL4JACK
    - Raknor
    - SG1POZ
    - Trupi

Saturday PM

- Pixiesio
    - Seren Llwch (mal)
    - Skydiver
    - Sue

Sunday

- Uuzz

Hotels

Marriot Royal: Trupi, Mr Trupi, SG1POZ, MiniGeek, Lady Jeep, ForeverSG1, Raknor, Shelsfc

Wells: Rowan Green, Mousie, Terrah, Sam Carter, AmberMoon, Rachel500, Gatersg1, Uuzz
    Last edited by LOL4JACK; 12 September 2006, 06:20 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

im friday pm ... dinner is a good idea although you got to remember there are auctions each evening........ brekkie might be easier LOL

Comment

I'll be on the look out for
        - Mousie
        - raknor
        - shelsfc
        - tigerrific
        and hope to see the Fir AM's at the auctions.

Comment

I'm just curious has anyone managed to book a room yet? Or are you waiting for the G4 information about the Bristol Marriott? Is anyone else thinking of staying in Bristol and taking the coach in? I know it's a long drive that morning, but it might be fun to be in the same hotel so we can hang out after the evenings events. Wells is so small it doesn't look as if we're going to be able to find anything close together.

We're thinking about coming in on Thursday and heading back to London on Sunday.

Comment

Hello everyone! Ohh isn't it nice and roomy in here. I don't mind helping to move the furnature in but I'm not doing any painting or wallpapering! Lol

In reply to Foreversg1, yes lots of us have already booked accommodation in and around Wells. We all got a bit impatient waiting for news and a bit worried so many of us went ahead and booked into B&B's. If you have a look at the Gabit forums http://forums.gabitevents.com/ under the Avalon Chat section you'll see a thread about Accommodation and Attendees - It's a list of who's staying where. Hope it helps you.
            sigpic

Comment

I got impatient on accomodation too. Especially since I'm on a tight budget (and the Bristol Hotel's usual rates are pretty high...), and me and freind need accesible accomodation (of which there is very little in Wells...). We are now booked into a lovely suite just outside Wells, apparently with a nice level walk into town.

We might be able to take a third female in our suite (there's a proper single - not pull-out - in the livingroom). So anyone interested? There are also other rooms available.

It's http://www.wells-accommodation.co.uk/ if anyone is interested...
              My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

128 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
                  im friday pm ... dinner is a good idea although you got to remember there are auctions each evening........ brekkie might be easier LOL

Dinner would be a great idea lol4jack. he he, i'm getting giddy at the thought of meeting my fellow gateworlders already!!! however like tiggerific said, there are auctions in the evening. also, the thing is, those of us attending the morning sessions might not be able to make breakfast.

How about we arrange to meet up after the auction, or maybe before it. The thing is i don't think any of us know what time the auction will actually be held and how long the gap will be inbetween the PM session and the auction. There should be enough time. I'm sure that nearer the time GABIT will give us times of events. We could probably arrange it better then.
                  Edward ~ "And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb."
                  Bella ~ "What a stupid Lamb."
                  Edward ~ "What a sick, masochistic Lion."

Comment

yep that sounds like a plan to me!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I'm just curious has anyone managed to book a room yet? Or are you waiting for the G4 information about the Bristol Marriott? Is anyone else thinking of staying in Bristol and taking the coach in? I know it's a long drive that morning, but it might be fun to be in the same hotel so we can hang out after the evenings events. Wells is so small it doesn't look as if we're going to be able to find anything close together.

We're thinking about coming in on Thursday and heading back to London on Sunday.
                      I haven't booked yet, but am definitely thinking of staying in Bristol. I've looked online and it looks like anything closer than Bristol is booked. I'm thinking Wednesday, since I have to entertain myself between AT2 and Avalon. I'm really excited!!!!!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I haven't booked a room either, I'm waiting for the email... but I also think it will be fun if we book together at the same hotel

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          I haven't booked a room either, I'm waiting for the email... but I also think it will be fun if we book together at the same hotel
                          me, too! me, too!!! Always a joiner, never a leader!
                          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                          Hic Comitas Regit
                          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by abby_i
                            Not new here by a long shot, but have only just started posting (LJ seemed to have swallowed me up for a while, and I'm trying to get back to the boards) but thought I'd chip in and say I'm going.

Very excited to be, RDA is someone I never thought I'd meet, so getting to is fantastic!
                            what session do you have?

Comment

I Have booked a B&B about 2 miles outside Wells.

Comment

Working...
                              X